Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

If It's Only Lord Packs From Here On Out, I Hope We Get a Couple of FLC Lords for the Campaign Packs

DraculasaurusDraculasaurus Registered Users Posts: 4,694
edited April 2019 in General Discussion
As the title says. Assuming we'd get two lord packs that would give all the WHII core factions a full five LLs. I'd like to see the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast brought up to par. Rahmhotep and Mundvard the Cruel would be good choices as relatively cheap LLs.

Comments

• HisShadowBGHisShadowBG Registered Users Posts: 3,007
    Vampire Coast already have a few too many LLs than they should

Why you google translate my signaturre?
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,449

allow me to rephrase this:
    "All other races already have too few LL's then they should".
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • HisShadowBGHisShadowBG Registered Users Posts: 3,007
    edited April 2019
    SiWI said:

allow me to rephrase this:
    "All other races already have too few LL's then they should".
    That works too I guess, :))

Why you google translate my signaturre?
  • CaesarSahlertzCaesarSahlertz Registered Users Posts: 4,813
    I'd rather that they couple a few of the WH1 races LL in with the next LPs. Even if they won't feature on the Vortex map (or be playable for people that only own game 2).
  • VirantoViranto Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 455
    You can't never have too much LL. It's always better then any generic faction lord.
  • ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 6,190
    The only thing that bothers me about this "Lord Packs only!" thing is that very few of the remaining LL's strike me as rivalry/theme related. Are they perhaps going to ease up on that?

For example the only Dark Elf LL left who I can think of is Malus Darkblade, who isn't famed for any great rivalry with the remaining High Elf LL's (Imrik, Eltharion, at a long shot Aislinn and Finubar), never mind Skaven or Lizardmen.

You'd be stretching it a bit with "The Prince and the Possessed" for an Imrik vs Malus LP..
    "Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
  • AIMA_DracklorAIMA_Dracklor Registered Users Posts: 4,467
    actually there is only lord packs for wh2 left :)

• Theo91Theo91 Registered Users Posts: 2,129
    I really hope ca don’t add flc lords for TKs or vampirates. They are very well represented for minor factions. Vampirates are one ethereal lord too well represented

BM or norsca flc lord would be fine
  • AmonkhetAmonkhet Registered Users Posts: 4,304
    Theo91 said:

I really hope ca don’t add flc lords for TKs or vampirates. They are very well represented for minor factions. Vampirates are one ethereal lord too well represented

Tomb King's isn't a minor faction; its same scale as High Elves and Dark Elves. Factions less than four or five LLs are incomplete
  • RockNRolla92RockNRolla92 Registered Users Posts: 1,758
    Theo91 said:

You realise Tomb Kings are a major faction and Norsca are a minor faction right ?

In that note, I don't feel the need for more tomb ming legendary lords tbh and they are really well represented units wise but they could really do with another generic lord type.
    Tomb Kings only have two Legendary Lords left that could realistically be added. Prince Apophas and Ramohtep the Visionary. Lich High Priests could come as a Lord option; but they don't lack any units.

Theo91 said:

You realise Tomb Kings are a major faction and Norsca are a minor faction right ?

I wasn’t trying to suggest that norsca was a bigger faction than tomb kings. What I meant, perhaps incorrectly, was that both norsca and tomb kings are relatively small factions and on that note neither should have more than 4 LL. however as norsca only have 2, they are due another whereas imo TKs are not.

The reason I included BM in this is, like TK, norsca and vampirates, they were part of a new race dlc which is what the op refers to
    Theo91 said:

Theo91 said:

I wasn’t trying to suggest that norsca was a bigger faction than tomb kings. What I meant, perhaps incorrectly, was that both norsca and tomb kings are relatively small factions and on that note neither should have more than 4 LL. however as norsca only have 2, they are due another whereas imo TKs are not.

The reason I included BM in this is, like TK, norsca and vampirates, they were part of a new race dlc which is what the op refers to
    I think what we need to find out; is does CA consider the faction complete when it has 4 or 5 LL? Which depends on if they consider Vlad and Isabella part of Vampire Counts. If its four, most factions are complete. If its five, then quite a lot can be added.
  • PetromirPetromir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,156
    Some LLs to bring the below 4 LL races up to a minimum strength seems a good plan.

WE (2)
    Brett (3)
    Empire (3)
    BM (3)
    Chaos (3)

and Norsca (2) (Though less bothered about them as they are relatively minor).

Assuming the Lord packs are game 2 races, that leaves the above mentioned game 1 races even further behind.

Whether these upcoming game 2 LL packs are the time they would come however...
    Petromir said:

Some LLs to bring the below 4 LL races up to a minimum strength seems a good plan.

