Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

I'd like it if Vampire Coast didn't occupy so much.

Nitros14Nitros14 Junior MemberPosts: 1,462Registered Users
I mean, they're Pirates right? Shouldn't they be sacking and moving on?

It results in large areas not occupied by who you'd think they'd be occupied by and a lot of corruption everywhere.

Comments

• SakuraHeinzSakuraHeinz Junior Member Posts: 1,754Registered Users
    There is also a problem with their autoresolve, its extremely hard for the AI to take settlements back from them.

I have seen Clan Angrund couldnt even take a minor settlement from them with 11 dwarfwarriors and a grudge thrower.
  • blaatblaat Junior Member Posts: 2,841Registered Users
    edited April 15
    if you are willing to take a mod to solve this

there is one called curtailing vampire coast occupation

snip

It's much easier and more fun to get engrossed in lore that takes itself seriously and tries to make sense within its own frame of reference.

the reason I prefer LOTR over warhammer fantasy and 40k

I am dutch so if you like to have a talk in dutch shoot me a PM :)
  • NemoxNemox Posts: 2,457Registered Users
    There is a mod that curtails their occupation's to Ports only.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1700909876 - this one I believe. I haven't used it myself, so you might need to check out the comments or ask others how stable it is.
  • eomateomat Junior Member Posts: 505Registered Users
    They should at most only be able to take ports only. Otherwise they are just Landlubbers.
  • kevManiackevManiac Posts: 345Registered Users
    Wouldn't we all... There are many, many threads about "VCoast should only be able to occupy coastal settlements", "VCoast autoresolve is broken", and "VCoast should only have 1 settlement, and raid everything elss like real Pirates". So you are not the only one having concerns about VCoast.

Let's see what happens when the patch notes drop, for I think VCoast will get a massive nerf, campaign wise. Although thematically, I agree. Pirates shouldn't have a huge empire, but a one-city like empire...
  • HoneyBunHoneyBun Senior Member Posts: 4,039Registered Users
    I think they'll fix the AR issues in the patch notes - they must be aware of it ...

They are making an FPS. Who knew a company could have a mid-life crisis ...

• GettoGeckoGettoGecko Posts: 669Registered Users
    kevManiac said:

Wouldn't we all... There are many, many threads about "VCoast should only be able to occupy coastal settlements", "VCoast autoresolve is broken", and "VCoast should only have 1 settlement, and raid everything elss like real Pirates". So you are not the only one having concerns about VCoast.

Let's see what happens when the patch notes drop, for I think VCoast will get a massive nerf, campaign wise. Although thematically, I agree. Pirates shouldn't have a huge empire, but a one-city like empire...

You also see in the longer threads that they don't occupy as much as it is always claimed. They aren't able to expand that much because they only have one army and are overwhelmed late game by AI LL, once they lost their LL they normally don't rerecruit it until the lord of their one army is killed which weakens them a lot.
    They are extremly strong in the early game but are stopped in the mid game and weak in the endgame.
    You will never see a VP dominate late game, like the blue and green tides did in warhammer one or like Malekith and Tyrion did in the early stages of game two.
  • MiniaArMiniaAr Posts: 322Registered Users
    What the mod does:

"To do this, I've restricted the occupational options gifted to these factions to be similar to Norsca. These four factions are now only allowed to settle in coastal provinces (any settlement, both minor and major, that has a port building chain), Eastern and Western Sylvania, and the major faction capitals (Altdorf, The Galleon's Graveyard, Hellpit, Hexoatl, Karak Drazh, Karak-Eight-Peaks, Karaz-a-Karak, Khemri, Lothern, Miragliano, Naggarond, Sartosa, and Skavenblight)."

It makes no sens why it's not a base game restriction already. And the mod isn't even that conservative (Karaz-a-Karak owned by Vampirates....)
  • GettoGeckoGettoGecko Posts: 669Registered Users
    MiniaAr said:

What the mod does:

"To do this, I've restricted the occupational options gifted to these factions to be similar to Norsca. These four factions are now only allowed to settle in coastal provinces (any settlement, both minor and major, that has a port building chain), Eastern and Western Sylvania, and the major faction capitals (Altdorf, The Galleon's Graveyard, Hellpit, Hexoatl, Karak Drazh, Karak-Eight-Peaks, Karaz-a-Karak, Khemri, Lothern, Miragliano, Naggarond, Sartosa, and Skavenblight)."

It makes no sens why it's not a base game restriction already. And the mod isn't even that conservative (Karaz-a-Karak owned by Vampirates....)

It's not that the mod isn't "that conservative" it is because the parameters for norsca settlements allow capitals, thats the reason not because the modder want it that way.
    And it completely destroys the way the VP economy works, you could also mod them out of the game if you don't like them that much.
  • BoombastekBoombastek Posts: 822Registered Users
    edited April 15
    Nitros14 said:

It results in large areas not occupied by who you'd think they'd be occupied by and a lot of corruption everywhere.

What pirates? Who said they are pirates?

Race named Vampire coast. They are vampire, 0 Word about pirate.

Lets limit Vampire count to Silvania only. It would be same.
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Posts: 2,768Registered Users
    They certainly bright up the BM campaign. Plus I enjoy the fight against them as Mazda.
  • Nitros14Nitros14 Junior Member Posts: 1,462Registered Users
    edited April 15

Nitros14 said:

You're telling me Vampire Coast aren't pirates with a straight face? Do we want to go here?
  • GoatforceGoatforce Posts: 1,793Registered Users
    They seem similar to the WE when they were first implemented, I remember the true Green Tide that put the GSto shame!

