Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Need help with public order

iprofiletdiprofiletd Posts: 1Registered Users

ever since i conquered this area about 100 turns ago there has been provincial instability for ages and it keeps going up everytime i expand and i'm sick of having to leave an army behind to deal with rebels. I have all public order buildings almost and a few dignitaries and I have no idea what to do at this point

Comments

• nodulousnodulous Senior Member Posts: 893Registered Users
    Hold the cursor over the PO number, it'll give you figures, see where it's coming from. Have you any old mods running?
  • RewanRewan Senior Member Posts: 772Registered Users
    -658 PO ?

What in the ...
  • CogreCogre Senior Member Posts: 2,136Registered Users
    Raze it and start again, wait that sounds like advice for Rome 1
    KRYTEN: I'm some kind of robot who's fighting this virus, and none of
    this exists, it's all in a fever, except for you guys, who really do
    exist, only you're not really here, you're really on some space ship in
    the future. Hell, if that's got to make sense I don't want to be
    sober!
  • Red11sgbRed11sgb Posts: 107Registered Users
    I haven't played Rome 2 in a while but negative 658 public order? How???? What is causing that?
  • Asmodai88Asmodai88 Posts: 3Registered Users
    When you conquer anything just do occupy. When you destroy armies don't kill or enslave them. Free them. I've done this and not had a single rebellion or public order problems since then.
  • CogreCogre Senior Member Posts: 2,136Registered Users
    It may work but I cannot abide freeing someone who has taken up arms against me.
    KRYTEN: I'm some kind of robot who's fighting this virus, and none of
    this exists, it's all in a fever, except for you guys, who really do
    exist, only you're not really here, you're really on some space ship in
    the future. Hell, if that's got to make sense I don't want to be
    sober!
  • dreagondreagon Senior Member Posts: 1,630Registered Users
    Asmodai88 said:

When you conquer anything just do occupy. When you destroy armies don't kill or enslave them. Free them. I've done this and not had a single rebellion or public order problems since then.

Razing is actually better if you conquer a settlement from a different culture than yours.
    "The dog is a peasant and the cat is a gentleman." H.P. Lovecraft
  • RewanRewan Senior Member Posts: 772Registered Users
    That's actually wrong because you get money out of destroying buildings.

(Also settlement/port slots are auto-converted when demolished)
  • hoomhoom Posts: 81Registered Users
    edited March 16
    Jebus, 100 turns & minus 600 order?!

Its probably that (Gaul?) army above the tooltip between Singidun & Akink, its still in the Singidun province & it'll be sitting there in Raiding status: each turn thats going to be generating a bunch of negative order.
    You gotta kill those bastards off or force them to leave.

There may also be currently invisible Agents or other armies hiding in the forests generating more negative order.
    Put some spies in there, next to or in the city in counter-intel mode & hunt around in the forest areas/assasinate any that show up.

Edit:

Put mouse over the Public Order number (circled in red) & hold for more detailed breakdown.

I think you'll find a large number in Devastation caused by that Raiding army (though there isn't obvious ground scorching)
    Even after killing that army off it'll take a lot of turns to dissipate from such a large negative number.
    Can also be caused by Agents/Armies in Akink & Segestica.

You have 89% Roman Culture so that shouldn't be the issue.
    When you do have a culture issue put upgraded Temple of Jupiter (for Rome) in all regions of the Province & deployed Dignataries to maximise Conversion rate.

The other buildings at least won't be hurting the PO or are providing + values, though there's opportunity for some improvement.

Also highlighted in Yellow the province border showing that army is in this Province.

You possibly have a really bad family member with big negative traits within the Province, check the Attributes/Skills/Household of any Generals you have in the 3 regions.
    Make sure you put a General in each capital to at least create some Public Order from Military Presence (the difference between just in the Province & garrisoned in the capitals is large).

Edit2: you have enemy agents outside Akink & Segestica, they're probably causing you issues.
    And that looks like a massive amount of Devastation next to Segestica, was there an enemy army there for a long time?
    I don't think there is anything you can do to help speed up cleaning up Devastation other than removing the cause?

Edit3: also check your Tax rate/Tax status.
    If you have high Empire wide Tax rate make sure you Exclude this Province because that'll be really hurting PO.
    Post edited by hoom on
    maybe those guys should be doing something more useful...