Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The Prophet & The Warlock Master Feedback Thread

Comments

• yx3768031yx3768031 Registered Users Posts: 162
    Mazdamundi didn't have his legendary standard item when I confederated with him. Nor do I find it in the inventory or get a mission for it. It seems that the AI replaced it with another item before Confederation
  • melicardmelicard Registered Users Posts: 3
    In my tehenhahui campaign his model and the ripperdactir don't have any colour at all they are only light grey while the battle both models have the correct colours.
    Also at the moment of unlocking the first quest battle the game got bugged and I couldn't do anything like pass turn, move armies, recruit, nothing. I could resolve by using ctrl + s and then ctrl + l but took my a while found that way to solve the problem.
  • jhandjhand Registered Users Posts: 409
    In my first Ikit campaign I was getting the follower "Mechanic" after every battle. Literally every battle, not just sieges.
    but in every other skaven campaign, solo and multiplayer, he has never gotten it.

Tried having the hero in the army and not in every campaign, and it doesn't seem to change the likelihood. either I get it or I don't.
  • Red11sgbRed11sgb Registered Users Posts: 162

Red11sgb said:

Red11sgb said:

Im on turn 70 with Cult of Soteck and can't move any army or heroes, also can't save the game or end turn! CA please fix I know other people have had the same problem.

Yeah I'm having this same problem. turn 63 on legendary campaign Cult of Sotek
    And it literally broke my campaign.
    Can't move, can't end turn or anything.
    Seriously I've seen several other people having the same problem. This issue has to be the BIGGEST bug out of any of them. You can't even play the game with this bug. CA please look into this or respond or something!
    Dang bud, It's really got me butthurt :lol:
    I hope we don't end up having to wait too long for this to be fixed.
    And I'm really hoping I don't have to start over lol
    Yeah, it has gotten me the same feeling ha! I was enjoying the play through and I just gave up and started a Ikit but I still have my auto save. Let me know if you find any way that fixed it for you.
  • Bogdanov89Bogdanov89 Registered Users Posts: 906
    edited April 2019
    There are way too many Tier3+ military unit buildings in LMan cities and they are expensive as heck.
    It heavily penalizes going for army versatility and enforces even more of the "spam saurus" gameplay.

Suggestions:

Merge the Cold Ones and Pteradon building into one building chain (improves unit variety and takes less building slots in cities):
    - Tier 2 building makes Feral Cold Ones
    - Tier 3 building makes Cold ones swords, Cold ones spears, Pteradon bows
    - Tier 4 building makes Horned Ones, Firebola Ptera and Ripperdactyls.

Remove the Weapon Crafters Commune building - Kroxi, Temple Guard and Horned Ones should only require tier 4 to be produced (no secondary building).

Also adding lore of Life to LMen would be amazing.

Pretty please? :)

@CA_Duck
    @CA_Rich_A
    @GaryCA
    Check out the Community Bug Fix Mod on the Steam Workshop.
  • dreagondreagon Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,175
    edited April 2019
    In the victory objectives for the Vampire Coast in Mortal Empires it states that he needs to destroy the faction Xlanhuapec, which is checked off because the faction doesn't exist. I assume it's supposed to be the Cult of Sotek.
    "The dog is a peasant and the cat is a gentleman." H.P. Lovecraft
  • TayvarTayvar Registered Users Posts: 12,081

Ikit Claw campaign is so boring, it's impossible to ever lose because for peanuts you can get a nuke that'll kill 60% of the opposing army. Plus everything else about him is totally overpowered too. To the point where the game becomes utterly boring.

The "it's easy, so it sucks" trope, anyway that DLC have Tehenhauin and not only Ikit Claw. :)

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ItsEasySoItSucks
  • Jedidias1Jedidias1 Registered Users Posts: 159
    ostrogoth said:

I don't think that the removal of autoresolve bonuses for major factions was a good idea. In my latest vortext campaign Heoxatl was destroyed by new world colonies and most of Lustria is under the control of massive blue vipers empire. AI is also struggling to maintain public order. Rebellions are a common sight now. Dark elves are being massacred by burgeoning empire of Hunters of Kurnous. They have 15 settlements now.

Fighting random generic no-name lords and rebels is not fun at all...

I think removing the hidden bonuses may be a good idea but they need to make LL factions stronger in both the Votex and Mortal Empires campaigns.
    As you said it is better to fight LL lords than generic ones.
    edited April 2019
    Jedidias1 said:

ostrogoth said:

I don't think that the removal of autoresolve bonuses for major factions was a good idea. In my latest vortext campaign Heoxatl was destroyed by new world colonies and most of Lustria is under the control of massive blue vipers empire. AI is also struggling to maintain public order. Rebellions are a common sight now. Dark elves are being massacred by burgeoning empire of Hunters of Kurnous. They have 15 settlements now.

Fighting random generic no-name lords and rebels is not fun at all...

I think removing the hidden bonuses may be a good idea but they need to make LL factions stronger in both the Votex and Mortal Empires campaigns.
    As you said it is better to fight LL lords than generic ones.
    CA had made the Empire stronger when under AI control by giving the AI more territories at the start of the game, it's an more conventional way to make an particular faction stronger, without a plot armor.
  • MalagoruMalagoru Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 487
    edited April 2019
    Anyway currently vortex campaign is pretty messed up after this "update". I am at fifth ritual and other factions are still trying to complete the third one. And thats on very hard difficulty. There is also no late-game empire to challenger player. Just small pockets of weak factions. This is not only about autoresolve bonuses. AI in general is more passive now.

