Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The Prophet & The Warlock Master Feedback Thread

Comments

• Alaric_IronaxeAlaric_Ironaxe Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 568
    edited April 2019
    Vhaegrant said:

mnhorst said:

I downloaded the 4gb patch/dlc then steam went insane and downloaded the entire game again all 12.gb. Made a 10 min thing into at least an hour +.

I had the 3.7gb patch download and install to 100%, then it seamed to stop all activity. I hit the play button and it started to install the 3.7gb from scratch.

[Edit: correct that, steam has decided to install whole game again.
    I've never had the beta sign up activated]
    Yeah I'm having a similar issue, the download got to 100%, now it seems to be indicating it's downloaded 0 of the 3.7gb patch, and it's stuck on pre-allocating for several minutes with no disk or network usage happening. What a mess, tried several things and have no idea what the fix is.

Edit: Same correction, for some reason steam thinks the entire 30+ gigs of the game need to be downloaded. What fun, hope this issue is fixed for others.
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 25,183
    edited April 2019
    Loralon said:

Mods seem to be broken. When I launch a savegame with mods the game crashes and cannot get mods to work on a new campaign.

I do not have the DLC (yet).

Ugh, since at least Shogun2 people should have learned to never start campaigns on a new patch with any mods on. Really guys, that should have sunken in by now.

• PatriksevePatrikseve Member Registered Users Posts: 1,834
    edited April 2019
    I have no issues so far, both game and dlc downloaded smoothly, just wanted to say that I really enjoy playing with the new LL:s and I think its a great so far. Hopefully the Empire ruins bugg gets fixed soon the other minor issues. :)
    Loralon said:

Mods seem to be broken. When I launch a savegame with mods the game crashes and cannot get mods to work on a new campaign.

Yes the game patches regardless unless you turn that off in the settings in steam library for the game, so mods wont work untill they are uppdated. Thats always the case since game 1 or its standard for any game for that matter that you modd. Either rollback a version or wait for mods to uppdate. If you want to play you can disable mods for now and when they uppdate reenable. I put my Durthu in hold due to this and started an Ikit campaign (Dlc LL) in Vortex.

• karge068karge068 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,294
    The_baron said:

All the Empire minor settlements look like a green ruin , I believe this is a bug - though with CA who knows :/

Probably they gonna fix it in about 5 months or so in the next patch

This will be hotfixed, surely...
  • TayvarTayvar Registered Users Posts: 12,063
    Fossoway said:

I really like the Cult of Sotek's new yellow colour, but Tehenhauin himself seems a bit out of place. Would it be possible to add some slight yellow warpaint on him so that he'll look like he belongs with his own faction?

The colors of the Legendary Lords are the official colors from Games Workshop.
  • AmonkhetAmonkhet Registered Users Posts: 2,472
    The patch 'breaks the game' because changes are being made to the game itself on a large scale, its inevitable its going to affect things.

Anyway, feedback, the Workshop for ikit has a faint green line that flickers above the bar at the bottom.
  • LoralonLoralon Registered Users Posts: 6

Loralon said:

Loralon said:

Loralon said:

Ugh, since at least Shogun2 people should have learned to never start campaigns on a new patch with any mods on. Really guys, that should have sunken in by now.
    It's called investigating further into the problem than simply taking the issue at face value of the first problem you notice. It's part of the skillset called critical thinking and problem solving.

If the vanilla game was worth playing without them, it would be less of an issue.
    Also, if every patch didn't break the game ,would also be less of an issue.
    No, it's ignoring that giant warning that CA implemented because of people like you who need to play on every new patch with dozens of unupgraded mods on which is bound to lead to issues.

And it was still not enough. Next you know it'll come with blaring warning klaxons and bright lights.
    Upgraded or not, none of them are working for anyone except for a small few one at a time.

Please, don't let the universality of the issue stop your condescension, though.
    It's because of people like you that real issues often fall by the wayside and that makes me mad. Mod incompatibility is solely on the modders to solve, not CA.
    Lots of modded games get updates without breaking them. It's obviously possible and something that CA can and should work on improving. The vast majority of players use at least a few cosmetic mods, and the inability to update the game without breaking even those is honestly a bit sad when one examines other companies who do the same thing so much more successfully.
  • LoralonLoralon Registered Users Posts: 6
    Tayvar said:

Loralon said:

Loralon said:

It's called investigating further into the problem than simply taking the issue at face value of the first problem you notice. It's part of the skillset called critical thinking and problem solving.

