Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Gor-Rok keeps getting closer and closer!

ScreamimgEnvyScreamimgEnvy Registered Users Posts: 912
Tehenhauin' start position is "Culchan Plains".
Now we have an empty Itza, a 10-slots city, and Gor-Rok is the best option for a FLC right now since he's from Itza.

This makes me happy like a little Skaven during his first betrayal. Yes Yes!
Team Monogods - #JusticeForTzeentch

Tagged:

Comments

• Neodeinos#5871Neodeinos#5871 Registered Users Posts: 15,603
    Remember that you have access to Kroak through a quest so you might need to take Itza so I doubt they'd put a lord starting there.

• ScreamimgEnvyScreamimgEnvy Registered Users Posts: 912
    neodeinos said:

Remember that you have access to Kroak through a quest so you might need to take Itza so I doubt they'd put a lord starting there.

Kroak is a recruitable LH. He doesn't have a faction to fight against.
    Team Monogods - #JusticeForTzeentch

neodeinos said:

Kroak is a recruitable LH. He doesn't have a faction to fight against.
    That's not my point. My point is they wouldn't put a lord here if you need to take Itza to have Kroak, that would give a pretty huge advantage, besides it's already quite a crowded place and they added Albion for a reason and let's be honest, it's not for an Albion faction.

• #28957#28957 Registered Users Posts: 2,641
    neodeinos said:

That would be impossible for Last Defenders.
    Now I am known as "numbers".
  • Arthas_MenethilArthas_Menethil Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,334
    neodeinos said:

Except one thing you have missed. The Distance for the other two Lizardmen factions like Krog-Gar whose on the eastern edge of the Southlands.
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

neodeinos said:

Except one thing you have missed. The Distance for the other two Lizardmen factions like Krog-Gar whose on the eastern edge of the Southlands.
    Still. Let's not get excited for nothing and then **** on CA because "meh we dont have gor rok".

• DraculasaurusDraculasaurus Registered Users Posts: 4,771
    I'm a little skeptical. Tehenhauin isn't starting in Itza but he is starting very close to Itza. It's a natural place for him to expand to. That would be a little awkward if there's another LM LL right there.

It also goes against CA's trend of putting at least one LL for each faction in a far-flung location, outside their normal homeland and often in a different climate.
    neodeinos said:

neodeinos said:

Still. Let's not get excited for nothing and then **** on CA because "meh we dont have gor rok".
    Issue is Itza was given a 10 slot settlement where only racial capitals got that like Khemri, Altdorf and etc.
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

• John_KimbleJohn_Kimble Registered Users Posts: 1,523
    neodeinos said:

You really think thay they would have you fight against and kill fellow Lizardmen of the Itza faction so you could get Kroak? Yea, no..
    Also, say hi to Kroq Gar who's on other side of the world.

It's probably going to be a quest battle, like a defensive siege of Itza or something.
  • Jam#4399Jam#4399 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,067
    What if it's TictacTo or Nakai?
  • BoombastekBoombastek Registered Users Posts: 2,141

I'm a little skeptical. Tehenhauin isn't starting in Itza but he is starting very close to Itza. It's a natural place for him to expand to. That would be a little awkward if there's another LM LL right there.

It also goes against CA's trend of putting at least one LL for each faction in a far-flung location, outside their normal homeland and often in a different climate.

You are forget other point too. Tehenhauin start in province of other LM faction. But 2 LM AI will clear lustria from anyone.

neodeinos said:

neodeinos said:

Issue is Itza was given a 10 slot settlement where only racial capitals got that like Khemri, Altdorf and etc.
    Mirragliano has 10 slots.

jamreal18 said:

Nakai is too far back really. So only when Vampire Counts get a Wight King lord.
    neodeinos said:

neodeinos said:

neodeinos said:

Mirragliano has 10 slots.
    Yeah the racial capital of the Southern Realms... Literally the place the Dogs of War book is focused on.

• Ariel#4992Ariel#4992 Registered Users Posts: 2,368
    jamreal18 said:

Than I would be pleased :smile: I am sorry, but I do not see the appeal of Gor-rok, he is just a white saurus with scars on his face :neutral:

The final rose has faded,
    The eaves will sing no more;
    The waxen ground will keep you bound,
    Death-pale until the thaw.
    Then she placed the rest of Orion's ashes into the bowl and turned to face the Oak of Ages.
    I used to go by many names here. Crazycrix, Dubinekdubajs, Yrellian and finally Ariel, one of my favourite characters in the setting. Still waiting for Finubar and Naieth!
    crazycrix said:

jamreal18 said:

Than I would be pleased :smile: I am sorry, but I do not see the appeal of Gor-rok, he is just a white saurus with scars on his face :neutral:
    And Nakai is a just a lesser Gor-Rok and Krog-Gar it would play the same them.

edited April 2019
    Whatever, IF we don't have Gor Rok I'm sure people are going to be shitt*ng all over the place because they didn't have something they got excited over nothing.

crazycrix said:

jamreal18 said:

Actually he's a Kroxigor so that makes him much more interesting than Gor Rok from a design perspective.

crazycrix said:

jamreal18 said:

Well I have to disagree on that, Nakai is with the lizardman from the start, Gor-rok appeared out of nowhere in 8th edition and that's it.

