Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Newbie help - Campaign Victory condition

GCRustGCRust Posts: 604Registered Users
So I just picked up Medieval II on the latest Steam Sale having gotten into the franchise via Warhammer. Started out as Spain, Hard Difficulty, with Short Campaign objectives (Knock out Portugal and the Moors).

Well, I'm 20 turns in and Portugal and the Moors are now Allies with one another. That's going to be a problem, considering. Is an Alliance pretty much forever, or is my best bet to just be patient and let relations deteriorate over time?

Comments

• CaptainRadishCaptainRadish Posts: 18Registered Users
    I wouldn’t worry about it. Continue on as you would, maybe don’t worry about any big battles yet, get a good economy whilst building up your armies. I feel like most allies aren’t zealous to fight for each other, just start the war when your ready. 20 turns isn’t much and there’s no rush :)
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,017Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Agree with the Captain. Med II has a number of things to be concerned about but Alliances aren't one of them, tbf.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • iceniiicenii Senior Member The PhilippinesPosts: 1,328Registered Users
    Build up your Rep with the Pope and call a crusade against a Moorish target highly likely Portugal will go to war with them.
    I cannot force you to believe the truth but i can allow you to believe a lie. Quote by me " Icenii ".
  • dreagondreagon Senior Member Posts: 1,737Registered Users
    You can kind of compare alliances to non-aggression pacts in the later games. Although most factions will still happily stab you in the back if they think you're weak and they have no wars going on.
    "The dog is a peasant and the cat is a gentleman." H.P. Lovecraft