Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Will "Legendary Lord reworks" be the "Race reworks" of Game 3?

GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 3,623
Whoo, second thread of the day, I'm on a roll! I mentioned this on another thread but I have wanted to do one on this anyway, so here I go!

With the increasing quality of LLs, with LP LLs getting special mechanics for the campaign I, as the title indicates, wonder whether once the game 1 faction reworks are done we will see CA's updating shift from factions to LL. I mean even the core LLs of game 2 seem to pale in comparison to the ones being added now in terms of campaign flavour.

We also have no idea what the cores of game 3 will be like, especially with the increased development time, they may each have unique mechanics just like current LLs. Tbh, the quality of faction implemenation has been great - especially with factions like TKs - I wonder how CA would go the extra mile on that to step up game 3, so perhaps they will be endeavoring to make the LLs more unique from one another to do that, which would especially make sense for Daemons.

If game 3's LLs are more unique (in terms of campaign mechanics) from the start, or even the same, as the LLs we are getting from LPs I see the call to update old LLs to be the successor to the call to update old races.

Comments

• Michael4537Michael4537 Registered Users Posts: 2,183
    It would be nice. Seeing what Clan Skyre's getting makes me wish there was something like a Plague Kitchen for Clan Pestilence. Or some sort of Stormvermin-selling mechanic for Clan Rictus.

Or Mazdamundi could have some really awesome mechanics relating to rebuilding the geomantic web. Unique campaign mechanics for LLs would really spice up the campaign, make it more enjoyable, and add replayability.
  • GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 3,623

It would be nice. Seeing what Clan Skyre's getting makes me wish there was something like a Plague Kitchen for Clan Pestilence. Or some sort of Stormvermin-selling mechanic for Clan Rictus.

Or Mazdamundi could have some really awesome mechanics relating to rebuilding the geomantic web. Unique campaign mechanics for LLs would really spice up the campaign, make it more enjoyable, and add replayability.

Those would be great. Franz could perhaps have a "Empire Unity" thing in a similar vain to Alarielle. Hopefully the Empire overhaul will give some form of "Elector Count" mechanic that would go with that well

Ungrim could maybe have a "Slayers duty", where his faction recieves temporary buffs for personally killing large targets.

Mentioned on another thread, maybe (since it would be game 3) Morathi could get limited access to a Slaaneshi unit or 2 a bit like the VC can get limited crossbowmen, maybe in some way bound to spreading corruption or something.

Ah, there is so much potential!
  • baronblackbaronblack Registered Users Posts: 3,202
    Drunk Flamingo mod about Imperial Politics is the peak of what CA should aim too.
    Considering Bretonnia will have Confederation Dilemma, a simlar approach for the Empire is not bad at all.
    Especially, a day-to-day running politics of the Empire trough events is not only fit for them, but also worth if we get other Elector Counts in the far future.
  • GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 3,623
    edited April 2019

Drunk Flamingo mod about Imperial Politics is the peak of what CA should aim too.
    Considering Bretonnia will have Confederation Dilemma, a simlar approach for the Empire is not bad at all.
    Especially, a day-to-day running politics of the Empire trough events is not only fit for them, but also worth if we get other Elector Counts in the far future.

Well we already have the foundation for Lietdorf set by Harkon. Considering Skaven Undr-Empire taking from Coves too maybe Vampire Coast was an attempt to prototype possible FLC mechanics for other factions and make some money from it :lol: