Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The Witch King of Naggarond ; Malekith

DarkLordDDarkLordD Registered Users Posts: 2,412
Hello everyone ! how is everyone doing on this forum :) ? Been a while !

I have a very quick question for everyone of you.

What do you think would be better for Malekith in campaign. This is about his armour piece in.

I got the hidden item for Malekith named The armour of midnight.

It gives 12 armour - 6 MD - 20% physical - -2 wound recovery.

OR shall I give him the armour that allows for regen ? Don't know the name out of my head, but I think it got 10% ward OR physical too .. its a blue and rare item.

Where would Malekith benefit more from ? And is there another way to get regen in the Vortex campaign without armour ? A lord trait perhaps ? sadly there is no Issabela in the vortex ;)

Thanks a lot everyone :) !
Dark Lord D the Fearsome (I) ~~~ First Dark Lord of the Old World.

--~~ let them hate me as long as they fear me ------------------------- Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus, Roman Emperor

Comments

• GCRustGCRust Registered Users Posts: 604
    Depends how you use him, honestly. Also whether or not Nagarythe is still on the board. If Anar is still around, definitely want to keep on the Armor of Midnight because Anar has a rite that gives him a special assassin that can knock out lords (1 for 1, so don't fret too much), so you might need the wound recovery time.

If you're using him as the brawler, then obviously regen would be more beneficial.

I used him as a Caster Lord, so I never found regen to be all that useful, so I kept him with the Armor of Midnight myself.
  • LordTorquemadoLordTorquemado Registered Users Posts: 1,397
    You give him Armour of Midnight, then you hunt down Isabella von Carstein to take regeneration and other LLs from the Old World to take different traits.
    "You stumble about in darkness. There is no light here, no mercy. Naggarond has claimed the souls of better heroes than you."
  • DarkLordDDarkLordD Registered Users Posts: 2,412

You give him Armour of Midnight, then you hunt down Isabella von Carstein to take regeneration and other LLs from the Old World to take different traits.

Hey lord ;)

this is the vortex campaign, the reason why I ask is because isabella is missing here :P she seems to have wondered off and prever to drink hummie blood instead of pure elven blood.

--~~ let them hate me as long as they fear me ------------------------- Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus, Roman Emperor
    GCRust said:

Depends how you use him, honestly. Also whether or not Nagarythe is still on the board. If Anar is still around, definitely want to keep on the Armor of Midnight because Anar has a rite that gives him a special assassin that can knock out lords (1 for 1, so don't fret too much), so you might need the wound recovery time.

If you're using him as the brawler, then obviously regen would be more beneficial.

I used him as a Caster Lord, so I never found regen to be all that useful, so I kept him with the Armor of Midnight myself.

Hmmm, great advice thank you !

Alitn anar is confederated, this means he can;t use his special assassins anymore, correct :) ?

I do use malekith a LOT in melee (Sword of Khaine) and as caster, it works very well on his Dragon :)

But I find it a hard decision. Mostly I don't like unequiping legendary stuff, its ment for that character so I rather keep it on. BUt in this regard, I wonder how much better Malekith is if he could regen. Might be worth the 10% less physical, since the other armour has 10% ward safe instead of 20 % physical.

(does physical also work against NON magic arrows ??)

• GCRustGCRust Registered Users Posts: 604
    DarkLordD said:

Alitn anar is confederated, this means he can;t use his special assassins anymore, correct :) ?

I don't believe so, no. If Anar confederated with Lothern then I think Lothern's rites take precedent and the AI's not smart enough to hang something like his Lord Killer in reserve.

I do use malekith a LOT in melee (Sword of Khaine) and as caster, it works very well on his Dragon :)

But I find it a hard decision. Mostly I don't like unequiping legendary stuff, its ment for that character so I rather keep it on. BUt in this regard, I wonder how much better Malekith is if he could regen. Might be worth the 10% less physical, since the other armour has 10% ward safe instead of 20 % physical.

I think so, but don't quote me on it.

As for the rest - I guess the biggest question is are you seeing him take a lot of damage in fights that the regen is better than the Armor? If Malekith feels squishy, sure go for it, but if Malekith is coming out of battles with his health pretty much intact (and with the Dragon he should be, pretty easy to pull him out to melee there) then I don't think you'd really need it.

GCRust said:

DarkLordD said:

I don't believe so, no. If Anar confederated with Lothern then I think Lothern's rites take precedent and the AI's not smart enough to hang something like his Lord Killer in reserve.

I think so, but don't quote me on it.

As for the rest - I guess the biggest question is are you seeing him take a lot of damage in fights that the regen is better than the Armor? If Malekith feels squishy, sure go for it, but if Malekith is coming out of battles with his health pretty much intact (and with the Dragon he should be, pretty easy to pull him out to melee there) then I don't think you'd really need it.

