Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The Prophet & The Warlock Master Feedback Thread

Comments

• FakeEmperorFakeEmperor Registered Users Posts: 595
    Tehen campaign:
    Javelin and skirmisher skinks run towards approaching enemies while in "skirmish mode", insted of retreat...
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 8,941
    It might be intentional, to force you to start the Skaven vs Lizardmen World War while there are still Skaven to fight making the Saurus debuff removal a dangerous upgrade to make.

But I noticed that neither Skaven Rebels nor the Vortex Skaven mechanic armies count towards defeating Skaven armies when you want to advance the stages of Tehenhauin’s mechanic.

And here I was thinking I was all smart and all. But instead shot myself in the foot!
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,115
    After taking the Altar of the Horned Rat as Ikit the advisor spoke to be as if I was Skrolk.

• Ingr8Ingr8 Registered Users Posts: 1,137
    edited April 2019
    OK, I have to say that I am not liking the Skaven campaign - I still hate the food mechanics but added to that the new units (Jezzails and Rattling Guns) seem utterly useless in a siege situation (and as the vast majority of fights in this game are siege fights due to the **** turtling AI, this is crap).

You can't put them on walls (at least you can't when you are attacking) , their lines of sight are **** due to the fact that they will not fire at what is right in front of them (if part of the enemy unit is hidden from sight) so you can't even position them over a breach to fire in.

I'm sorry but this is really disappointing. I don't know whose bright idea it was to stop them getting on the walls, but that person should be fired.

Oh and who the hell decided that when Vashnaar's Contest take a town they should have walls immediately and a full garrison consisting of:
    • three units of chosen;
    • three units of regular chaos warriors;
    • three units of chaos knights; [correction: four units of chaos knights]
    • two units of cold one knights;
    • one cold one chariot;
    • one unit of darkshards; and
    • one reaper bolt thrower?
    That garrison is insane and attacking with an army that is hamstrung by the crappy nature of the Jezzails and the Rattling Guns just makes a crap position even worse, particularly in the early game. In my first Skaven playthrough Vashnaar's have taken Hexoatl, Skeggi and most of the surrounding areas. In order to oust them my largely clan rat based armies are having to attack those garrisons without fire support which is ridiculous.
    Post edited by Ingr8 on
    Dreaming of mighty Lumbria

• Star Weaver Star Weaver Registered Users Posts: 49
    Shrine of Sotek is missing the little gold landmark marker for the Sacrificial Snake Pit of Sotek.

Loving this new DLC. Keep up the good work.
  • crazycakemancrazycakeman Registered Users Posts: 197
    This has probably already been stated but empire cities have a warpstone infused ruin texture over them instead of a regular empire city texture. Only a graphical bug but still quite annoying aha
  • ShebalosoShebaloso Registered Users Posts: 256
    It seems that the fire balls launched by the Lizardmen unit "Salamander hunting pack" are not visible with "projectile trails" turned off, which is unusual, because the projectile for the unit "Ancient Salamander" works perfectly with that option.
  • sassbarmansassbarman Registered Users Posts: 45
    Not sure what's changed in this patch or if something is screwed up but scar veteran's just suck. I've noticed they're getting beat up lately by some pretty lowly opponents. just lost a pretty critical siege battle against skaven when my scar veteran lost straight up against a grey seer. weird!
  • alex33alex33 Registered Users Posts: 1,257
    Autoresolve is still annoying as hell. I lose my Bastiladon to random small armies thats anoying as hell. Also why is the ai still capable of inviting everyone to war against me. The random orcs invited the new world colonies to war against me and they broke their non agression packt to be at war with me
  • Red11sgbRed11sgb Registered Users Posts: 162
    Im on turn 70 with Cult of Soteck and can't move any army or heroes, also can't save the game or end turn! CA please fix I know other people have had the same problem.
  • PancakesPancakes Registered Users Posts: 378
    Please add a way to cycle through Provences with an under empire city in it.
  • SchwarzhelmSchwarzhelm Registered Users Posts: 1,286
    Maybe this is not right to post in this thread but here I go...
    I hate the chaos army spawn in Vortex campaign. With this DLC it is the first time I try to finish the race for the vortex, so I am not sure if it was like that before...

