Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Warhammer 3 units/heroes overview: Daemonette and Herald of Slaanesh

BiesBies Junior MemberPosts: 1,446Registered Users
"Come to me. Come to me! You know it is what you have always desired. All your life till now has been a desperate dream of me... awaken! Awaken, and come to me, for your reward awaits in my arms..."

—Leshtrigell, Daemonette

Khaela Furdiekh Mensha Farmiekh Khaine!

Comments

• RikRiorikRikRiorik Posts: 5,193Registered Users
    Should be a super fast army that.

Ring, ring.
    Ring, ring.
    Running rings around the world.
    Lord of the Undermountain
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 13,404Registered Users
    I'm really looking forward to DoC. DoC will be great.

Are those 7e rules? They look broken.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • BiesBies Junior Member Posts: 1,446Registered Users

8e rules
    Khaela Furdiekh Mensha Farmiekh Khaine!

• GodWillTellGodWillTell Posts: 642Registered Users
    Let's see if Slaanesh will be the pre-order race as my buddies told me.

In my opinion Slaanesh could be definitely one of the first cores of the game, thanks to N'kari's trolling plot in WH2...N'kari + Drechala as the initial 2 LL's is my dream, but even if N'kari comes with Masque. Hard choice! Both exciting!

#FORGHORGON
    Bies said:

8e rules
    Thankye kindly likes.

Hmm, DoC was a powerful book, it'll be a powerful race.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • LudboneLudbone Posts: 1,035Registered Users

In my opinion Slaanesh could be definitely one of the first cores of the game, thanks to N'kari's trolling plot in WH2...N'kari + Drechala as the initial 2 LL's is my dream, but even if N'kari comes with Masque. Hard choice! Both exciting!

N'kari appears in 2 epilogues, Arkhan and Kroq-gar. Just like the multiple citations and statements about the Legion of Nagash and The End Times.
    Definitely yes. . . Slaanesh could be an easy pre-order race and another strong AI race for the ones who don't pre-order the game.
    Looking forward to Slaanesh, Ogre Kingdoms, Legion of Nagash, Chaos Dwarfs and Nurgle as the core races.
    Beastmen: where is the love?

Potentially good units for the DoC LP.
    Ludbone said:

N'kari appears in 2 epilogues, Arkhan and Kroq-gar. Just like the multiple citations and statements about the Legion of Nagash and The End Times.
    Definitely yes. . . Slaanesh could be an easy pre-order race and another strong AI race for the ones who don't pre-order the game.
    Looking forward to Slaanesh, Ogre Kingdoms, Legion of Nagash, Chaos Dwarfs and Nurgle as the core races.
    I thought N'kari was also in Malekith or Morathi's epilogue. Couldn't remember their Vortex endings.
    Yes, him/her (N'kari :D) and Nagash are potentially the 2 main villains of WH3 and right now the most likely races to appear in WH3, basing on what CA, What Teams Are Working On and the game gave to us.

But in my opinion the first 2 Monogods races must be Khorne and Nurgle. They have the most complete, biggest, like a lot, and easiest rosters to create, and because they are my 2 favourite Gods with my favourite units and LL's.
    But i'm okay even with Tzeentch and Slaanesh as the first 2 Monogods. Back to the pre-order point......surely Slaanesh has the potential to be it but also Legion of Nagash could easily be the pre-order. I would like to see Kislev as one of the core races. Leaving the remaining 2 Monogods, Albion/Forgotten Tribes, DoW if they are not in WH2 or someone else as Campaign Packs. Cathay, Nippon....i highly doubt the map will be so huge since we know that WH3 will be focused on Chaos Wastelands, a possible Realm of Chaos story mode mini-map for the Chaos only, and Darklands.

Let us agree that the most important thing is having Slaanesh, Khorne, Tzeentch and Nurgle as 4 distinct and complete mixed races as they should be, not a butchered single race with only one type not-mixed units, with also the common 4-5-6+ missing units and the 5% of their LL's. Let alone that this situation could be worse since the chance to see updated, expanded and completed Beastmen, WoC, Gods-WoC are set on highly unlikely/not gonna happen.

#FORGHORGON
    The more I think about it the more Slaaaaanesh makes sense for the LP, it means they can really do units like this justice. Sticking to PG may limit them more than the other DoC units.
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Posts: 12,434Registered Users, Moderators
    Slaanesh in a pack does make sense at first glance, but the problem is that even if you don't own the pack those units will be in your game. You can't just turn it off like with a Blood Pack.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour

Ludbone said:

Let us agree that the most important thing is having Slaanesh, Khorne, Tzeentch and Nurgle as 4 distinct and complete mixed races as they should be, not a butchered single race with only one type not-mixed units, with also the common 4-5-6+ missing units and the 5% of their LL's. Let alone that this situation could be worse since the chance to see updated, expanded and completed Beastmen, WoC, Gods-WoC are set on highly unlikely/not gonna happen.
    Yes, absolutely.

