Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Crash to windows - Mortal Empires - No mods - Vamp Counts turn 149

zadriezadrie Posts: 2Registered Users
v1.5.1 Build

No mods installed

Significant campaign map stuttering when one of my lords is moved, heroes and AI lords unaffected. Campaign map stuttering has not occurred in other campaigns I have played to date.

Game crash 1: occurred near the end of an ambush battle with Helman Ghorst whilst trying to overcast an Invocation of Nehek on most of my army.

Game crash 2: occurred while moving Mannfred von Carstein south near Praag on the campaign map.

Other crashes have occurred but I believe these two are the ones I have crash reports for.

Solutions attempted:

Checking for Windows updates

Reinstalled Nvidia drivers - attempted to return to Nvidia driver 399.24 - when that did not fix the issue I reinstalled the current driver 425.31

Additionally to make sure my computer was not having any performance issues I cleaned my PC to make sure that the in/out, CPU, and PSU fans were not causing thermal issues as my I7-8700k is cooled by a darkrock Pro 4

Checked UEFI OC setting and stress tested my CPU using Aida64 to make sure that I had full system stability and ran other games to make sure that I was not experiencing graphical issues. Witcher 3, Dungeons 3, Yooka-Laylee, MTG Arena, and Starcraft 2 were used to make sure that I was not having performance issues with other games.

Current save file on turn 149 - Saves on turns 144 and 139 included if needed.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• zadriezadrie Posts: 2Registered Users
    I have also tried lowering the graphics settings down to low and the problem persisted. I have tried doing a fresh reinstall of warhammer 2 and I just had a crash while opening up diplomacy with Kroq'Gar. Many of these crashes including this one are not generating a crash report for some reason.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file