Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Why can't you manage your setllements in CO-OP durning your friend turn?

Avarice10Avarice10 Posts: 9Registered Users
This is my CO-OP suggestion which I think should be a feature yesterday.
When you play CO-OP in order to manage your settlements you have to wait for your turn then have a small timer to do so.
It would save so much time if CA implements a queue system allowing both players to always be playing all the time without waiting, and any change you want to be done will take effect when your turn comes around.

Waiting for your turn shouldn't inhibit you from clicking on a settlement and making a building queue or military queue. The power of your turn should be to take action, such as diplomacy and military actions (moving armies/attacking)

The reason I want this desperately is there would be so much more synergy to the game and it would save so much time by allowing both players to manager their settlements on their friends turn, allowing them to focus on military and diplomatic responsibilities on their turn. Please make this change across all TW titles with CO-Op.........

Comments

• KayosivKayosiv Senior Member Posts: 2,617Registered Users
    That's how it worked in Shogun 2, and CA decided they didn't like good features and didn't apply it to Warhammer. I hope your suggestion comes back someday. 2 player campaigns are a lot of fun... when you actually get to play them and not just wait around.
    Space Frontier is a sci-fi themed board game I've designed for 2-4 players. Please take a look and enjoy our free Print-and-Play at FreezeDriedGames.com

If you have any questions about tactics or mechanics in Total War Warhammer multiplayer, feel free to PM me.
  • Avarice10Avarice10 Posts: 9Registered Users
    Kayosiv said:

That's how it worked in Shogun 2, and CA decided they didn't like good features and didn't apply it to Warhammer. I hope your suggestion comes back someday. 2 player campaigns are a lot of fun... when you actually get to play them and not just wait around.

I don't understand why they'd remove, the AI has always been lackluster, having a friend to play with or against helps feel the void that is a poor AI system. If the friends wanted too, they could command the AI army. It makes for a much richer experience, they should bring it back and improve on it, not only in Warhammer 3, but all Total war titles with co op, make the update for every total war...
  • KayosivKayosiv Senior Member Posts: 2,617Registered Users
    Shogun 2 was very hyper focused because it had every different faction have a nearly identical roster.

This allowed them to go incredibly wide with campaign and other features. The Shogun 2 campaign, to this day, is so much better designed the the Total War Warhammer campaign it is hilarious. Even 3 more years hasn't given CA enough time to catch up to the glory that is Shogun 2.

Why? Because instead of making 1 army with slright variations, they have to design 18+ armies with slight various. Warhammer is so ridiculously diverse and has so many new mechanics (magic, monsters, flyers, legendary lords) that they had to cut way way back on a lot of other stuff.

What has suffered is multi-player, sieges, navel combat, and the design of the campaign.

Was it worth it? Honestly I think yes. Warhammer is super fun and cool, but I do hope that before support for the trilogy ends, that we'll get all the features from previous games that had to be cut out.

I don't have much hope for naval battles or campaign improvements, but I REALLY hope sieges and multiplayer will get more love before the series ends. It would be so beneficial to the game in the long term for that to happen.
    Space Frontier is a sci-fi themed board game I've designed for 2-4 players. Please take a look and enjoy our free Print-and-Play at FreezeDriedGames.com

If you have any questions about tactics or mechanics in Total War Warhammer multiplayer, feel free to PM me.
  • AltarielAltariel Posts: 145Registered Users
    we really need it!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file