I love the game but I am not so good at it, so I play on normal difficulty.
    4th Ritual an 6 Armies spawn, 4 Chaos and 2 Skaven (I am playing ikit Claw) on the same spot... I have to race all other armies to the location but too late... I reload and place my armies near the spawn point, now they appear on the other end of the map...
    The random spawn would not be the problem but that there are 6 of them all in the same place, sorry I can't handle that.

With the reinforcement system I doubt I would have fun playing the battles if I would have my armies near the locations.

I fear the answer but is this intended? On very hard or legendary I could understand but on normal?
    Or am I doing something wrong?
  • SaisioSaisio Registered Users Posts: 38
    Feedback.

1. What happend to empire minor settlements.... looks like skaven/woodelf combine settlements. (Generally rip the old settlements from warhammer 1, the settlement turned into the respective faction/race owning it)
    2. Brettonia Paladins Hero's win a battle a the sea doesn't trigger completed once done.

Suggestion.
    You have a huge healthy modding community around the game and players using them, give us the option to roll back to older patches. Kinda sucks when you hands out new content dlc's which, screws up current campaigns duo to not the mods are working up with the new patch/content.
  • capybarasiesta89capybarasiesta89 Senior Member Bath, UKRegistered Users Posts: 4,256
    Pancakes said:

Mods don't work anymore

They do with Kaedrin tested it last night. My other problem is I can't update my two mods with this bloody launcher.
    Vampire Counts
    Tomb Kings
    The Empire

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein
  • cupcakeeecupcakeee Registered Users Posts: 31
    It's weak content, super disappointed. I couldn't even play the main campaign for 5 turns before nearly vomiting.

(I have 800 hours in the main game)

Unless you guys do some psychedelics and get off your lazy asses, I'm going to have to leave CA behind as a good company. Your content is just too weak.
  • cupcakeeecupcakeee Registered Users Posts: 31
    Basically what CA did is they went with, "Vietnam was cool, right?!" (it's not)

That's this expansion. 00 (zero) 00 inspiration. Just let a strong breeze blow thru CA, you'll get a better deal.
  • FinishingLastFinishingLast Registered Users Posts: 4,341
    cupcakeee said:

Basically what CA did is they went with, "Vietnam was cool, right?!" (it's not)

That's this expansion. 00 (zero) 00 inspiration. Just let a strong breeze blow thru CA, you'll get a better deal.

That sure is some rambling nonsense.
    Later
  • MalagoruMalagoru Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 487
    edited April 2019
    I don't think that the removal of autoresolve bonuses for major factions was a good idea. In my latest vortext campaign Heoxatl was destroyed by new world colonies and most of Lustria is under the control of massive blue vipers empire. AI is also struggling to maintain public order. Rebellions are a common sight now. Dark elves are being massacred by burgeoning empire of Hunters of Kurnous. They have 15 settlements now.

Fighting random generic no-name lords and rebels is not fun at all...
  • TayvarTayvar Registered Users Posts: 12,081
    ostrogoth said:

I don't think that the removal of autoresolve bonuses for major factions was a good idea. In my latest vortext campaign Heoxatl was destroyed by new world colonies and most of Lustria is under the control of massive blue vipers empire. AI is also struggling to maintain public order. Rebellions are a common sight now. Dark elves are being massacred by burgeoning empire of Hunters of Kurnous. They have 15 settlements now.

Fighting random generic no-name lords and rebels is not fun at all...

The game is more random now, with no auto-resolve plot armor, but CA can make it optional.
    edited April 2019
    Tayvar said:

The game is more random now, with no auto-resolve plot armor, but CA can make it optional.

