Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Gor-Rok is coming!

Tears_After_HateTears_After_Hate Registered Users Posts: 143
With Kroak and Itza the presence of Gor-Rok seems closer than we thought. :)

Then the quest to recruit Kroak as Hero seems perfectly made for Rok and for his telephatic skill.

Go, Great White Lizard!

Comments

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 28,975
    It was always likely to be my Vanilla brother.

Still, Kroak is available for all so I wouldn't call it a sure thing. Most likely as he's always been but no sure thing.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"Under construction" - Becky, daughter of Guanyin.

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name

• RockNRolla92RockNRolla92 Registered Users Posts: 2,068
    I'd almost suggest that Kroak being in means no Itza start as you'll have to do quests around capturing it to get it
  • YrellianYrellian Registered Users Posts: 1,856

I'd almost suggest that Kroak being in means no Itza start as you'll have to do quests around capturing it to get it

That's what I thought as well. In my eyes this makes Nakai and Albion more possible. I think everyone is going to see in it what they want, until we get a real reveal :smile:

His Royal Highness, Phoenix King Finubar!

"It has been too long since I drew a blade in anger, Tyrion. You have been my sword, and Teclis has been my shield. But now it is time I fought my own battles!"

I used to be crazycrix, then Epic happened and I became Dubinekdubajs, which I had to change again😀
  • WyvaxWyvax Registered Users Posts: 4,906

Possibly, or it could be similar to the TK Books of Nagash mechanic; everyone has to gather 5 except Arkhan who starts with one automatically so only needs to gather 4. If holding Itza is relevant for summoning Lord Kroak, then Gor-rok simply has one less thing on his to-do list.
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed, Shadow King
    Me when I see a LL character implemented as a LH.

Bring naval battles to Warhammer CA!

• FredenFreden Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 396
    Could just as well be Nakai starting in Itza, he is more attractive in terms of uniqueness being a Kroxigor. He defended Itza too during the Grat Catastrophe, went to sleep then awoke again during the rise of sotek which fits well with the new LP. He also fought and defeated Harkon who hangs around down there and has had some dealings with Clan Pestilence.

I hope we get him instead. Besides if you want to play as Gor-Rok i can recommend Mixu's Legendary Lords 2 mod. You simply do not launch Warhammer 2 without Mixu's Legendary Lords 2 & Mixu's Legendary Lords 1.
  • RockNRolla92RockNRolla92 Registered Users Posts: 2,068
    Freden said:

Could just as well be Nakai starting in Itza, he is more attractive in terms of uniqueness being a Kroxigor. He defended Itza too during the Grat Catastrophe, went to sleep then awoke again during the rise of sotek which fits well with the new LP. He also fought and defeated Harkon who hangs around down there and has had some dealings with Clan Pestilence.

I hope we get him instead. Besides if you want to play as Gor-Rok i can recommend Mixu's Legendary Lords 2 mod. You simply do not launch Warhammer 2 without Mixu's Legendary Lords 2 & Mixu's Legendary Lords 1.

I'd prefer a lizardmen legendary lord in a far off location tbh. If the Prophet is in Lustria it would be nice to get Nakai or someone in Albion.

Yeah Kroq Gar is in the Southland's but he starts in some kinda jungle like all the other lizard lords
  • NeoYasNeoYas Registered Users Posts: 885
    edited April 2019
    Gor-Rok is my prefered character as a FLC, then comes Tiktaq'to and something tells me It will be the latter.

• YrellianYrellian Registered Users Posts: 1,856
    Well I went through 6th edition army book and there are five characters, Mazda, Kroak, Tehenhauin, Kroq-gar and Nakai. My guts tell me that they will go with Nakai to finish this lovely quintuplet.

His Royal Highness, Phoenix King Finubar!

"It has been too long since I drew a blade in anger, Tyrion. You have been my sword, and Teclis has been my shield. But now it is time I fought my own battles!"

I used to be crazycrix, then Epic happened and I became Dubinekdubajs, which I had to change again😀
  • Arthas_MenethilArthas_Menethil Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,988
    edited April 2019
    crazycrix said:

Well I went through 6th edition army book and there are five characters, Mazda, Kroak, Tehenhauin, Kroq-gar and Nakai. My guts tell me that they will go with Nakai to finish this lovely quintuplet.

Went though the wrong book. 8th edition is the one to go though unless they ran out of characters (which they haven't).
    Post edited by Arthas_Menethil on
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

• SchubSchub Registered Users Posts: 754
    Mazdamundi = Slann
    Krog-Gar = Saurus
    Tehenhauin = Skink

sooo what would be more realistic
    Gor-Rok = Saurus (again)
    or
    Nakai = Kroxigor (new)
    Sigmar protect us all...

• Arthas_MenethilArthas_Menethil Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,988
    edited April 2019
    Schub said:

Mazdamundi = Magic
    Krog-Gar = Melee
    Tehenhauin = Hybrid Melee and Magic

Gor-Rok = Melee (again)
    or
    Nakai = Melee (again)
    or
    Oxyotl = Ranged (new)

Fixed that for you.
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

• John_KimbleJohn_Kimble Registered Users Posts: 1,149
    edited April 2019
    Been campaigning for Gor-Rok since forever, but at this point i'm actually less confident that we'll get him. What i always assumed (hoped for) was us getting Tehehauin as DLC leading Cult of Sotek faction starting somewhere that wasn't Itza, and Gor-Rok as the FLC leading the Itza faction alongside a unique mechanic tied to Kroak.

