Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

CA hilariously demonstrates their selective bias and tone deafness

ZelnikZelnik Posts: 376Registered Users
So let’s pause and look at this dlc.

The skaven got a ton of cool stuff including rattling gunners and jezzails but the sick truth is that they got two new units and everything else is a reskin.

The lizardmen army is not just a slap in the face, it’s a middle finger right in the face of the players while they rob you blind.

They have one new unit... that they scaled up to make an “ancient” version. They then reskinned a bunch of other units and called it a day. The 4chan poster was mostly right here. This lord pack is a bad joke. They even made up a new lord out of nowhere just to avoid giving us a troglodon.

CA, can I suggest you just give in and admit you hate the fans, hate the game and tell us you just want our money instead of our loyalty? Talk about spite and rage against your most popular game.

You add in salamanders, but not razordons, choosing instead to inflate a salamander and create a fake unit with the same skill as an early Warcraft 3 mod maker.

You add in tehenhuan, a fork tailed skink, but not the skink oracle, choosing to make a fake hq choice instead of making the Oracle... you just took the skink chief and made it an HQ.

Then there are the red crested skinks...with great weapons. Holy balls. There are no words.

Comments

• GamgeeGamgee Senior Member Posts: 1,746Registered Users
    4chan poster. Automatically flagged in my book and into the trash you go.
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Posts: 10,371Registered Users
    I'm baffled at the conclusion presented here.

Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • lucky_dutchlucky_dutch Posts: 181Registered Users
    Entitled much?

How is this any worse than the Queen and the Crone?

It's only £6, has units lords, campaign mechanics and as a bonus, a rework for a WH1 faction. I'd say its decent.

Did I get everything I wanted? No. Is it a "middle finger"? Haha, **** no.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Posts: 5,521Registered Users
    LM get from this DLC one new unit, Salamander and that's it. I like them but there is nothing more to this LP on their side. Remodels, remodels and remodels. 6 months for this filth. Disappointment.
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• DarkLordOfDarknessDarkLordOfDarkness Posts: 238Registered Users
    But we got most of expected stuff, right?
    At least that's how I see it, as a big improvement from QnC
  • DraxynnicDraxynnic Posts: 6,022Registered Users
    edited April 4
    I'm actually glad they didn't go with the Oracle bandwagon.

Oracles were never lords on the tabletop. They weren't even characters. They were a unit.

Meanwhile, Skink Chieftains and Priests are capable of leading armies both on tabletop rules and in fluff. By going with the Red Crested Skink Chief, they've essentially made a Skink Chieftain upgrade while providing good justification for why this particular Skink Chief is better than the rest.

The Lizardmen do seem as if they might have had less work put into them than the Skaven (although I'll wait until I see the units in action before I make that call) but I'm quite confident in saying they got a better deal than the High Elves, which got three archers.
  • ArsenicArsenic Posts: 4,705Registered Users
    Looks alright to me.

I won't be buying because I'm not a Lizardman or Skaven player, but looks like a nice selection of new stuff and mechanics for what I'd normally spend on two Raspberry and Pomegranate gins on a night out.
    "Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
  • AeneAene Posts: 82Registered Users
    edited April 4
    Strange. Easy the best LP so far if you ask me. Way way waaaaaaaay more content than I expected. *hype*
  • 39821739175248623982173917524862 Posts: 817Registered Users
    Business as usual for us Lizardmen fans. The Red crested skinks and Lord are a slap in the face. I hope at least they looked into making Slann more viable as Lord options since we're not getting a magic Lord anytime soon by the looks of it. Lizardmen didn't need another generic melee character.
    Draxynnic said:

Oracles were never lords on the tabletop. They weren't even characters. They were a unit.

Meanwhile, Skink Chieftains and Priests are capable of leading armies both on tabletop rules and in fluff. By going with the Red Crested Skink Chief, they've essentially made a Skink Chieftain upgrade while providing good justification for why this particular Skink Chief is better than the rest.

The Lizardmen do seem as if they might have had less work put into them than the Skaven (although I'll wait until I see the units in action before I make that call) but I'm quite confident in saying they got a better deal than the High Elves, which got three archers.