Yes, good point you are making. That the thing. Some battles he gets out with 55% of HP left or so. makes me wonder if regen would make him overal more OP then the armour of midnight. He wins everything right now as of how he is right now, but I just want to make him as beastly as possible >:)

• Loupi_Loupi_ Registered Users Posts: 1,696
    well malekith already starts with 20% physical resistance, so I'd go with armour of midnight to get him up to 40%, then get seraphon and bam! you've got a dragon with 40% physical resistance. Stack that with magic resistance from item and skill tree and he'll be practicallly invulnerable. Regeneration's nice, but when he can heal himself with soulstealer it's not that great, and makes him weaker to fire, so tyrion and high elves will hurt him badly.
    Louis_1 said:

well malekith already starts with 20% physical resistance, so I'd go with armour of midnight to get him up to 40%, then get seraphon and bam! you've got a dragon with 40% physical resistance. Stack that with magic resistance from item and skill tree and he'll be practicallly invulnerable. Regeneration's nice, but when he can heal himself with soulstealer it's not that great, and makes him weaker to fire, so tyrion and high elves will hurt him badly.

oooww thats true ! he also has souleater ... I keep forget to use that !!!

AND with his dark magic, meaning he has NO worries about the WoM I should be fine then.

It seems I just keep the armour of midnight on then ^^ ! thanks friend Louis :)

• AIMA_DracklorAIMA_Dracklor Registered Users Posts: 4,443
    Hey darklord where are the : what is you favorite **** in warhammer 1/2 threads ? I miss them 😉

Kranox said:

Hey darklord where are the : what is you favorite **** in warhammer 1/2 threads ? I miss them 😉

Hey my bretonnian friend !

I will make one soon ;) was not on the forum for a while. I promise I come up with agood one very soon :)

• Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 24,543
    Take the Armor of Midnight. You have the Soulstealer spell for healing already.

Take the Armor of Midnight. You have the Soulstealer spell for healing already.

Very true !

• BoombastekBoombastek Registered Users Posts: 2,121
    DarkLordD said:

What do you think would be better for Malekith in campaign. This is about his armour piece in.

OR shall I give him the armour that allows for regen ? Don't know the name out of my head, but I think it got 10% ward OR physical too .. its a blue and rare item.

Where would Malekith benefit more from ? And is there another way to get regen in the Vortex campaign without armour ? A lord trait perhaps ? sadly there is no Issabela in the vortex ;)

Armor with regeneration quiet rare and it special DE drop. Yes in most ways it better than midnight armor.

I assume you are faster got midnight armor than regeneration.

DarkLordD said:

Armor with regeneration quiet rare and it special DE drop. Yes in most ways it better than midnight armor.

I got the armour already, but as some folks have mentioned, the soul eater spell does heal well, I forget about that when I posted this thread ^^

• BoombastekBoombastek Registered Users Posts: 2,121
    DarkLordD said:

DarkLordD said:

I got the armour already, but as some folks have mentioned, the soul eater spell does heal well, I forget about that when I posted this thread ^^
    Spell have quiet low dmg, around 1k in armor on ultra.
    Idk how much it heal.
  • rymeintrinsecarymeintrinseca Registered Users Posts: 852
    DarkLordD said:

Dark Elves actually have access to two kinds of regen armour, one with perma regen, one with regen in combat:

In my 'Son of Aenarion' campaign I went with the Armour of Living Death, because it has a better statline and you don't really need regen out of combat if you have high resistance, armour, MD, etc. He's good for soloing four full stacks:

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/235532/malekith-son-of-aenarion

That was in ME though. Vortex is a different matter. Not only can you not pick up regen from Isabella, you can't get physical resist from Wurrzag either. So the only way you will get to 90% ward+physical resist is with the Armour of Midnight or Armour of Destiny, so you should take one of those. 90% resist across the board gives you twice as much effective HP and is essential if you want the most powerful build. Malekith can always fall back on soul stealer for regen.

DarkLordD said:

Dark Elves actually have access to two kinds of regen armour, one with perma regen, one with regen in combat:

In my 'Son of Aenarion' campaign I went with the Armour of Living Death, because it has a better statline and you don't really need regen out of combat if you have high resistance, armour, MD, etc. He's good for soloing four full stacks:

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/235532/malekith-son-of-aenarion

That was in ME though. Vortex is a different matter. Not only can you not pick up regen from Isabella, you can't get physical resist from Wurrzag either. So the only way you will get to 90% ward+physical resist is with the Armour of Midnight or Armour of Destiny, so you should take one of those. 90% resist across the board gives you twice as much effective HP and is essential if you want the most powerful build. Malekith can always fall back on soul stealer for regen.
    Hey,

Nice addition ! I have never ever seen that piece of armour.