WE (2)
    Brett (3)
    Empire (3)
    BM (3)
    Chaos (3)

Assuming the Lord packs are game 2 races, that leaves the above mentioned game 1 races even further behind.

This could be great. Chaos/Norsca/Beastmen I don't think will get anything till Game Three though since that game is gonna be super-chaos focused.
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,461
    "Vampire Coast brought up to par" has to be the most hilarious statement I've read on the forums in a very long time.

I literally have no words for the shock I'm currently feeling at that comment.
    81jt2dj75iky.png

Kia Kaha and C'est La Vie Kiwi123, neodeinos and FungusHound, the mighty Troll Slayers.
  • RikisRikis Registered Users Posts: 1,305
    I would hope that they concentrate on factions that has less then 4 LL at the moment, the exception being the Vamp Counts as a starting location far from the old world would be fun for a 4rth start pos although they could just move Ghorst or whatever and leave Nefarata for a possible 3rd game LL. This is hoping that with the recent patch they are no longer dominant so a new start pos wont cause problems.

Buuut with that being said, if they did add new LL for the current game 2 campaign packs already in, prince Apophas sure looks like one interesting fellow. Really cool looking lord if you ask me as a wraith made of scarabs.

As for the Vamp Coast... an actual vampire would be desirable. Just to change it up a bit, a vampire Gunnery captain obsessed with cannons and gunpowder, with the same abilities as a gunnery wight and would run around with a deck cannon. Instead of mounts he'd get bigger and bigger cannons so similar to Khatep he'd be an artillery LL. One thing that I would like about him is if he'd start with no settlement at all, just his ship and a few already established coves. Whatever settlement he settles/conquers first becomes his capital.

Or just throw Vangheist in there or whatever.
    reanimated Jago Roth would be a perfect fifth LL and solidify the canon ending. He'd be a Zombie LL. We'd then have 2 Vampires, a Mutant, a Ghost and a Zombie!
    I think it’s different for each faction. The arbitrary 4 LL makes no sense to me.

I would have been much happier if vampirates had 3 LL (no cloystra) and skaven got an extra one in throt or thanquol

Skaven need way more than 4 LL whereas some like norsca or vampirates don’t even need a 4th
    edited April 2019
    Losing Cylostra would mean no dedicated Magic caster for an Undead faction which doesn't gel well; also means they not really a campain pack then.
    Theo91 said:

I think it’s different for each faction. The arbitrary 4 LL makes no sense to me.

I would have been much happier if vampirates had 3 LL (no cloystra) and skaven got an extra one in throt or thanquol

Skaven need way more than 4 LL whereas some like norsca or vampirates don’t even need a 4th

Its likely different; though odd how they handled Game 2.
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 10,395
    edited April 2019
    I don't care what people think of which race is minor and which is not. I want them all on par with each other because they have all been given a role to play and they should all be playable and vivid in the game, rather than squandered because some people don't like them or want to keep them down.

That's what you need to create a vibrant world in itself.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• PLHenryPLHenry Registered Users Posts: 1,406
    I still think its a shame that they didn't pick the undead skaven from Dreadfleet instead of either of the two ladies in the zombie pirates dlc. His pirates ride around in a massive undead fish, and it would've allowed them to add a few skaven units to his list to make it a little unique.

And I say that as someone who finds Skaven utterly dull.
    Crossil said:

I don't care what people think of which race is minor and which is not. I want them all on par with each other because they have all been given a role to play and they should all be playable and vivid in the game, rather than squandered because some people don't like them or want to keep them down.

That's what you need to create a vibrant world in itself.

Games workshop have created these races, and some have more content than others. Greenskins have a huge roster, Wood elves have a smaller roster.

I agree that CA’s job is to make them work in the total war world but that doesn’t mean creating arbitrary rules. Skaven and Greenskins can be a huge, insidious presence all over the map whereas some factions, eg norsca can be isolated to where they are thematically linked to
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,016
    Arsenic said:

The only thing that bothers me about this "Lord Packs only!" thing is that very few of the remaining LL's strike me as rivalry/theme related. Are they perhaps going to ease up on that?

For example the only Dark Elf LL left who I can think of is Malus Darkblade, who isn't famed for any great rivalry with the remaining High Elf LL's (Imrik, Eltharion, at a long shot Aislinn and Finubar), never mind Skaven or Lizardmen.

You'd be stretching it a bit with "The Prince and the Possessed" for an Imrik vs Malus LP..

