Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

What’s the chance of an empire vs GS dlc?

Theo91Theo91 Registered Users Posts: 2,366
1. Both missing lots of units
2. Both have boring/ broken mechanics
3. Both need a shake up of starting positions
4. Both are part of the same game so no cross game issues

5. You could argue neither need another lord but there certainly are options if they wanted to add one

Feel free to throw out a percentage of likelihood of this happening... I’m gonna go for 27% because why not

Comments

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 31,193
    Little to none.

They're not updating game 1.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, Greater Demon of the Ogre Kingdoms, Teller of Truths, Enemy of Lies, Emperor of a lost Empire

• FinishingLastFinishingLast Registered Users Posts: 4,746
    3%. As VG stated, this update wouldn't go to game 1. It'd be in game 2 or game 3 only. Which means it wouldn't be explicitly playable in the game the DLC is sold in unless you have the previous game for the combined map. It's the same reason the DLC factions that are playable in ME are still sold under game 1 to prevent a game 2 only owner from seeing it and buying it thinking they can play it. You have to have both so selling the DLC on a game that can't use it isn't good marketing. Then you have the whole diminishing returns issue. You're selling to game 2 owners who also have game 1 and play ME. That can't be a huge number so the sales figures are already less than just a standard DLC.

Now understand, I want this a lot. That and cross-game DLC. I just think it's a hard road for CA to go down with a lot of casual users being confused about how it's playable and a lot of hardcore fans angry at having to pay more for races they've already paid money for.

I'm neither of these. I say bring on the content! As long as it's worth the cost, I'm fine with it.
    SiWI: "no they just hate you and I don't blame them."
  • kitekazekitekaze Registered Users Posts: 317
    Basically, Empire can match with almost all force of destruction.

Empire vs Greenskin: Marius Leitdorf vs Gorbad Ironclaw

Empire vs Beastmen: Markus Wulfhart vs Taurox the Brass Bull

Empire vs Norsca: Oleg von Raukov vs Lord Mortkin

Empire vs Chaos: Elspeth von Draken vs Tarmurkhan

Empire, Dwarf vs Skaven: Gotrex & Felix vs Thanquol
  • ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 8,136
    Around 0% chance of that this time around, we can hope for extensive updates to the factions as FLC but a DLC for game one factions when game one is abandoned? Nope not happening.

GuO STOMP!
    Nurgle Is Love
    Nurgle Is Life
  • Gotrek_BeastslayerGotrek_Beastslayer Registered Users Posts: 1,569
    I'd love to see this...however, Cross-Game DLC's featuring GS and Empire vs 2 WH2 races sounds better IMO~

Empire vs Moulder Clan~

Not the emperor we deserve, but the emperor we need!
    #JusticeForTzeentch #JusticeForMonogods

WH Novels:

- Vampire Wars: The Von Carstein Trilogy: 10/10
    - Gilead's Blood: 8/10
    - Riders of the Dead: 9/10
    - Empire in Chaos: 9/10
    - Mark of Damnation: 7.5/10
    - Mark of Heresy: 7/10
    - G&F: Trollslayer: 8/10 (re-read)
    - G&F: Skavenslayer: 9.5/10
    - G&F: Daemonslayer: 10/10
    - G&F: Dragonslayer: 8/10
    - G&F: Beastslayer: 7.5/10
    - G&F: Vampireslayer: 7/10
    - G&F: Giantslayer: 7.5/10
    - The Chronicles of Malus Darkblade vol. one: 8.5/10
    - Drachenfels: 6.5/10
    - Genevìeve Undead: 7.5/10
    - Silver Nails: 9.5/10
  • endikuxendikux Registered Users Posts: 852
    Very high chance if you change the Empire to "The Dynasty" and racial swap the entire faction to Asian. Then CA will have it done in a weekend.
  • PTreePTree Registered Users Posts: 858

3%. As VG stated, this update wouldn't go to game 1. It'd be in game 2 or game 3 only. Which means it wouldn't be explicitly playable in the game the DLC is sold in unless you have the previous game for the combined map. It's the same reason the DLC factions that are playable in ME are still sold under game 1 to prevent a game 2 only owner from seeing it and buying it thinking they can play it. You have to have both so selling the DLC on a game that can't use it isn't good marketing. Then you have the whole diminishing returns issue. You're selling to game 2 owners who also have game 1 and play ME. That can't be a huge number so the sales figures are already less than just a standard DLC.