Lizardmen did not need another melee focused Lord. A Skink Oracle on a Troglodon as a support character with spells and skills that buff units is more needed than another melee character you can put on a big dino, while big dinos are still in a bad spot after the removal of cold blood healing and the nerfs they never got reverted thanks to the easy access to healing the whole faction had.

Draxynnic said:

Lizardmen did not need another melee focused Lord. A Skink Oracle on a Troglodon as a support character with spells and skills that buff units is more needed than another melee character you can put on a big dino, while big dinos are still in a bad spot after the removal of cold blood healing and the nerfs they never got reverted thanks to the easy access to healing the whole faction had.
    you say this as if LM don't have buff characters as well anyway....
    SiWI said:

Draxynnic said:

Slann are slow moving targets for the enemy to easily dive if you want to make use of their spells because it needs positioning. Require a rite and have a preset selection of skills, only 1 of which is a buff.
    That's about it. I'm talking Lord choices, an inclusion of a Skink Priest is a no brainer, because most of the time, a Saurus Oldblood is a far more viable choice as a lord.
    I would be even more disappointed if Slann don't get multiple lore versions like in MP in the campaign or Lizardmen still don't have access to lore of life.
  • FlyingWarPigWithPawsFlyingWarPigWithPaws Posts: 730Registered Users
    Troll post
    Ungrim is no longer homesick.
    edited April 4

SiWI said:

Draxynnic said:

Slann are slow moving targets for the enemy to easily dive if you want to make use of their spells because it needs positioning. Require a rite and have a preset selection of skills, only 1 of which is a buff.
    That's about it. I'm talking Lord choices, an inclusion of a Skink Priest is a no brainer, because most of the time, a Saurus Oldblood is a far more viable choice as a lord.
    I would be even more disappointed if Slann don't get multiple lore versions like in MP in the campaign or Lizardmen still don't have access to lore of life.
    you for reason i don't get, competently forgot the skink chief.

Which makes it 3 support chars for LM and 2 melee chars...

so, if anything the LM already have buff chars.

Also to act as if only because 2 lords are melee, both are the same is silly.
    Skill trees make a big difference in what a lord does or does not. Let alone the stats/abilities.

SiWI said:

Draxynnic said:

Also the fact that Slanns aren't perfect isn't necessary a reason for another support char.
  • ZehirutZehirut Posts: 43Registered Users
    edited April 4
    I do agree with the Oracle thing, if they were going to make an original Lord at least the Oracle had a more unique name and use even if it didn’t have its Troglodon, but well whatever at this point is not like it matters, at least I hope the red chief has a cool unique look next to the hero variant
  • DraxynnicDraxynnic Posts: 6,022Registered Users

Draxynnic said:

We don't know what support abilities the Red Crested Skink Chief will turn out to have, but I think it's a pretty safe bet that they're not going to be as strong one-on-one as an Oldblood, so they'll have to get something to compensate.

People on the Oracle bandwagon grossly exaggerated how much "support" they could really offer. The bandwagon was basically asking to take the Lizardmen equivalent of the Light College Apprentice and make it a Lord.
  • AIMA_DracklorAIMA_Dracklor Posts: 4,401Registered Users
    Haha honsstly just shup up 😂 you lost me with your first sentence when you said skven got 2 units 😂 all 3 are **** different its not even close

• AIMA_DracklorAIMA_Dracklor Posts: 4,401Registered Users

LM get from this DLC one new unit, Salamander and that's it. I like them but there is nothing more to this LP on their side. Remodels, remodels and remodels. 6 months for this filth. Disappointment.

Humm iwth you thinking Grim and the grave gave no new units, since all are remodels of humans and cavalry...

• BoombastekBoombastek Posts: 2,025Registered Users
    Draxynnic said:

Draxynnic said:

We don't know what support abilities the Red Crested Skink Chief will turn out to have, but I think it's a pretty safe bet that they're not going to be as strong one-on-one as an Oldblood, so they'll have to get something to compensate.

People on the Oracle bandwagon grossly exaggerated how much "support" they could really offer. The bandwagon was basically asking to take the Lizardmen equivalent of the Light College Apprentice and make it a Lord.
    But skink lord ride onto stegadon, so they are ok.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Posts: 6,966Registered Users
    In the name of the...