Indeed the missing units scenario can and will happen to all the WH3 core rosters, too. Sad but true. And a single DoC race, as you said, is not only the most limited thing to do for Chaos but it will also have missing units.

Ludbone said:

Ludbone said:

Yes, absolutely.

Indeed the missing units scenario can and will happen to all the WH3 core rosters, too. Sad but true. And a single DoC race, as you said, is not only the most limited thing to do for Chaos but it will also have missing units.
    Every race has missing units, it's not a big deal.

These units were designed to work in an army book with the other Demons. That's the loreful, proper way to implement them.
    Canuovea said:

Slaanesh in a pack does make sense at first glance, but the problem is that even if you don't own the pack those units will be in your game. You can't just turn it off like with a Blood Pack.

Hmm, suppose they could do the same and have them turned off when the LP isn't purchased.

Ludbone said:

Ludbone said:

Yes, absolutely.

These units were designed to work in an army book with the other Demons. That's the loreful, proper way to implement them.
    Canuovea said:

Hmm, suppose they could do the same and have them turned off when the LP isn't purchased.
    They could, but it would be a lot of work and add to balancing. Unless they're just a horde that is easily included or not.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • Chocolate_RainChocolate_Rain Posts: 370Registered Users
    edited March 8
    @Ludbone @GodWillTell I think there is another relevant problem and it's called 'Lord Packs'. That's why i think Kislev or someone else should be the preorder race while the first 2, or 4 or who knows, Monogods should be core races.

Sure that Monogods have the most obvious Lord Packs potential, due to their eternal rivalry, eternal conflicts, also called Great Game, and hate. Ultra common sense Lord Packs. But i can't say the same for Chaos Dwarfs and Ogre Kingdom.
    Chaos Dwarfs usually trades with both other Chaos races, like Kurgan, and Ogres. There is no rivalry between the Ogres and the Dawi.

Empire vs Vampires DLC was common sense.

Dwarfs vs Greenskin DLC was common sense.

HE vs DE DLC was common sense.

Skaven vs Lizardmen DLC is common sense.

Connecting with what Monogods should be core i say...Slaanesh (strong leaks in Warhammer 2) and Khorne. You have already the Title: 'The Beauty and The Beast', ahaha. But in the end every God vs God could be a Lord Pack.

Edit, i agree that 1 single race of just daemons is the worst, poor and most neglecting way to complete Chaos.
    Canuovea said:

Ludbone said:

Ludbone said:

Yes, absolutely.

Canuovea said:

They could, but it would be a lot of work and add to balancing. Unless they're just a horde that is easily included or not.
    Hmmm, on second thought best to just have them PG. There's no real need for them to be M rated.
  • GoatforceGoatforce Posts: 2,045Registered Users

The more I think about it the more Slaaaaanesh makes sense for the LP, it means they can really do units like this justice. Sticking to PG may limit them more than the other DoC units.

I don't know, I mean maybe some of the units but the thing is that N'Kari has been pretty hyped in game 2 as the likely main antagonist of 3 - to not have a decent Slaaneshi presence, and especially not N'Kari himself, would be very strange and kinda a letdown. Personally I think choosing Slaanesh as the main antagonist of 3 is a pretty inspired choice by CA, as he (and Tzeentch before him in game 1) tends to get left out, so choosing him over Khorne and Nurgle should provide a pretty fresh narrative. Just my oppinion anyway.
    Goatforce said:

I don't know, I mean maybe some of the units but the thing is that N'Kari has been pretty hyped in game 2 as the likely main antagonist of 3 - to not have a decent Slaaneshi presence, and especially not N'Kari himself, would be very strange and kinda a letdown. Personally I think choosing Slaanesh as the main antagonist of 3 is a pretty inspired choice by CA, as he (and Tzeentch before him in game 1) tends to get left out, so choosing him over Khorne and Nurgle should provide a pretty fresh narrative. Just my oppinion anyway.
    I actually think that'll be Nagash. We've got a lot of those and he doesn't really work as a new race unless they take a lot from age of Coriander. I'd attribute all the DoC hints to be just that - DoC hints.

That said you raise a fair point. It looks like if one's to be left out for the LP (which presumably will be the case) then it's looking like the green one or the red one.