Now understand, I want this a lot. That and cross-game DLC. I just think it's a hard road for CA to go down with a lot of casual users being confused about how it's playable and a lot of hardcore fans angry at having to pay more for races they've already paid money for.

I'm neither of these. I say bring on the content! As long as it's worth the cost, I'm fine with it.

I'm not sure about all of this. Yesterday, I bought the Beastman DLC, and I don't even have WH1 installed anymore. I'm just happy to buy it (Albeit at discount) and play on the ME map. I'm tempted to reinstall so I can play the DLC campaign, but just like the WE campaign, I probably wont mind and just continue to play ME instead.

There are always going to be people who moan, but those people are just kids who have no idea about anything, let alone running a business. And they'll be moaning on one channel and playing and enjoying themselves on the other. There is so much potential for further income for CA and GW if they just pull their fingers out and stop worrying about such things.

Like you, I'd happily buy the Empire DLC and play it on ME or WH3 etc... CA, give us more!

PS. I think the Empire will get updated in WH3 in a Storm of Choas still DLC. It will be Middenland etc... That's how GW ran their releases. First we had a campaign to the New World, then back to the old for SoC.

• GodWillTellGodWillTell Registered Users Posts: 1,148
    I would buy it.

But crossgame DLC are most likely, basing on CA statements.
  • LuciferLucifer Member England U.KRegistered Users Posts: 2,177
    edited March 2019
    Hopefully, none. I'd rather game three got here quicker than see valuable time wasted.

Though, It would make sense to add Todbringer to the mix in ME, but as far as changes to start positions, while very easy to implement. The ME map imo is far too compressed and needs massively expanded in order to get more and more LL's into other positions comfortably. Unless you of course switch them out with other generic lords, which is easier.

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein
    Kislev - from darkness to light.19/3

My steam workshop - mods.
    Lucifer said:

Hopefully, none. I'd rather game three got here quicker than see valuable time wasted.

Time spent improving the GS and Empire is not time wasted.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, Greater Demon of the Ogre Kingdoms, Teller of Truths, Enemy of Lies, Emperor of a lost Empire

• Some_ScribeSome_Scribe Registered Users Posts: 1,382

I'd love to see this...however, Cross-Game DLC's featuring GS and Empire vs 2 WH2 races sounds better IMO~

Empire vs Moulder Clan~

Not the emperor we deserve, but the emperor we need!

I like to think that if the Empire ever did learn about/tell its people about the Skaven, they wouldn't panic but start scouring their sewers and kicking ratmen butt. (Maybe they can ask the Tileans and Dwarfs for some rat-hunting tips while they're at it.)

As to the OP, I doubt we'll see a DLC for a DLC race.
    edited March 2019

Lucifer said:

I think the two years of peaceful non large scale improvement to them factions by CA, say otherwise. But hey, who knows what might come along.

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein

• Ares354Ares354 Registered Users Posts: 4,292
    Lucifer said:

Lucifer said:

I think the two years of peaceful non large scale improvement to them factions by CA, say otherwise. But hey, who knows what might come along.
    Change your name, some suits you well.

Two years of no large improvments by CA only made some race unenjoyable, only this. But your are Vamp fanboy, you would only care about more Vamp is game, nothing more.
    edited March 2019
    Ares354 said:

Lucifer said:

Lucifer said:

Two years of no large improvments by CA only made some race unenjoyable, only this. But your are Vamp fanboy, you would only care about more Vamp is game, nothing more.
    Aww poor sausage, there there. If its any consolation, I'm feasting upon them salty tears. >:)

P.S
    /me strokes the Vampires 5 LL's. You want this don't you. Hahahaha >:)

Lucifer said:

Ares354 said:

Lucifer said:

Lucifer said:

