Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Poisoned Wind Mortar Teams

ZaonZaon Posts: 4Registered Users
I gotta say im really thrilled about the new Under-Empire mechanic and the upcomig DLC at all, what's really disappointing is the fact that were missing the Poisoned Wind Mortar Team. I really enjoy TW:WH and since it's released i was waiting for the Skaven Army. It's especially awful considering Vampire Coasts were not only released before the Skaven had its DLC come out, they got the Sniper Team AND the Mortar Team and i see no reasonable explanation to why thats the case.
Now the DLC is focused on Skryre but even the "Skryre Roster" is still incomplete altough there are more than enough models for Mortar Teams.

Comments

• ptavangarptavangar Posts: 1,146Registered Users
    They purposely created the death globe bombardier unit to replace them unfortunately. Trying to ssave money.
  • ZaonZaon Posts: 4Registered Users
    Well the Death Globe Bombardiers are an actual tabletop unit in 7th edition so theres no reason to not have them in the game and to leave out the Poison Wind Mortar or even a unit to replace it to begin with...
    It feels just lazy and i see no point as to why not add them, considering its especially easy as there already are so many Mortar models.
    Hopefully CA will shove them in afterwards like they did with the Bonegiant (altough we're still missing his meele variant aswell)
  • ptavangarptavangar Posts: 1,146Registered Users
    Their model isn't at all similar to the mortar models we have in game. It is very different. Plus, the animations are a bit more complex and it is a weapons team so there's that added layer of complexity as well. I'm not defending CA here. Just saying that it is a little more of an expensive unit to make compared to a typical mortar unit. That's why it isn't in the game. I think it should be though.
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 20,092Registered Users
    ptavangar said:

They purposely created the death globe bombardier unit to replace them unfortunately. Trying to ssave money.

Death Globe Bombardiers actually function just like the Globadiers worked on the TT, it's the unit actually called "Globadiers" that has a wildly different role, so this is wrong.

• ZaonZaon Posts: 4Registered Users
    ptavangar said:

. Plus, the animations are a bit more complex and it is a weapons team.

As far as the model goes im with you, but we already got the animation in a smaller variant with the Globardiers. Its a Poison Cloud thrown in an Arc so basically all they have to do is incease its impact range and the cloud to Mortar-size.
    Also i dont see it becoming more complex just because they are a Weapons Team as the other Mortar units come with 2-3 Models to field them (just like every other Artillery piece), its as if the Dwarfs doesnt get their Grudge Thrower because "we already have Miners with Blasting Charges".
    A mid-ranged Infantry unit cant ever replace a piece of Field Artillery...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file