@Ludbone @GodWillTell I think there is another relevant problem and it's called 'Lord Packs'. That's why i think Kislev or someone else should be the preorder race while the first 2, or 4 or who knows, Monogods should be core races.

Sure that Monogods have the most obvious Lord Packs potential, due to their eternal rivalry, eternal conflicts, also called Great Game, and hate. Ultra common sense Lord Packs. But i can't say the same for Chaos Dwarfs and Ogre Kingdom.
    Chaos Dwarfs usually trades with both other Chaos races, like Kurgan, and Ogres. There is no rivalry between the Ogres and the Dawi.

Connecting with what Monogods should be core i say...Slaanesh (strong leaks in Warhammer 2) and Khorne. You have already the Title: 'The Beauty and The Beast', ahaha. But in the end every God vs God could be a Lord Pack.

Edit, i agree that 1 single race of just daemons is the worst, poor and most neglecting way to complete Chaos.

You pulled out an interesting enigma. . . indeed the God vs God x2 LP's is a no brainer and lorewise absolutely correct. But Ogres and Chaos Dwarfs are not rivals and I don't they ever fought. Also they usually trade, as you said.
    I guess CA will figure out something good and smart for them. But I wonder how much having one of them or both as Campaign Packs will be better than core races, not for the LP's problem but for complete rosters.
    The Legion?

Yes, there are few units for each God in the DoC roster. Very limited. And surely the race will have many missing units/lords/heroes. . . what could happen? Think if DoC comes with Keeper of Secrets, Lord of Change but without Bloodthirster and Great unclean One. . . same for the Heralds. Think if there will be more units for one of the Gods but another one will end with fewer units. Nurgle with less, Tzeentch with more, Slaanesh with half they could have had, Khorne with just 3 of their daemons. DoC is already a race with a poor number of units for each God. . .
    Creating a Nurgle army of daemons only units with just 3 of his units and a lord. . . the worst possible idea ever.
    Then you have to consider that we will probably never see new additions to WoC and Beastmen rosters. . . and DoC only means no God Warriors and Beastmen (Blight Kings, Tzaangors and so on). What remains? Chaos will be the worst and most neglected side of the whole games. The fans rant, the disappointment, will be unbearable.
    That's why Monogods are a must.

edited March 8

Goatforce said:

I actually think that'll be Nagash. We've got a lot of those and he doesn't really work as a new race unless they take a lot from age of Coriander. I'd attribute all the DoC hints to be just that - DoC hints.

That said you raise a fair point. It looks like if one's to be left out for the LP (which presumably will be the case) then it's looking like the green one or the red one.
    I guess Nagash would definitely work as the antagonist, and I am fairly certain he will be a major player in game 3 but since there will be a big Chaos focus I think a Daemon will be the most likely antagonist. N'Kari has been featured in a lot of epilogues, even taking up residence in the Black Pyramid (maybe hinting at a clash between the Dark Prince and Nagash in the narrative of game 3?) and I can't think of another major daemonic character that has been name dropped at all let alone like that (apart from the CA's LoC Sarthorial). I guess Nagash might be the Pre-Order for game 3, functionally being the WoC of the game in terms of how CA sells it but I think the game will function more like 2, whose antagonist is the Skaven, a core race.
    Ludbone said:

You pulled out an interesting enigma. . . indeed the God vs God x2 LP's is a no brainer and lorewise absolutely correct. But Ogres and Chaos Dwarfs are not rivals and I don't they ever fought. Also they usually trade, as you said.
    I guess CA will figure out something good and smart for them. But I wonder how much having one of them or both as Campaign Packs will be better than core races, not for the LP's problem but for complete rosters.
    The Legion?

Yes, there are few units for each God in the DoC roster. Very limited. And surely the race will have many missing units/lords/heroes. . . what could happen? Think if DoC comes with Keeper of Secrets, Lord of Change but without Bloodthirster and Great unclean One. . . same for the Heralds. Think if there will be more units for one of the Gods but another one will end with fewer units. Nurgle with less, Tzeentch with more, Slaanesh with half they could have had, Khorne with just 3 of their daemons. DoC is already a race with a poor number of units for each God. . .
    Creating a Nurgle army of daemons only units with just 3 of his units and a lord. . . the worst possible idea ever.
    Then you have to consider that we will probably never see new additions to WoC and Beastmen rosters. . . and DoC only means no God Warriors and Beastmen (Blight Kings, Tzaangors and so on). What remains? Chaos will be the worst and most neglected side of the whole games. The fans rant, the disappointment, will be unbearable.
    ATM I am leaning more towards DoC as a core with a CP styled after a LP to add monos. For example:

"Blood and Beauty"/"Hound and the Serpent" - Valkia, a Mortal Khorne champion (can't think of one atm) vs Azazel and perhaps Dechala. Leading their god themes faction.