Hopefully they will tweak the AI to make them more focussed on raiding (like their making WE isolationist), as suggested, as well as fix AR for them this patch.
  • GoatforceGoatforce Posts: 1,793Registered Users

Nitros14 said:

Except their entire lore is built around piracy. In fact the faction was pretty much introduced to TT as a rip off of Pirates of the Carribean.

Don't think anyone is suggesting they should just stay in their region, but they seem to pretty consistantly be forging massive empires. They should focus on raiding and pillaging if at all possible.
  • AmonkhetAmonkhet Posts: 734Registered Users
    edited April 15
    Nitros14 said:

Norsca has a mechanic that allows it to interact with inner cities beyond the coast, so thats ok. I can't see the same happening to Vampire Coast as they don't have a similar mechanic.

Limiting them to Coastal settlements is a massive massive nerf expecially with the cataclysmic power jump that the new DLC has given other factions. We'd need a pretty strong mechanic to compensate this for why they can't capture certain cities (Norsca's rewards are insane)
    edited April 15
    Goatforce said:

Nitros14 said:

Except their entire lore is built around piracy. In fact the faction was pretty much introduced to TT as a rip off of Pirates of the Carribean.

Don't think anyone is suggesting they should just stay in their region, but they seem to pretty consistantly be forging massive empires. They should focus on raiding and pillaging if at all possible.
    Which lore? Noctilus and Harkon's lore in Dreadfleet and White Dwarf/Novels is that both wish to found empires. While they engage in piracy and that they came from the Sea, they aren't confined to it. Harkon killed the Norscans who opened his sarcophagus on the boat he was traveling on, crashed the boat on lustria, and then set about empire-forming.

They are definitely pirates appearing from the sea, attacking, conquering...as well as using Syreens to lure sailors to crash on rocks, to drown them and to provide more recruits. Its just Corpses they steal more than gold.
  • Xenos7Xenos7 Posts: 4,368Registered Users

Nitros14 said:

Lol.

"Vampire Coast are a faction of undead pirates who ply the coastline of Lustria in search of plunder."

https://totalwarwarhammer.gamepedia.com/Vampire_Coast
    I mean, you could argue Cylostra isn't going to form an Empire...maybe? But Aranessa in the lore for game has been told by Manann to 'take back the sea' thats going to require an Empire. Noctilus's entire lore is to found a massive empire through the use of the Dreadfleet, and Harkon himself is specifically wanting to carve out an Empire in Lustria.
    Goatforce said:

Nitros14 said:

Who said that race must focus on something? CA stuff ain't said it. CA stuff ain't doing this.

So who said vampire must focus on raiding?
    Xenos7 said:

Nitros14 said:

Lol.

"Vampire Coast are a faction of undead pirates who ply the coastline of Lustria in search of plunder."

Alredy fixed this ****

You can check page

Vampire Coast are a faction of undead who ply the coastline of Lustria in search of plunder
  • SteppelordSteppelord Junior Member Posts: 1,930Registered Users

Xenos7 said:

Nitros14 said:

Lol.

Alredy fixed this ****

You can check page

Vampire Coast are a faction of undead who ply the coastline of Lustria in search of plunder
    Lol but the page literlly says"this is an article about the race of undead pirates"
  • Xenos7Xenos7 Posts: 4,368Registered Users

Xenos7 said:

Nitros14 said:

Lol.

Alredy fixed this ****

You can check page

Lol, did you actually change the wiki? I'm outta here.
  • SteppelordSteppelord Junior Member Posts: 1,930Registered Users
    And this is why CA should have called them the zombie pirates rather than vampire coast.
  • harngersteinharngerstein Posts: 777Registered Users

And this is why CA should have called them the zombie pirates rather than vampire coast.

Well in pretty much every form of media for the Curse of the Vampire Coast they refer to them as Zombie Pirates. I think some people are afraid that label will justify CA nerfing their empire-building tendencies. I hope they're right
  • TotalBorehammerTotalBorehammer Posts: 710Registered Users

Nitros14 said:

This is officially the stupidest post I have ever seen on the forums. Congrats for setting a new benchmark. :cold_sweat:
    CA have a Facebook page... use the comments section of their posts and express your thoughts on ME poor quality/delays etc https://www.facebook.com/CreativeAssembly/ :)
  • BereaverBereaver Posts: 296Registered Users
    edited April 15

Why? CA's intent was to have a bunch of vampires who decided to go unorthodox and seek their power on the high seas. After achieving this power by plundering and raiding and raising dead of the sea, what should these vampires do? Go back on land and show these landlubbers who is the real Von Carstein/Blood Dragon is of course!

Vampires of WHFB are ambition incarnate, they would never be content with just raiding the coasts till the End Times come.

Xenos7 said:

Nitros14 said:

Lol.

Alredy fixed this ****

You can check page

Lol but the page literlly says"this is an article about the race of undead pirates"
    Yeah thx to remind.

Fixed now.
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Posts: 5,893Registered Users
    HoneyBun said:

I think they'll fix the AR issues in the patch notes - they must be aware of it ...

You give them too much credit... AR has been broken since day 1 of WH2.

Thats not accurate to the lore though, the army is called Pirates of the Vampire Coast.

Xenos7 said:

Nitros14 said:

Lol.

Alredy fixed this ****

You can check page

They are literally pirates in lore, in TT and in their White Dwarf article...