Well. If fighting no-name pushover minor factions and rogue empires is randomness I prefer previous non-random version. I hope CA will make this optional. I'd rather fight Mazdamundi and Skrolk over dominance of Lustria instead of Greebitz Bootlicka.

Whole race for vortex is a bad joke now.
    Post edited by Malagoru on
  • ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 26,363
    ostrogoth said:

Tayvar said:

Well. If fighting no-name pushover minor factions and rogue empires is randomness I prefer previous non-random version. I hope CA will make this optional. I'd rather fight Mazdamundi and Skrolk over dominance of Lustria instead of Greebitz Bootlicka.

Whole race for vortex is a bad joke now.
    In my Queek Vortex campaign, turn 100, all major players are still in place and Lothern and Hexoatl are ahead of me in the rituals.

In my campaign Lothern was destroyed by some elven minors. Hexoatl got axed by new world colonies. Queek was smashed by lizardmen minors. Morathi was crushed by rogue faction.

I have 2 province and I am rank 1 in strength. The game is too easy now. AI struggles to create big empires, and cant maintain public order. Whole map is dotted by rebel factions.

I like the new dlc but it is time to roll back to coast_beta. For me warhammer was always about fighting armies led my mighty heroes and villains. For the first time I am grateful for roll back function.
  • crazycakemancrazycakeman Registered Users Posts: 197
    Just detonated a doom sphere, however there was no explosion graphic, had the cut scene but no explosion...
  • AramoraAramora Registered Users Posts: 63
    Mentioned by others on a steam post, but the paladin appears to be unable to complete the second tier vow. Took Mathlann, won sea battles, but still incomplete. The Lord unlocks vows just fine.
  • GingerRoeBroGingerRoeBro Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,041
    Red11sgb said:

Im on turn 70 with Cult of Soteck and can't move any army or heroes, also can't save the game or end turn! CA please fix I know other people have had the same problem.

Yeah I'm having this same problem. turn 63 on legendary campaign Cult of Sotek
    And it literally broke my campaign.
    Can't move, can't end turn or anything.
    Bigger Budget for game 3?

They're gonna need it for all of the monogod glory.
    Which will be the "4 distinct gods representing the different aspects of Chaos such as Khorne, Slaanesh, Tzeentch, and Nurgle." :blush: ^CA quote

Thank you CA for seeing them as what they truly are.
    Let the Games Begin!
    https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/The_Great_Game
  • Red11sgbRed11sgb Registered Users Posts: 162

Red11sgb said:

Seriously I've seen several other people having the same problem. This issue has to be the BIGGEST bug out of any of them. You can't even play the game with this bug. CA please look into this or respond or something!
  • GingerRoeBroGingerRoeBro Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,041
    Red11sgb said:

Red11sgb said:

Seriously I've seen several other people having the same problem. This issue has to be the BIGGEST bug out of any of them. You can't even play the game with this bug. CA please look into this or respond or something!
    Dang bud, It's really got me butthurt :lol:
    I hope we don't end up having to wait too long for this to be fixed.
    And I'm really hoping I don't have to start over lol
    Bigger Budget for game 3?

They're gonna need it for all of the monogod glory.
    Which will be the "4 distinct gods representing the different aspects of Chaos such as Khorne, Slaanesh, Tzeentch, and Nurgle." :blush: ^CA quote

Thank you CA for seeing them as what they truly are.
    Let the Games Begin!
    https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/The_Great_Game
  • yukishiro1yukishiro1 Member Registered Users Posts: 511
    Ikit Claw campaign is so boring, it's impossible to ever lose because for peanuts you can get a nuke that'll killl 60% of the opposing army. Plus everything else about him is totally overpowered too. To the point where the game becomes utterly boring.

• KelefaneKelefane Registered Users Posts: 2,480
    When will the launcher/mod update happen to resolve the current mod problem?

• yukishiro1yukishiro1 Member Registered Users Posts: 511
    Use KMM, it's way better than the downright embarrassing mod manager CA provides.