"Raven and Crow" - Van Horstman, Galrouch vs Tamhurrkan and Epidemius/Glottkin. As above with god themed rosters.

I think this will give the monos very good coverage without their taking up core space or a large quantity of DLC slots, given the wait between each DLC and the amount of new stuff this will offer I see this as the best medium personally Who knows, we might get an update to WoC too offering mortal representation for gods there too, ending up with a unified WoC (with full representation), unified DoC and Monos for a massive chaos fest.
    I'm going to say that I think a DoC faction is going to be led by Demons. If there are Monogod factions I don't think they're going to be led by Demons, just have Demons.

So basically. Khorne might get Valkia. Nurgle the Glottkin or Tamurkhan. Tzeentch Van Horstmann or whatever. Slaanesh you'd think would be getting Sigvald, but... I dunno. If any monogod faction is going to be led by a demon its Slaanesh. The Masque?

But Demons of Chaos? They should be led by Demons. I would expect to see LLs like Random Unimportant and Boring Bloodthirster number whichever (I don't like Bloodthirsters, they bore me), Kairos Fateweaver, that big important Nurgle One, and of course N'Kari. Demons should be led by demons.

Which makes it likely we'll see greater demons as lords, is my point.
    edited March 8
    I expect to see DoC as they were in their army book, just like every other race has been as they were in their army book. Anything else would be less and a disservice to them.

Demons of Chaos were designed to be an undivided race, a chaotic force led by the strongest Demon. That's the loreful way to implement them. In terms of whether or not Monos should get Greater Demon Lords I don't see the harm in them having access to them. Having the DoC LL's also be 1 of the 2 Mono LL's would work too, if nothing else it'd be efficient.

@Goatforce Monos aren't core material. They're made up of DoC, BM, and WoC units with a couple unique units, in theory they could be done by a modder sans the couple of unique units. I expect the cores to follow the formula of game 1 and 2, that is unique races that appeal to a broad range of folk. Monos are too niche to do that. That said 2 in 1 Campaign packs would be a great way to do them properly.

Back to N'Kari, it could lead the DoC,I can see it being the lead in the plot the same way the Skaven are in TWW2, being the catalyst for a fight with Nagash.
    Post edited by Vanilla_Gorilla on
  • WyvaxWyvax Posts: 1,435Registered Users
    Daemons of Chaos has a roster on the smaller side, like Wood Elves and Bretonnia. I'd be very surprised to see anything missing from it after it's core and LP releases (apart from Nurglings of course).
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer

Nice point. I checked on the wikia and i asked about that to my friends, TT players, and yes.....seems like Chaos Dwarfs have never fought against Ogres nor any other Chaos race, actually they are "allies". LP's Dwarfs vs Ogres/another Chaos race would be extremely out of context and forced.

And this is why i think CA saw this problem years ago, like in the Russian Datamine. That's why Monogods are set as core races, because they are the only real and no-brainer LP's.

I agree again. DoC only will be a mess and the Chaos fans, but not only them, will probably storm the game. Because until CA shows that they can or will do crossgame or units DLC's with Chaos/BM/Gods related....there is absolutely no chance to get WoC/BM/Gods related units, improvements and missing units.

#FORGHORGON
    Goatforce said:

Ludbone said:

The Legion?

ATM I am leaning more towards DoC as a core with a CP styled after a LP to add monos. For example:

"Blood and Beauty"/"Hound and the Serpent" - Valkia, a Mortal Khorne champion (can't think of one atm) vs Azazel and perhaps Dechala. Leading their god themes faction.

"Raven and Crow" - Van Horstman, Galrouch vs Tamhurrkan and Epidemius/Glottkin. As above with god themed rosters.

I think this will give the monos very good coverage without their taking up core space or a large quantity of DLC slots, given the wait between each DLC and the amount of new stuff this will offer I see this as the best medium personally Who knows, we might get an update to WoC too offering mortal representation for gods there too, ending up with a unified WoC (with full representation), unified DoC and Monos for a massive chaos fest.
    It's a nice idea! However i think 2 Campaign Packs, God vs God will be better in everything than a LP. Also because LP's has just 2 LL and a couple of units (4-5-6) unless CA will do something more with the Skaven vs Lizards one.

#FORGHORGON
    Wyvax said:

Daemons of Chaos has a roster on the smaller side, like Wood Elves and Bretonnia. I'd be very surprised to see anything missing from it after it's core and LP releases (apart from Nurglings of course).