Then she placed the rest of Orion's ashes into the bowl and turned to face the Oak of Ages.
    I used to go by many names here. Crazycrix, Dubinekdubajs, Yrellian and finally Ariel, one of my favourite characters in the setting. Still waiting for Finubar and Naieth!
  • urbanmechurbanmech Registered Users Posts: 1,239
    crazycrix said:

crazycrix said:

jamreal18 said:

Well I have to disagree on that, Nakai is with the lizardman from the start, Gor-rok appeared out of nowhere in 8th edition and that's it.
    7th Edition actually, not just 8th.

crazycrix said:

crazycrix said:

jamreal18 said:

7th Edition actually, not just 8th.
    Yeah you right, my mistake :smile:

neodeinos said:

Whatever, IF we don't have Gor Rok I'm sure people are going to be shitt*ng all over the place because they didn't have something they got excited over nothing.

crazycrix said:

jamreal18 said:

Actually he's a Kroxigor so that makes him much more interesting than Gor Rok from a design perspective.
    It's a Kroxigar that doesn't do as much damage as Krog-Gar and isn't as Tanky as Gor-Rok so from a design perspective it's just another melee lord which the Lizardmen already have with Krog-Gar and opens up to the skinks who have a ranged character and a flying one.

neodeinos said:

crazycrix said:

jamreal18 said:

It's a Kroxigar that doesn't do as much damage as Krog-Gar and isn't as Tanky as Gor-Rok so from a design perspective it's just another melee lord which the Lizardmen already have with Krog-Gar and opens up to the skinks who have a ranged character and a flying one.
    When I'm talking about design I'm not talking about damage or tankyness, Christ. As he is a Krox he can buff them and you could have an army focused on them which makes him more interesting than Kroq 2.0 in the design.

crazycrix said:

crazycrix said:

jamreal18 said:

Nakai only got rules in the 6th edition outside of the army book then they added Gor-Rok in the next edition.

crazycrix said:

crazycrix said:

jamreal18 said:

Nakai only got rules in the 6th edition outside of the army book then they added Gor-Rok in the next edition.
    Well at least one thing is certain, this arguing is gonna end soon. I think we all have our preferences and we are not gonna presuade the other side to change their view point. Let CA deside.

• FossowayFossoway Registered Users Posts: 5,332
    Nothing is confirmed yet, so don't get your hopes too high. I wouldn't be surprised if the FLC lord is Nakai or Tetto'eko in Albion, at this point.

crazycrix said:

crazycrix said:

jamreal18 said:

And CA isn't doing everything based on rules.

• FossowayFossoway Registered Users Posts: 5,332
    neodeinos said:

crazycrix said:

crazycrix said:

jamreal18 said:

This. Remember, Tretch Craventail got in. If HE made it, anyone can, no matter how obscure.

And let's be frank, Gor-Rok would bring nothing new. He's just another melee lord. There are better options, imho.
    Fossoway said:

neodeinos said:

crazycrix said:

crazycrix said:

jamreal18 said:

This. Remember, Tretch Craventail got in. If HE made it, anyone can, no matter how obscure.

And let's be frank, Gor-Rok would bring nothing new. He's just another melee lord. There are better options, imho.
    Tretch is in the Skavens latest edition his own rule for running away was implemented so it isn't comparable to Nakai who got rules from the 6th edition because Tretch isn't obscure if he's in the latest army book of his race.

But lets also be frank Gor-Rok and Nakai are both another melee lord with Skinks providing the options that's not just more melee or more magic.

Fossoway said:

neodeinos said:

crazycrix said:

crazycrix said:

jamreal18 said:

Tretch is in the Skavens latest edition his own rule for running away was implemented so it isn't comparable to Nakai who got rules from the 6th edition because Tretch isn't obscure if he's in the latest army book of his race.

But lets also be frank Gor-Rok and Nakai are both another melee lord with Skinks providing the options that's not just more melee or more magic.
    And how about Ghorst, when he came out no one freakin' knew who the hell he was. And that guy over there is right, Gor rok would bring nothing new while Nakai could.

edited April 2019
    neodeinos said:

Fossoway said:

neodeinos said:

crazycrix said:

crazycrix said:

jamreal18 said:

And how about Ghorst, when he came out no one freakin' knew who the hell he was. And that guy over there is right, Gor rok would bring nothing new while Nakai could.
    Ghorst is from the 8TH EDITION campaign supplement Sigmars Blood as that entire DLC is based off Sigmars Blood from units to RoR.
    edit: You'll also find people who dislike that they based the DLC on Sigmars Blood because the RoR isn't as good as stuff like Nuln Ironsides and the Carroburg Greatsword.

neodeinos said:

Fossoway said:

neodeinos said:

crazycrix said:

crazycrix said:

jamreal18 said:

Ghorst is from the 8TH EDITION campaign supplement Sigmars Blood as that entire DLC is based off Sigmars Blood from units to RoR.
    edit: You'll also find people who dislike that they based the DLC on Sigmars Blood because the RoR isn't as good as stuff like Nuln Ironsides and the Carroburg Greatsword.

Yeah so he's very minor and has no rules.