Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Cao Cao's playthrough stream for those who is interested

takilung31takilung31 Posts: 1,226Registered Users

They were originally playing Yuan Shao, after an incident they play as Cao Cao

Skip to 08.37

Comments

• Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Posts: 1,824Registered Users
    Apart from the many crashes everyone had, I thought the game looked great. Really got me excited for it.

Seriously though, I get that "being angry" is the TwoAngryGamers' "thing", but really, they look like they really couldn't give a flying ****, and were more frustrated and confused with the game than anything. Just hitting buttons and moving **** around to kill time.
  • VirantoViranto Junior Member Posts: 433Registered Users
    Crashes are not that big problem for me. Every round one autosave and it's okay. I hope they fix that without a new delay. But i think i can play with it.
    Viranto said:

Crashes are not that big problem for me. Every round one autosave and it's okay. I hope they fix that without a new delay. But i think i can play with it.

Yeah, it's not a problem for us, but what people who might not know much about the game or haven't been following it? They watch a 2 hour stream and the game crashes 3 times in 20 minutes, all they think is "Well, this game is clearly broken as ****, I'm not getting this".
  • takilung31takilung31 Posts: 1,226Registered Users
    edited April 14

Yeah, it's not a problem for us, but what people who might not know much about the game or haven't been following it? They watch a 2 hour stream and the game crashes 3 times in 20 minutes, all they think is "Well, this game is clearly broken as ****, I'm not getting this".

Yeah, that must be fixed before launch, it would have a negative impact on reviews if that still happens. In fact even critics like AngryJoe whos looking forward to the game will give the game a 4 out of 10, and that is going to seriously impact the sales.

Luckily CA went smart this time and know the game needed a delay to polish things up

• MagicElmoMagicElmo Posts: 75Registered Users
    Unfortunately the guys are a bit unwatchble for me.
    Not my cup of tea, but thanks for the link.

I did see some parts of it and so far I'm really liking of what I see from 3K.
    Also, very interesting little tidbit I spotted in this stream; Xiahou Dun has both of his eyes as the start of the campaign. Whereas in other gameplay footage we've seen (The E3 Gameplay Reveal and Cao Cao trailer) he has his eyepatch.
    I can't remember which stream it was, but I did see that characters can receive a trait called "one-eyed" or something after battles. I wouldn't be surprised if characters who became "one-eyed" actually had an eye-patch added to their portrait and model to reflect this, which would be a wonderful little touch.
  • poljananpoljanan Posts: 224Registered Users
    Tiger and Leopard cavalry were pretty brutal. Shame we didnt get a clear shot of their models.

• LESAMALESAMA Member Posts: 1,010Registered Users

Also, very interesting little tidbit I spotted in this stream; Xiahou Dun has both of his eyes as the start of the campaign. Whereas in other gameplay footage we've seen (The E3 Gameplay Reveal and Cao Cao trailer) he has his eyepatch.
    I can't remember which stream it was, but I did see that characters can receive a trait called "one-eyed" or something after battles. I wouldn't be surprised if characters who became "one-eyed" actually had an eye-patch added to their portrait and model to reflect this, which would be a wonderful little touch.

Yeah noticed it too but unfortunately in non of the play throughs so far characters with the one-eyed trait received an eye patch.
  • 19930423LDr19930423LDr Posts: 162Registered Users
    Very disappointed one-eyed doesn't give the char an actual eye patch. Immersion breaking.
  • KrunchKrunch Junior Member Posts: 3,595Registered Users
    Yeah there bozos are too much, I can't watch them.
  • MindBlownMindBlown Member Posts: 82Registered Users
    Krunch said:

yeah I agree, I couldn't watch more then a few minutes. Just random clicking, not paying attention, cow jokes about cao cao? etc.

But maybe that's just their thing since I don't really know this two guys.
    edited April 15
    Does anyone else find it a bit... suspicious that all the streamers were told to play either Yuan Shao or Zheng Jiang? The TwoAngryGamers only played Cao Cao because they were told some of the other characters might be unstable. But the game is like 5 weeks away from release, so surely the game should be stable enough at this stage that you could play character without issues, right?
    It seems a bit funky to me.
  • JacquestheApostateJacquestheApostate Senior Member Posts: 619Registered Users
    I am hoping everything works the way it supposed to be after two date changes for release. No excuses at this point!
    3 Kingdoms is a great game campaign wise. Make ranked battles in Records mode. Until that is done it won't be complete.
    Gun Cav in Shogun II should have a Retainer!
    Give us another Avatar Campaign!
  • poljananpoljanan Posts: 224Registered Users

Does anyone else find it a bit... suspicious that all the streamers were told to play either Yuan Shao or Zheng Jiang? The TwoAngryGamers only played Cao Cao because they were told some of the other characters might be unstable. But the game is like 5 weeks away from release, so surely the game should be stable enough at this stage that you could play character without issues, right?
    It seems a bit funky to me.

I honestly doubt that. The amount of times the game crashed was very worrying. Expect another delay or at best a day 1 patch.
  • YaafmYaafm Posts: 1,275Registered Users
    No way they would delay a third time, I think that would push many people to far. They would lose what little hype they had left.

The streamers did seem impressed by what they saw mostly, but again they wont say its trash when they are allowed to play an early copy.
  • VirantoViranto Junior Member Posts: 433Registered Users
    Yes a third delay would be very bad and give them more bad reviews than good. I think such a problem can be solved in 5 weeks. It's a lot time for working 8h every day except weekend.
  • takilung31takilung31 Posts: 1,226Registered Users
    poljanan said:

I honestly doubt that. The amount of times the game crashed was very worrying. Expect another delay or at best a day 1 patch.

Someone mention that before Warhammer 2 launches it was crashing as well, it was fixed on the Launch date. I believe CA can do the same

Let's believe in them

Krunch said:

Indeed super annoying to watch. Same as the Yuan Shao stream from the two ca members. They kept on making poor Jokes instead of actually playing the game.

I liked lionheart the most while he was actually playing the game and it seemed quite challenging.
  • YaafmYaafm Posts: 1,275Registered Users
    I loved near the end of Lionhearts how Cao Cao, with a huge nation, vassalized under Yuan Shu, who was smaller, in what seemed a tricky move so he wouldn't be attacked. As Lionheart was at peace with Yuan Shu, he couldn't finish off the weak stack.

I might of gone to war myself just to kill off the bastard but I had forgotten the second army.

I wish I could of kept watching, that was a heroic stabilization.
    Yaafm said:

I loved near the end of Lionhearts how Cao Cao, with a huge nation, vassalized under Yuan Shu, who was smaller, in what seemed a tricky move so he wouldn't be attacked. As Lionheart was at peace with Yuan Shu, he couldn't finish off the weak stack.

I might of gone to war myself just to kill off the bastard but I had forgotten the second army.

I wish I could of kept watching, that was a heroic stabilization.

Yeah would have been fun to see how far lionheart could have come. He was in a tough situation for a while.