First of all, Kroak is now a FLC mechanic shared between ALL Lizardmen factions, it's not a unique mechanic tied to Itza.
    Second, it's looking VERY likely that Tehenhauin will start in Itza now (especially because Ikit got moved to Star Tower and their direct confrontation was the whole point of the trailer). From a lord standpoint, i'm not a big fan of replacing the Itza faction with the Cult of Sotek that would now claim ownership of essentially the LM capital city. Thematically speaking, though, it would really be an awesome and immersive start for him now. The start would have you go against, from the get go, both Skryre AND Pestilens, as well as Eshin. Very thematic and very appropriate for a Lord that is all-in on purging Lustria from vermin and sacrificing as many as he can to Sotek.

At this point, the recent addition of Albion to ME is very suspicious. I'm personally 100% against having a LL start in Albion. I would just hate the start. Seeing LM now taking over Norsca, or Ulthuan or popping randomly in the Empire/Bretonnia in the early game would really annoy me.
    I still really hope we get Gor-Rok and i REALLY hope he won't start in Albion...

I'd be ok if we got anybody else though. Just dont give me Nakai... Nakai starting in Albion would be my worst nightmare..
  • TWforumUN1989TWforumUN1989 Registered Users Posts: 221
    edited September 2019
    -
    Post edited by TWforumUN1989 on
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 10,626
    Whichever one it is I think CA is up to the task of making them fun to play with.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • TWforumUN1989TWforumUN1989 Registered Users Posts: 221
    edited April 2019
    ---
    Post edited by TWforumUN1989 on
  • BoombastekBoombastek Registered Users Posts: 2,122

No it stupid. Check starting position of Krok gar
  • ajharrisajharris Registered Users Posts: 18
    edited April 2019
    I wouldn't be surprised if it was that flying skink lord (I can't remember his name). Only because in terms of battle gameplay he would be completely different to all the others. I really don't mind either way as it's flc though.
  • SchubSchub Registered Users Posts: 754

Schub said:

Mazdamundi = Magic
    Krog-Gar = Melee
    Tehenhauin = Hybrid Melee and Magic

Gor-Rok = Melee (again)
    or
    Nakai = Melee (again)
    or
    Oxyotl = Ranged (new)

Fixed that for you.
    Also possible :smiley:
    Sigmar protect us all...

• CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 12,577
    I'm still standing by Tetto'eko, simply because the FLC update is called "Doomsayers".

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

Crossil said:

I'm still standing by Tetto'eko, simply because the FLC update is called "Doomsayers".

This dlc alredy filled with skinks.

Skink LL, skink generic lord, RCS, skink ride on riperdactyl, skink ride on EotG stegadon, skink ride on Ark of Sotek, skink tame salamander, skink tame Ancient salamander.

Whole face in skinks, more than enough of this.

Crossil said:

Skink LL, skink generic lord, RCS, skink ride on riperdactyl, skink ride on EotG stegadon, skink ride on Ark of Sotek, skink tame salamander, skink tame Ancient salamander.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

Crossil said:

On that topic, anyone else think that the update name "Doomsayers" isn't merely in reference to Ikkit's mechanics, but is actually a clever commentary on the community in these past few months?
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed, Shadow King

Wyvax said:

Crossil said:

On that topic, anyone else think that the update name "Doomsayers" isn't merely in reference to Ikkit's mechanics, but is actually a clever commentary on the community in these past few months?
    And the Aye Aye Patch was commenting on the saltiness after VP announcement?

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

Crossil said:

Crossil said:

You can start disappointing.
    Crossil said:

Wyvax said:

Crossil said:

And the Aye Aye Patch was commenting on the saltiness after VP announcement?
    I wouldn't put it past them.

• Trebor_twTrebor_tw Registered Users Posts: 599
    I'd rather Nakai. Althought Gorrok is huge, he's not a kroxigor. Starting location is more important to me though. Come on albion!
  • Tears_After_HateTears_After_Hate Registered Users Posts: 143
    Tumble said:

I'd rather Nakai. Althought Gorrok is huge, he's not a kroxigor. Starting location is more important to me though. Come on albion!

Didn't Gor-Rok lore says he is as big as a Kroxigor?

Sorry for my bad english.
  • ScreamimgEnvyScreamimgEnvy Registered Users Posts: 692
    I hope for the White Hulk of the Lizardmen, too.
    Itza is a 10 slots city. Someone should be put there and Gor-Rok is from Itza.
    Team Monogods - #JusticeForTzeentch

• davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,930

Tumble said:

Didn't Gor-Rok lore says he is as big as a Kroxigor?

Sorry for my bad english.
    I believe so but Nikai is also ancient so he's a lot bigger than a normal Krox
  • alex33alex33 Registered Users Posts: 1,263
    Crossil said:

Hmmm yes thats sounds about right.

Nakai could be very interessting but he didn't have any rules ever or am I wrong? And I don't think CA ever did a Ruleless character from any 8th edition armybook lord.

I personaly would prefer Gor-Rok. I just like him he's like a Lizardmen Terminator