Gamgee said:

4chan poster. Automatically flagged in my book and into the trash you go.

Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • Xenos7Xenos7 Posts: 5,071Registered Users
    Not bad, not great. People really need to be more level-headed around here.
    Xenos7 said:

Not bad, not great. People really need to be more level-headed around here.

well I not necessary agree with the first sentence I do agree with the 2nd.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Posts: 5,521Registered Users

Humm iwth you thinking Grim and the grave gave no new units, since all are remodels of humans and cavalry...
    Please, check unit list from Grim and the Grave. I assure you there were new models. Also it was the first LP ever, not to mention not the one that was supposed to get more units.
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

Please, check unit list from Grim and the Grave. I assure you there were new models. Also it was the first LP ever, not to mention not the one that was supposed to get more units.
    not on the empire side, not to your standards.
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Posts: 10,152Registered Users

new models, actually new models in Grim and the Grave, from memory: Volkmars War Alter, a few of the weapons used by the empire, Mortis engine and Corpse Cart.
    Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN!"

CA hates the Empire confirmed. The FLC LL for the new Lord Pack is Gor-Rok. Meaning the Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. And no, moving Balthasar Gelt from Reikland, where he should be, DOES NOT COUNT. If they wanted a LL in the Southern Empire: Marius Leitdorf of Averland or maybe Elspeth von Draken in Nuln...

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him?

GHAL MARAZ IS THE WEAPON OF THE SETTING! YET SOME BRETONNIAN SWORD IS MORE POTENT?! BUFF GHAL MARAZ IN SIGMAR'S NAME!
  • AngradAngrad Posts: 21Registered Users
    edited April 4
    I don’t understand people saying that we haven’t gotten new units as flc.

The KHARIBDYSS and shadow walkers were added as flc around when the queen and the crone dlc launched. I would not be surprised if something like that happend again now for the Skaven and Lizardmen. Could easily get your razordon here.

Also Bone Giants were added some time after the Tomb Kings dlc.

I’m pretty happy with this update. Each loard has new campaign mechanics and the units seem interesting. Just because they share the same body as another unit it does not mean the unit isn’t unique in their roll on the battlefield. I’m especially intrigued by the ark of sotek bastilidon.

And those are just the units. Aside from that we have a bunch of new and interesting game mechanics which appear more in depth and fleshed out than other factions.

The dlc exceeded my expectations. And there is still more to come along with it.

Edit: Another note on the Bone Giants is that they were new models with their own unique effects (even being giants). So something similar with a Razordon shouldn’t be counted out.
    Angrad said:

The KHARIBDYSS and shadow walkers were added as flc around when the queen and the crone dlc launched. I would not be surprised if something like that happend again now for the Skaven and Lizardmen. Could easily get your razordon here.

I’m pretty happy with this update. Each loard has new campaign mechanics and the units seem interesting. Just because they share the same body as another unit it does not mean the unit isn’t unique in their roll on the battlefield. I’m especially intrigued by the ark of sotek bastilidon.

And those are just the units. Aside from that we have a bunch of new and interesting game mechanics which appear more in depth and fleshed out than other factions.

The dlc exceeded my expectations. And there is still more to come along with it.

Khardibyss and Bone giant are not exactly FLC, they still require you to own the DLC.
    Not to mention the hints about the Kharidbyss were in the QC store page at the announcement and was mismanaged by CA. Now it's also on the Store page of the QC and listed as a unit, it was by no means a FLC.
  • dversiondversion Member Posts: 83Registered Users
    Calm down, dude.
  • AngradAngrad Posts: 21Registered Users

Angrad said:

Khardibyss and Bone giant are not exactly FLC, they still require you to own the DLC.
    Not to mention the hints about the Kharidbyss were in the QC store page at the announcement and was mismanaged by CA. Now it's also on the Store page of the QC and listed as a unit, it was by no means a FLC.
    Well they still came after the fact and in the case of the bone giant there were not hints that I can remember. The bone giant was also a new model with its own effects just as the razordon would need. I’m not saying it’s going to happen, but it definitely has happend.