If the vanilla game was worth playing without them, it would be less of an issue.
    The vanilla game is worth playing without mods, but you can wait for the mods to get updated.
    Even up-to-date mods are broken right now.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 19,838
    Side conversation removed. Feedback thread for the latest release, not a debate around for trowing verbal insults to or about each other.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • TayvarTayvar Registered Users Posts: 12,063
    edited April 2019
    Loralon said:

Tayvar said:

Loralon said:

Loralon said:

The vanilla game is worth playing without mods, but you can wait for the mods to get updated.
    Even up-to-date mods are broken right now.
    CA are not the mod developers, the mod is broken because it was not updated properly.
  • joproulx99joproulx99 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 648
    High Elf RoR Scion of Mathlann models have the wrong graphics for the leg parts. Still...they have the torso diffuse file on top of the leg part instead of their leg diffuse file. (the file that decide the armor graphic of a model part, in this case the legs)

Your unit artist will fix that in like 5 min if you report them exactly that! Thx!
    "Fear me mortals, for I am the Anointed, the favored Son of Chaos, the Scourge of the World. The armies of the gods rally behind me, and it is by my will and by my sword that your weakling nations shall fall."

~ Archaon, Lord of the End Times
  • ValkaarValkaar Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,127
    When/how is the Quest for Kroak supposed to trigger?

IIRC during one of the Let's Plays, they said it starts when you first get a Lord to rank 8? However, I've gotten to rank 10 now and still no quest.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 8,620
    Valkaar said:

When/how is the Quest for Kroak supposed to trigger?

IIRC during one of the Let's Plays, they said it starts when you first get a Lord to rank 8? However, I've gotten to rank 10 now and still no quest.

Lvl 15 my friend. It was level 15 during Wheels Tiki- Taka Let’s Play.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • baronblackbaronblack Registered Users Posts: 3,218
    Please, I had to report this before,

Change the diplomatic status for the Massif Orcal orcs. Because they curbstomp Reikland trough Helmgart. Idk what Parravon was doing at the time, but the simple fact that I wiped out Zint as a settlement of the Orcs just made hellish results for the Empire.
    Or make Helmgart the Axe Bite Pass "Phoenix gate" style, which would be more appropriate.
    Or give the Orcal to another orc faction. As for now, destroying Zint just help Skarsnik in wiping out Reikland thanks to his fellas over the Grey mountains.
  • hendo1592hendo1592 Registered Users Posts: 1,719
    I really like how the new Dlc LM army (tehenhauin army) has a very unique color scheme. It really stands out and I think makes it look better especially when other Lizardmen armies are on the field (friend or foe) . I hope CA decides to make the other playable LM factions stand out as well to better differentiate among other LM forces (not just different color warpaint). I’m also hoping that CA makes the color scheme of the larger units look different between each playable LM.
  • LevettyLevetty Registered Users Posts: 50
    Please can you revert the changes to the Vow system for Bretonnia or uncouple it from the upkeep of units. I'm not exactly sure the reasoning behind stopping the cavalry faction from properly being able to field cavalry but its really hurting them in campaign. Recruiting a Lord, filling the army with low tier units and then desperately trying to fulfil these vow requirements (more based on luck if you are even in a position where you can do so) isn't particularly fun or engaging. At best it just slows down the campaign's pace while you do busy work instead of actual Total War things or at worst it means you are constantly losing settlements because you can't get an army to respond to a threat in time.
  • NyxilisNyxilis Registered Users Posts: 3,720
    First game I've ever had Marienburg survive for long. It's still there, putzin about.
  • Red11sgbRed11sgb Registered Users Posts: 162
    Fossoway said:

I really like the Cult of Sotek's new yellow colour, but Tehenhauin himself seems a bit out of place. Would it be possible to add some slight yellow warpaint on him so that he'll look like he belongs with his own faction?

As for bugs, I've noticed that the still porthole is bugged for the lizardmen: they appear too dark, without the normal colours of the faction (I've experienced this with Tlaqua and the Cult of Sotek).

Another one is that the Red Crested Skink Chief does not share the yellow texture of the Cult of Sotek in custom battles (he just looks like a normal blue skink). The heroes are yellow as intended, however.

