Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Suggestion for Saga game

This discussion was created from comments split from: Free ebook and 20% off other titles from Osprey.

Comments

• Pickelrick47Pickelrick47 Posts: 11Registered Users
    Hi all. Ever since I have heard about Creative Assembly and their many awesome strategy games like Rome Total war II and Total War Atilla, I have always wanted to be able to play a mode where I can play as either King Arthur or any Romano British Ruler during the historical Arthurian Age as I am interested in this time peroid of history. With the release of Total War Thrones of Britannia last and with the new DLC games for Rome Total war II like Empire divided and Rise of the Republic, I thought it would be a fantastic idea for Creative Assembly and Sega to create a total war game that was like a precursor to Thrones of Brittaina and an aftermath of Total War Attila that took place during the Arthurian age or Anglo saxon Brythonic war peroid of British history when the Angles, Saxons, Jutes where invading and driving out many of the local Britons to west of Britain while the British tried to fight back against the on coming tide of Germanic Invaders. I also think there should be a choice of playing 7 main Romano British kingdom as there were many during that time period and a couple of other playable factions as well. I also think that the Welsh/Romano British should be wearing armor that looks like a combination between Thrones of Brittaina and Total War Attila as this the peroid of post Roman Britian and the beinggings of what we would later see in Thrones of Brittaina. If you guys think this would be awesome addition to the Total War Saga Franchise let me in the comment section below.
    Thank you!
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 17,658Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Split and moved from original forum location.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Posts: 8,208Registered Users
    Korean 3 Kingdoms
  • LESAMALESAMA Member Posts: 994Registered Users
    if Europe it should focus on crusades. If Asia well focus on mongol invasion China would be nice. Although I don’t expect that while this would also be a good dlc for 3k
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Posts: 8,208Registered Users
    LESAMA said:

if Europe it should focus on crusades. If Asia well focus on mongol invasion China would be nice. Although I don’t expect that while this would also be a good dlc for 3k

Genghis Khan deserves his own game.
  • Emperor_NapoleonEmperor_Napoleon Posts: 105Registered Users
    I'd love to see a Saga game on the Great Northern War. Have it be set from 1700 to 1720, with 12 turns per year, and covering a map of Northern and Eastern Europe. The major playable factions would be Russia, Sweden, Denmark, Poland-Lithuania, the Crimean Khanate and the Ottoman Empire. This is my ultimate hope for a Saga title, since I really want another gunpowder-era Total War game (it's been six years since the last one).
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 17,649Registered Users
    Imjin War or bust.

• TyphoonBlazeTyphoonBlaze Posts: 64Registered Users
    Or maybe planned to remaster the old game rather than make another title right now
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 17,649Registered Users

Or maybe planned to remaster the old game rather than make another title right now

TW does not do remasters. They do upgrades through sequels. So there will be an Empire II before there will be Empire Remastered.

• Karoten2Karoten2 Posts: 161Registered Users
    I would like to play 30 years war or Hussite War in TW Saga
  • TyphoonBlazeTyphoonBlaze Posts: 64Registered Users

TW does not do remasters. They do upgrades through sequels. So there will be an Empire II before there will be Empire Remastered.
    no i mean as far as i know they stop in number 2 , so they might consider remaster
  • ArminageShikobaArminageShikoba Junior Member Posts: 148Registered Users
    jamreal18 said:

LESAMA said:

CA have said they do have character focused games so I do think this would work really well, but it should be Khan total war rather than Genghis Khan total war, as you can go from Genghis to Kablai. Or you can fit several expansions onto these game with Genghis being the main game focus, and have the Golden horde as a DLC and have the rise of the Chinese Dynasties (Yuan) as another DLC.
  • Emperor_NapoleonEmperor_Napoleon Posts: 105Registered Users

jamreal18 said:

LESAMA said:

CA have said they do have character focused games so I do think this would work really well, but it should be Khan total war rather than Genghis Khan total war, as you can go from Genghis to Kablai. Or you can fit several expansions onto these game with Genghis being the main game focus, and have the Golden horde as a DLC and have the rise of the Chinese Dynasties (Yuan) as another DLC.
    As great as this would be, I think the scope would be too large for a Total War game, since if it were to encompass the entire existence of the Mongol Empire, from Genghis to Kublai, the map would have to cover everywhere from Japan to Central Europe, which is just far too large for there to be any kind of depth or detail. It'd be like Empire where entire countries like France and Spain consisted of one city, which was terrible. I'd prefer a more focused approach, like Warhammer, where each game covers a different region, so the first game could be focused on East Asia the steppe, and the second game the Middle East, and the third game Eastern and Central Europe.