Aww poor sausage, there there. If its any consolation, I'm feasting upon them salty tears. >:)

P.S
    Care to say more ? or that it. Your tears will flow so badly when CA will make Nagash boss battle Lord only.
    edited March 2019
    Ares354 said:

Lucifer said:

Ares354 said:

Lucifer said:

Lucifer said:

P.S
    Care to say more ? or that it. Your tears will flow so badly when CA will make Nagash boss battle Lord only.
    Even a battle lord would be nice, and a fine addition to the Vampires/undead, I can soon change it via modding. >:)
    Hell, I could even add in all of the empire as playable factions with offices and cool perks, but no, they're not beautiful vampires and thus not the object of my care.

As an addition:
    Go ahead, enjoy your generic new start positions in the next region with already tried and tested LL's and a generic set of buildings and roster. You'll be bored to death, hopefully in around ten minutes of playing it. As a vampire, I laugh at the threads requesting this new found boredom so funny, its hilarious.

Lucifer said:

Ares354 said:

Lucifer said:

Ares354 said:

Lucifer said:

Lucifer said:

P.S
    Even a battle lord would be nice, and a fine addition to the Vampires/undead, I can soon change it via modding. >:)
    Hell, I could even add in all of the empire as playable factions with offices and cool perks, but no, they're not beautiful vampires and thus not the object of my care.

As an addition:
    Go ahead, enjoy your generic new start positions in the next region with already tried and tested LL's and a generic set of buildings and roster. You'll be bored to death, hopefully in around ten minutes of playing it. As a vampire, I laugh at the threads requesting this new found boredom so funny, its hilarious.
    Modding, add Lord who have no voice what so ever, SO good.
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 15,480
    Lets stay on topic, shall we?
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -New Rules: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287645/new-forum-rules#latest
    -Rules FAQ: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287650/total-war-forum-faq#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
    Topic is about GS VS Empire DLC.

CA is not willing to do anything to bring those race back to business, why? Just look on Dwarf rework.

CA is like WG, same thing, same policy, same effects.

People are willing to buy dlc for this game, but CA wont do much, that why those reworks are borrowed or easy to made. Without cross DLC, forget about decent reworks, easy.

CA is greedy, and those rework just prove this. No cross DLC, noothing changes for Old world factions, that facts.
    edited March 2019
    Ares354 said:

Topic is about GS VS Empire DLC.

CA is not willing to do anything to bring those race back to business, why? Just look on Dwarf rework.

CA is like WG, same thing, same policy, same effects.

People are willing to buy dlc for this game, but CA wont do much, that why those reworks are borrowed or easy to made. Without cross DLC, forget about decent reworks, easy.

CA is greedy, and those rework just prove this. No cross DLC, noothing changes for Old world factions, that facts.

CA, are of the von Carstein bloodline, but shhh don't tell anyone. >:)

Fun aside:
    As for CA being greedy, nah. I don't think so, especially when they give freelc when they simply don't have to. It still costs them money to make that freelc regardless of how unappreciative some might be on here.

• FinishingLastFinishingLast Registered Users Posts: 4,746
    CA is greedy beause they won’t sell cross game DLC!!!..... that makes sense.
    SiWI: "no they just hate you and I don't blame them."

Because cross DLC to old world race take TIME to add NEW mechanic, that aint in game. Take time to work on this DLC to encourage owners of those race to BUY it,

With cross DLC you cant just make reskin or borrow of other faction mechanic. You have to work ON NEW one. And for that, they are too lazy.

Dwarfs didint get NEW mechanic, Am I wrong ?
    Dwarfs got a mechanic from the Tomb Buddies down south.

Vampire Counts, on the other hand, did get a new mechanic.

Both of which were done for free.

Also that Bretonnian update is likely to come with a new mechanic from the sound of it "bespoke" was the word I kept seeing come up? I wonder what that will be? Will it be a copy/paste of another race's mechanic?

And given that CA has made some nice new mechanics as part of regular DLC in the past, I don't see why cross game DLC would be any different if they did decide to do that.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -New Rules: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287645/new-forum-rules#latest
    -Rules FAQ: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287650/total-war-forum-faq#latest
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 22,396
    Slim and None comes to mind, frankly.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
    “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.