I'll respectfully disagree, I think the yellow looks really silly. And I think Tehenhauin look s cool haha.
  • NavyjokerNavyjoker Registered Users Posts: 3
    I was trying the new DLC today with Tehenhauin and I notice that my keyboard lights on the keys don’t work. However, I started up a Settra campaign to test them and they lit right up in the light blue coordinating with Settra as designed. I also tried Kroq-Gar and Mundi and they light up in the coordinating dark blue and orange as designed.
    Just wondering if CA may have over looked the color profile or internal code (I’m not sure) for the new DLC lords. All settings in keyboard are same as before DLC was downloaded so I don’t think it is a keyboard software issue.
  • apollyonbobapollyonbob Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 12
    I've got a weird loyalty dilemma I'm playing Ikit Claw, I've got another Warlord general, and whenever I would get a Loyalty Dilemma, I instead get 2 Dilemmas back to back.

It does appear that the results of both dilemmas is functional.

I'm not sure what information would help here.
  • ihq47ihq47 Registered Users Posts: 66
    Seems like Venris, the guy overseeing the popular SFO: Grimhammer II mod, can't get any of the mods working in either the new or the old launcher, and thus can't start working on the update. Since many of us enjoy Grimhammer, I hope you address this issue ASAP.
  • Godefroy_de_BouillonGodefroy_de_Bouillon Registered Users Posts: 2,479
    I think this new vow system could be actually very fun, if the bonuses for getting one would be worth it.

Pls give them campagin bonuses Bretonnia curently lacks: for Questing vow: add +5% replenishment rate.

Grail vow + 5% replenishment rate +2 recruitment rank to all units.

None of their blue skill tree has something that gives them bonuses to recruitment rank ( only bonuses have knights via chivarly system).

I think that given the fact that getting those vows are a lot of trouble, giving them really meaningful campaign buffs bret lacks also replenishment rate bonuses and recruitment rank bonus for all units (or even just for peasants, cos we all know that grail knight will always attract some rubble of filthy peasants) would be actually really beneficial.

Questig vow for Knight Lord is just laughable +5 AP dmg, it's not even 1% of AP dmg for a Lord.
    edited April 2019
    I think this new vow system could be actually very fun, if the bonuses for getting one would be worth it.

Pls give them campagin bonuses Bretonnia curently lacks: for Questing vow: add +5% replenishment rate.

Grail vow + 5% replenishment rate +2 recruitment rank to all units.

None of their blue skill tree has something that gives them bonuses to recruitment rank ( only bonuses have knights via chivarly system).

I think that given the fact that getting those vows are a lot of trouble, giving them really meaningful campaign buffs bret lacks also replenishment rate bonuses and recruitment rank bonus for all units (or even just for peasants, cos we all know that grail knight will always attract some rubble of filthy peasants) would be actually really beneficial.

Questig vow for Knight Lord is just laughable +5 AP dmg, it's not even 1% of AP dmg for a Lord.

I beg you CA.

Everything for Brets is nice ;)
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 20,057
    So far a 90% Steam rating. Looking very nice, very nice indeed.
    Malakai is the best choice for a Dwarf LP. Give us Slayer lords so we may form a Slayer host and revel in our destruction!
  • EquixEquix Registered Users Posts: 792
    New bretonnia system is very cool, I also like Tehenhauin, what i dont is skaven, they are to much overpowered, rats need a nerf

My heart is for Nagash.
    My dreams are made of Elves..
    And my soul always sides with ogres, goblins and beastmen.

Amazons and Cathay are coming!
  • yx3768031yx3768031 Registered Users Posts: 162
    edited April 2019
    Terradon & ripperdactyl will freeze for a second when performing their ground attack animations, mainly between two attacks. This problem exists since game release. Hope u can fix this soon as Tik-tak-to is introduced and this problem become more visible than before.
  • alex33alex33 Registered Users Posts: 1,253
    Is Ikits Quest for the Storm Daemon not fiering for anyone else too?
  • StephinceStephince Registered Users Posts: 2,722
    I would imagine someone will mod in stronger vow effects before long. CA create these things based on their view of what is balanced, which could vary greatly from what you and I believe. In CA we trust.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 8,620
    Stephince said:

I would imagine someone will mod in stronger vow effects before long. CA create these things based on their view of what is balanced, which could vary greatly from what you and I believe. In CA we trust.

It just needs more interesting rewards. A choice in rewards even.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
    Stephince said:

i mean sure but something like 1% Ws for all that questing seems like a bit insulting don't you think? :D