Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Horrible unit detail (shiny white unit LODs)

DarSkirataDarSkirata Posts: 1Registered Users
Hey everybody,

new to the forum, in need of help and advice for a technical issue. Unit LODs. Specifically, unit LODs in the campaign, in my case the FotS campaign, playing as Saga, even though that shouldn't matter much. When I encounter enemy units on the battlefield, they usually look like this close up, very nice detail and all:

as I scroll out a bit, their colors start fading out:

when I go to the usual camera height, all of them turn into little monochrome toy soldiers, shiny, glossy, bright white:

This was taken on a winter scenario. In summer they stand out even more and it looks absolutely abysmal. I have also noticed a similar issue with my own units. Being clan Saga, my color is a dark orange. Zooming in, units like the US Marinces have their nice blue coats, when I zoom out though, all of my army gets a dark orange tint.

I am running the game on 1440p, DX11, All settings ultra, everything checked except vsync and blood effects. My GPU is a brand new GTX 1070, latest driver installed.

Is there a fix for this? A setting, a mod, a config file I can manually adjust?