As far as I know there was no rivalry between Nukit and Tehenhauin. They are already easing it up.
    animacja-sygn-3.gif

• PLHenryPLHenry Registered Users Posts: 1,406

Arsenic said:

As far as I know there was no rivalry between Nukit and Tehenhauin. They are already easing it up.
    The theme is science vs religion. So they can find different ways to create rivalries. For example, I think Rakarth the Beastlord vs Markus Wulfhart would be an interesting match up. One tames monsters, the other kills them.
    PaulH said:

Arsenic said:

The theme is science vs religion. So they can find different ways to create rivalries. For example, I think Rakarth the Beastlord vs Markus Wulfhart would be an interesting match up. One tames monsters, the other kills them.
    Yes but that's a made up rivalry not one based in the lore. Sure, I don't mind if they come up with their own themes but it is alrady eased.
    animacja-sygn-3.gif

• FungusHoundFungusHound Registered Users Posts: 4,745
    Petromir said:

WE (2)
    Brett (3)
    Empire (3)
    BM (3)
    Chaos (3)

Ok what if we got:

WE - Ariel and the Sisters of Twilight
    Brett - Bohemian Beastslayer
    Empire- Marius Leitdorf
    BM- Taurox the Brass Bull
    Chaos- HARRY THE HAMMERER. Or Bel'akor
  • MiniaArMiniaAr Registered Users Posts: 747

Petromir said:

WE (2)
    Brett (3)
    Empire (3)
    BM (3)
    Chaos (3)

Ok what if we got:

WE - Ariel and the Sisters of Twilight
    Brett - Bohemian Beastslayer
    Empire- Marius Leitdorf
    BM- Taurox the Brass Bull
    Chaos- HARRY THE HAMMERER. Or Bel'akor
    WE: What about Drycha? I think there were "champion-dryads" in the TT, and she could bring them in the game as a special unit for her. Just like Shadow walkers are a special Alith Anar unit.

Brettonia: It's Bohemond not Bohemian, but yeah, he's a good candidate. An alternative is Mallobeaude as a disgraced LL for Brett, allied with the Red Duke and getting a couple of units like Black Grail Knights. It would be fun to get a Brettonian civil war under way to spice things up.

Empire: Playable Boris & Marius, as well as a revamp of the Empire including some Electoral politics! Also a rework of the Imperial offices is in order: instead of a Generic lord, the Reiksmarschal should be Kurt "Moustache" Helborg ffs.

BM: exactly that one. Also Doombull Lord on foot to build Monstrous BM factions.

Norsca: Lord Mortkin would be a perfect third Norscan lord. Also, Fimrach Noble could (should?) be a generic second Lord choice for Norsca. I love those full Monstruous factions, is that obvious?

Dwarfs: We're missing a southern Dwarf Lord, Thorek Ironbrow. He could start in Karak Azul and be tasked by the King of the Hold (Kazador) to get revenge on Gorfang Rotgut.

Greenskins: Speaking of Gorfang, why not have him start in K8P instead of the Goblin Mutineers. In lore, I think he stroke a deal with Skarsnik to provide him with Orc soldiers in exchange for a piece of K8P. This would make more sense to have Gorfang betraying Skarsnik while he was away to take control of the hold, and be the target of the three way race for there. It would be fun (imo) to play such a defensive campaign with 3 LLs intent on having you deader than dead.
    Also, Azagh of course should move to the North.

High Elves: Prince Imrik is an obvious LP choice. I think a LP "The Prince and the Tyrant" against Malus Darkblade writes itself. The rivalry only has to make sense, not be something already in the lore. Ikkit Claw and Tennhuain had no interactions but the W&P is really good thematically.
    Eltharion could be another FLC Lord and complete the HE LL setup nicely.

Dark Elves: Malus is the obvious LP choice. No real obvious FLC choice, but there are some available. As CA said FLC lord can be less known characters so this is fine.

Lizardmen: Gor Roq starting in Itza makes a lot of sense. Tetto'Eko could also come. Both could be either FLC or DLC. Personnally, I like Nakai better as a summonable Legendary Hero like Lord Kroak instead of leading armies.

Skavens: Thanquol is probably going to be FLC (TWW2's own White Dwarf, released as some part of CA-GW marketing campaign). Throt the unclean is the obvious DLC lord, with mostly missing Moulder units. Also please CA, the VERMINLORD. Albeit it could wait for game 3, if you pinky swear!
    MiniaAr said:

High Elves: Prince Imrik is an obvious LP choice. I think a LP "The Prince and the Tyrant" against Malus Darkblade writes itself. The rivalry only has to make sense, not be something already in the lore. Ikkit Claw and Tennhuain had no interactions but the W&P is really good thematically.
    Eltharion could be another FLC Lord and complete the HE LL setup nicely.

Sir Mister you bear such a succulent taste for proper introductions. We can't allow our Prince to wait!
    animacja-sygn-3.gif