True. The LP is easy to do as well, just cut out 3 units from one god. Probably Nurgle or Khorne.
    edited March 9

Nice point. I checked on the wikia and i asked about that to my friends, TT players, and yes.....seems like Chaos Dwarfs have never fought against Ogres nor any other Chaos race, actually they are "allies". LP's Dwarfs vs Ogres/another Chaos race would be extremely out of context and forced.

And this is why i think CA saw this problem years ago, like in the Russian Datamine. That's why Monogods are set as core races, because they are the only real and no-brainer LP's.

I agree again. DoC only will be a mess and the Chaos fans, but not only them, will probably storm the game. Because until CA shows that they can or will do crossgame or units DLC's with Chaos/BM/Gods related....there is absolutely no chance to get WoC/BM/Gods related units, improvements and missing units.
    Well yeah, CA's precog allowed them to understand the DLC lord against lord, and the fact that both Ogres and Chaos Dwarfs are not antagonists, same with Nagash or Kislev. Sure, the Monogods LP's are also no brainers.
    Then the Monogods potential (lorewise, rosters, Legendary Lords, Story Mode and so on) is impressive, really. Norsca is a clear example of their potentials. . . and Norsca is also the favourite CA race of the game. Why? As said by CA: "because of the roster, the monsters, the warriors". This is why CA will do Monogods, 4 races/rosters with a lot of material to implement. . . 100× times more than Norsca. And also that's why making Monogods additional LP's or Campaign Packs is a must, a no brainer.
    I can't say the same for the Ogres and the Chaos Dwarfs. The Ogres, for example, are the least popular race in the TT game. Something so unpopular that is not really necessary for the main game, as core race. . . in fact Ogres can be done by modders by taking the Bloated Corpses, Trolls (for Yethees and Gorgers) and the Animated Hulks as main models. There are a couple of unique units that will be clearly not in the game, but that's not a great problem, not a big deal.
    Different is the Chaos/Monogods situation: WoC is the most popular TT race (and Monogods will have WoC missing units, like Skullcrushers and Mutalith Beast, and Warriors of the Gods, like Wrathmongers and the Putrids). . . add DoC and Beastmen (same WoC situation for BM) and put them togheter. 4 most popular, interesting and funny rosters/races? So it seems.
    Sure, Kislev, Nagash, DoW and Chaos Dwarfs can be modded, actually there are mods about them already, but if everything can be created by mods, in the worst possible way maybe, then why asking for a 3rd game?
    Besides that Monogods, at least 2 cores + 2 Campaign, are coming, basing on the hints, the datamine and the common sense. . . I see The Legion, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev as core races. Then the Ogres can be core, DLC or just modders-made.

edited March 10
    Goatforce said:

Ludbone said:

The Legion?

This would be another good idea, although these are Campaign Packs (2LL vs 2LL - more than just 4-5 units), not LP's. And CP's would be much better than LP's.

About the possbile Legendary Lords, Khorne has:

+ Skarr Bloodwrath

+ Abrax The Bloody

+ Egil Styrbjorn

+ Haargroth The Blooded

Slaanesh has:

+ Vandred The Magnificent

Tzeentch has:

Nurgle has:

+ Eogrit The Vile

+ The Maggot Riders (even if I can see them as generic Nurgle lords)

+ Gutrot Spume

The more I look at them, the more I think Monogods, or at least multiple Monogods Campaign Packs, must be in WH3.
    Post edited by Ludbone on

• Chocolate_RainChocolate_Rain Posts: 370Registered Users
    Ludbone said:

The Legion?

Yes-Yes, i think the same way.

Then with Norsca's complete addition the Monogods presence is a sure thing, somehow as a Campaign Pack or main races or both mixed.

• GingerRoeBroGingerRoeBro Senior Member Posts: 2,729Registered Users
    edited March 10

Ludbone said:

The Legion?

Yes-Yes, i think the same way.

Then with Norsca's complete addition the Monogods presence is a sure thing, somehow as a Campaign Pack or main races or both mixed.

@Chocolate_Rain
    Monogods is certainly coming, it is only a matter of time now.

And especially when we already can have A greater Daemon "Azrik the Maze Keeper" leading and fighting alongside a Norscan army, and another greater daemon "Sarthorael the Ever-Watcher" being with the WoC so, Daemons alongisde mortals in armies is already possible.
    Bigger Budget for game 3?

They're gonna need it for all of the monogod glory.
    Which will be the "4 distinct gods representing the different aspects of Chaos such as Khorne, Slaanesh, Tzeentch, and Nurgle." :blush: ^CA quote

Thank you CA for seeing them as what they truly are.
    Let the Games Begin!
    https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/The_Great_Game