Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

What's up with the Heartbeat?

GCRustGCRust Posts: 604Registered Users
I've been playing Medieval II for a bit now, and one thing that I've noticed is every so often certain factions get a heartbeat sound effect during their turns. What's the significance of it?

Comments

• CapricornianGoatCapricornianGoat Junior Member Posts: 38Registered Users
    There is an enemy spy in the city. If in one of yours, try training agents like spies and assassins in that city. When you can fill only 19 slots and the 20th you train sits outside of the city then there is an enemy spy.

Sometimes your spy will catch that hidden enemy spy (i think). But It just goes away on its own after a few turns.

-Bat
  • ConjurerDragonConjurerDragon Posts: 8Registered Users
    Do only own spies help in that? Or do watchtowers and other buildings help finding enemy spies too, like in MTW 1?
  • CapricornianGoatCapricornianGoat Junior Member Posts: 38Registered Users
    Not sure about the watchtowers. I have not paid much attention to other things a watchtower can do aside from increasing the line of sight and clearing the fog of war in the area. And I have not seen any enemy spy on an area close to a watchtower.

I did noticed that sometimes (mostly generals) when you move them out of a city, an enemy spy also gets kicked out.

-Bat