Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

How to avoid playing Quick Battles against certain players who abuse the game?

WojmirVonCarsteinWojmirVonCarstein Posts: 269Registered Users
I won't to avoid players who drop out (alt + F4?) when losing or who do rediculous all flying draw-kiting builds.

At first I just started to note down their names, but then I figured you can change your name at will so this is only semi-helpful because people might change names (although so far I have ran into one guy again who I did not want to play so obviously some people don't change that often)

Then I Iearned that you can somehow figure out the Steam account who you will be playing against. Obviously this would be great as it would allow you to just avoid people based on their steam name.

So, my question is, how do I figure out the steam name of who I am playing against, before the battle starts?

Comments

• Green0Green0 Posts: 3,535Registered Users
    edited April 1
    note down their name, there's only like 6-7 notorious cheesers/draw kiters currently active, most of them also don't change past nicknames so you can often figure out it's a draw kiter with a simple visit of the Steam profile. Other than that no easy way to figure it out, in my experience though getting abused is relatively rare if you avoid the "infamous ones".
  • WojmirVonCarsteinWojmirVonCarstein Posts: 269Registered Users
    When I am in army selection / build screen and I can see my opponents nickname, is it possible to somehow figure out the steam name of that person that I have been matched up with for QB?

Maybe I am a bit salty but I have ran into 2 cheese draw kiting builds (of which one I lost) in the past 5 games so I want to avoid playing these guys now.
  • Green0Green0 Posts: 3,535Registered Users
    if you click on the chat icon at the top left, then right/left click on your opponent's name in the chat window you will access his steam profile. There you can see past nicknames.
  • WojmirVonCarsteinWojmirVonCarstein Posts: 269Registered Users

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file