Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Can't co-op when using one of my mods

lucky_dutchlucky_dutch Registered Users Posts: 196
Having some challenges resuming or starting a new co-op campaign due to “incompatible versions” and after a bit of trial and error I have discovered that the problem occurs when we are using any mods where I am the author. It's not just one mod at fault, the problem occurs when we try to use any of my mods.

Both me and my partner completely our files then re-downloading the same version from steam, the game still thinks we have incompatible versions.

Is this a problem anyone else has experienced before?

Does anyone have any ideas how I can fix the issue?

Comments

• BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKRegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 37,386
    You could try deleting the launcher folder in %appdata\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Warhammer 2. That seems to help sometimes.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • lucky_dutchlucky_dutch Registered Users Posts: 196

You could try deleting the launcher folder in %appdata\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Warhammer 2. That seems to help sometimes.

THANK YOU!

After about 6 hours of messing around trying to troubleshoot this, your suggestion fixed it instantly.

Much appreciated!
  • BiesliekBiesliek Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 43
    Reverting to the old launcher also helped for me:

1. Right-click the game in your game library and select Properties.
    2. Select the BETAS tab.
    3. Choose 'launcher_release_candidate' from the drop-down menu.
    4. The build will start downloading.

Once downloaded please restart Steam and try the game again.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file