Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Achievements between WHI and WHII and Knights of Origo

MinotauroneMinotaurone Senior MemberPosts: 129Registered Users
edited April 3 in General Discussion
Hi, would be nice if i play (the master race) Beastmen in Mortal Empires in Warhammer II i got the achievements in Warhammer I since are the same campaign (just a different few mechanics). Is a bad idea ?

Another thing please, Knights of Origo in a land of Tombs Kings reminds me the Templars and crusaders in real life.

In the details reminds me the Fall of Acre.

"The Siege of Acre (also called the Fall of Acre) took place in 1291 and resulted in losing the Crusader-controlled city of Acre to the Mamluks. It is considered one of the most important battles of the period. Although the crusading movement continued for several more centuries, the capture of the city marked the end of further crusades to the Levant. When Acre fell, the Crusaders lost their last major stronghold of the Crusader Kingdom of Jerusalem. They still maintained a fortress at the northern city of Tartus (today in north-western Syria), engaged in some coastal raids, and attempted an incursion from the tiny island of Ruad, but when they lost that as well in 1302–3 in the Siege of Ruad, the Crusaders no longer controlled any part of the Holy Land."

(You know i was there in Medieval II when Pope send me to.......oh nevermind)

Just my personal though

Comments

• BaronRodneyBaronRodney Posts: 667Registered Users
    edited April 3
    As a dwarf player primarily I’d like the achievements to be across all three games too. Or if not just add new ones for each old world race in the same way they added an achievement after the game launched for an old world faction to win ME.

An achievement to kill Maleketh as Grombrindal.

An achievement to kill queek and skarsnik as Belegar.

An achievement to retake Karak Zorn, the lost hold.

And so on!
  • corvocorvo Junior Member SpainPosts: 3,018Registered Users
    edited April 3

Hi, would be nice if i play (the master race) Beastmen in Mortal Empires in Warhammer II i got the achievements in Warhammer I since are the same campaign (just a different few mechanics). Is a bad idea ?

Unfortunately, that's a no-no, since thats isn't how steam works, from the steam point of views, are different IPs with differents IDs and DB tables values, nothing that CA could change Im afraid.

Post edited by corvo on
    Team Skavens

"Brother Skavens! Consider this... Until the coming of Vermek Skab, the Council of Thirteen placed me in command of this army"
    - Grey Seer Thanquol, ruthlessly taking command of the Nuln Invasion force
  • _Mad_D0c__Mad_D0c_ Posts: 936Registered Users
    Crissgame achievements will not come or be possible. Even crossgame dlc are much much more likely.

While I thought with ME wil come a minimum of one achievement per old workd race, I was a little bit disappointed to get only win ME faction unbound.

I can undrstabd that not all faction could get their 10 achievements but 1 per faction even the old would be nice for game 3.
  • BaronRodneyBaronRodney Posts: 667Registered Users
    edited April 3
    corvo said:

Unfortunately, that's a no-no, since thats isn't how steam works, from the steam point of views, are different IPs with differents IDs and DB tables values, nothing that CAN could change Im afraid.

The tech limitations wouldn’t be a problem if they just re-issued the second game with some new achievements for game one factions. After all you can’t play ME in game 1 so there is no cross-communication required, all games are played through the second game client.

If only they had gone to the trouble of a few achievements for the old races to tie it all together... as is so often uttered as a prayer on these forums “perhaps after game3 they will add a lot more grand campaign support”!