Ares354 said:

Because cross DLC to old world race take TIME to add NEW mechanic, that aint in game. Take time to work on this DLC to encourage owners of those race to BUY it,

With cross DLC you cant just make reskin or borrow of other faction mechanic. You have to work ON NEW one. And for that, they are too lazy.

To be fair, that's a bit of a shallow approach. The old world races are unique in what they are, and the new world have certain mechanics more relevant to them that really wouldn't mach up with old world races. Also, there's been a lot of non-vampire dlc over the years and I've bought it regardless of my own personal play style and factional tastes. I see it as its part of my hobby and I like all the lore, everything warhammer. Thus, its my way of showing continued support to the franchise.

The only thing the Dwarves really need is a mountain warfare traits that massively increases their defence, but lose it when they venture from them zones. Other than that, they have probably the highest AP in the game and heavily armoured with good ranged units. They also have the book of grudges mechanic which is unique to them that no other has. This alone is an excellent system that really reflects the Dwarves in lore and is a cash cow, and detriment if you don't play as their lore intended.

I mean seriously, what kind of mechanics are people expecting? I mean, the Empire, okey, an electorial system of sorts which would collapse pdq as factions die or go to civil war. But, the others? What and how, in your opinion, what do they need?

Lucifer said:

Lucifer said:

I'm not sure how that refutes my point.

Forum Terms & Conditions

Lucifer said:

Lucifer said:

I'm not sure how that refutes my point.
    That's okey, you have another two years to figure it out. >:)

I think Cross game DLC is both more likely, and more ambitious. 1 LP isn't as good as 2 LP's, 2 LP's targeting 3 races that really need it and the High Elves.

Though realistically a lot of Empire's problems can be solved with FLC. It's GS who need units more than anything.

Forum Terms & Conditions

Lucifer said:

Ares354 said:

To be fair, that's a bit of a shallow approach. The old world races are unique in what they are, and the new world have certain mechanics more relevant to them that really wouldn't mach up with old world races. Also, there's been a lot of non-vampire dlc over the years and I've bought it regardless of my own personal play style and factional tastes. I see it as its part of my hobby and I like all the lore, everything warhammer. Thus, its my way of showing continued support to the franchise.

The only thing the Dwarves really need is a mountain warfare traits that massively increases their defence, but lose it when they venture from them zones. Other than that, they have probably the highest AP in the game and heavily armoured with good ranged units. They also have the book of grudges mechanic which is unique to them that no other has. This alone is an excellent system that really reflects the Dwarves in lore and is a cash cow, and detriment if you don't play as their lore intended.

I mean seriously, what kind of mechanics are people expecting? I mean, the Empire, okey, an electorial system of sorts which would collapse pdq as factions die or go to civil war. But, the others? What and how, in your opinion, what do they need?
    How is Empire unique > ? Because I dont see it. WE mechanic hurt them more then help them. BM use GS mechanics. Only Norsca stand up. Bretonnia mechanic need fix, Green Knight summon dont change much in long run.

Dwarfs Book of grudges dont work like it should. Some Grudges should be old, and settling them should give you big bonuses, and as long you didnt do a thing, you get negative effects, non of which is in game.

Where is WE roots system? For example, why Bretonnia dont get virtues ?
    Mechanics aren't all about helping the factions that have them, they're about providing a different experience, though having some depth helps. Loyalty essentially only harmed factions, but now there are some bonuses for it too. Influence for the High Elves lets them recruit powerful lords... but without it you have to recruit weaker lords. Even Norsca has mechanics that limit them, like restricted settlement.

Wood Elves have mechanics that make them play uniquely, though they need tweaking.

Bretonnia mechanics need some tweaking too, but overall they've got some good things. The Green Knight can be helpful. Their economy requires unique handling, but it can be productive. They get walls at the third level in minor settlements regardless of if they have a garrison or not. Peasant economy is interesting and makes for some interesting choices. Hopefully they'll get something a bit better too.