Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Broken Launcher

AmbionestAmbionest Posts: 4Registered Users
The launcher seems to be broken, or something I'm not entirely sure.

The launcher itself launches no issues, but after that if a click the "mods" tab in it. it just buffers forever trying to find the mods. even if the mods are deleted off of my Computer it is Still trying to find them. or trying to launch the game just breaks freezes the whole launcher.

i have tried re-downloading the game and mods. but nothing seems to be working.

This has happened with total war warhammer (1)

if anyone has any clue what could be causing this or how i could potentially fix this. please let me know.

~Ambi
Tagged:

Comments

• BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 35,511Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Try deleting the launcher folder in %appdata\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Warhammer. It seems to solve a lot of issues. - perhaps this is one of them.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • AmbionestAmbionest Posts: 4Registered Users
    edited March 11

Try deleting the launcher folder in %appdata\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Warhammer. It seems to solve a lot of issues. - perhaps this is one of them.

I did that, aaand unfortunately it does not work. this is quite the pickle huh?..
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 35,511Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Have you cleared your Steam download cache?

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • KlausTheKatKlausTheKat Posts: 376Registered Users
    Could try switching to old launcher beta?
    My System Specs:
    GPU: - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980ti
    CPU: - Intel i7 6700k
    RAM: - 16GB Corsair DDR3
    SSDD: - Kingston SV300S37A 120GB
    HDD: - Western Digital 2TB
    Display: - Wasabi Mango UHD430 4k 43" and/or BenQ W1110 1080p 3D Projector
    my Brother told me of a trick he found with steam, i'm going to try that first and then i will try out the launcher beta trick. and yest i cleared the download cache at one point
  • Belisarius_the_GreatBelisarius_the_Great Posts: 3Registered Users
    Hey Ambionest I'm having the same issues but even worse as all my total war games that use the launcher now don't work and do the same thing as you said. At first I thought it was because I had just gotten a new hard drive but after going back to my old one it still doesn't work and I have tried everything now to fix it but nothing

No clue what to do so hope we can find something to fix this
  • Belisarius_the_GreatBelisarius_the_Great Posts: 3Registered Users
    hey update I found way for you to get into your games, go into properties of the game on steam, go to betas and select launcher_release_candidate and give you the old launcher instead.
    Worked for me and should handle mods as well

hey update I found way for you to get into your games, go into properties of the game on steam, go to betas and select launcher_release_candidate and give you the old launcher instead.
    Worked for me and should handle mods as well

Hey, thank you a bunch Belisarius. It worked for me as well, I didn't even know the launcher versions were under beta's on steam. thank you a lot!

:)

~Ambi