Edit: Anyway I just rolled back to previous version. It is so much better. Anyway if these changes are final vampire coast version will be the final version for me. Good luck with beta-testing guys ;)
  • UnsaidUnsaid Registered Users Posts: 10
    edited April 2019
    Several Bugs I have found playing as Bretonnia:

1) Encamp stance sound effect is playing the wood elf encamp sound effect.

2) Occupying settlements plays the wood elf occupy sound effect as well.

3) All empire minor cities (without a port) have the visual appearance of a ruin. All occurs when play as Bretonnia as far as I can tell.

4) Moving a paladin in and out of armies counts as a agent action for completing vows, (100% success rate)

Suggestions:

The vow systems is poorly balanced for the questioning vow. At the moment the is only one viable option for completing the vow. I.e mannan choice is the only viable one, 9/10. Finding a race specific Legendary Lord for each of your generals to defeat or finding jungle/desert terrain is very limited, specially for the first 100 turns.
  • twwatchertwwatcher Registered Users Posts: 2,388
    Red11sgb said:

Red11sgb said:

Red11sgb said:

Im on turn 70 with Cult of Soteck and can't move any army or heroes, also can't save the game or end turn! CA please fix I know other people have had the same problem.

Seriously I've seen several other people having the same problem. This issue has to be the BIGGEST bug out of any of them. You can't even play the game with this bug. CA please look into this or respond or something!
    Yeah, it has gotten me the same feeling ha! I was enjoying the play through and I just gave up and started a Ikit but I still have my auto save. Let me know if you find any way that fixed it for you.
    I could do the quest battle via teleport then after was able to continue. I had already seen someone mention this so just went for it, did not really investigate if same problem but seemed like it.
  • DaGangsterDaGangster Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,291
    I am overjoyed you removed the auto resolve bonus and public order bonus from AI. As a casual role player, it makes my game so much more varied and enjoyable. Giant empires still happen, but minor factions are not just speedbumps anymore, its nice.

Team Vampire Counts

"Many players cannot help approaching a game as an optimization puzzle. What gives the most reward for the least risk? What strategy provides the highest chance – or even a guaranteed chance – of success? Given the opportunity, players will optimize the fun out of a game."

- Soren Johnson
  • yukishiro1yukishiro1 Member Registered Users Posts: 511
    Tayvar said:

Ikit Claw campaign is so boring, it's impossible to ever lose because for peanuts you can get a nuke that'll kill 60% of the opposing army. Plus everything else about him is totally overpowered too. To the point where the game becomes utterly boring.

The "it's easy, so it sucks" trope, anyway that DLC have Tehenhauin and not only Ikit Claw. :)

It's not so much "it's easy so it sucks," but it's really odd that ikit is so much stronger than everyone else.

They asked for feedback, I don't think there's anything wrong with pointing out that Ikit's campaign is tuned to be hugely easier than every other campaign.
  • GingerRoeBroGingerRoeBro Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,041
    edited April 2019

Tayvar said:

It's not so much "it's easy so it sucks," but it's really odd that ikit is so much stronger than everyone else.

They asked for feedback, I don't think there's anything wrong with pointing out that Ikit's campaign is tuned to be hugely easier than every other campaign.
    Not trying to be a negative Nelly, but if you turn it to legendary and battle difficulty to very hard the vortex campaign is really fun or was for me.
    Bigger Budget for game 3?

They're gonna need it for all of the monogod glory.
    Which will be the "4 distinct gods representing the different aspects of Chaos such as Khorne, Slaanesh, Tzeentch, and Nurgle." :blush: ^CA quote

Thank you CA for seeing them as what they truly are.
    Let the Games Begin!
    https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/The_Great_Game
    Red11sgb said:

Red11sgb said:

Red11sgb said:

Believe me bud I will, I'm actually kinda sad thinking I might have to start over lol

If you find a fix for that awful bug please let me know too :lol: my sanity depends on it!

Which will be the "4 distinct gods representing the different aspects of Chaos such as Khorne, Slaanesh, Tzeentch, and Nurgle." :blush: ^CA quote

Let the Games Begin!

Tayvar said:

Well it was expected, Ikit Claw have nukes and workshop, that other Skaven Clans don't have.
  • TheThreeEyedKingTheThreeEyedKing Registered Users Posts: 5
    The game crashes to desktop when doomsphere explodes on the campaign map.
    twwatcher said:

Red11sgb said:

Red11sgb said:

Red11sgb said:

I could do the quest battle via teleport then after was able to continue. I had already seen someone mention this so just went for it, did not really investigate if same problem but seemed like it.
    If I had a quest available at the moment I would try that but unfortunately I don't. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Red11sgb said:

Red11sgb said:

Red11sgb said:

Believe me bud I will, I'm actually kinda sad thinking I might have to start over lol

If you find a fix for that awful bug please let me know too :lol: my sanity depends on it!
    Just saw on another thread that someone suggested to hit crtl S and then Crtl L to fix the problem.

I haven't tried it yet but I'm going to try it when I get time to play tomorrow.
    edited April 2019
    Red11sgb said:

Red11sgb said:

Red11sgb said:

Red11sgb said:

Just saw on another thread that someone suggested to hit crtl S and then Crtl L to fix the problem.

I haven't tried it yet but I'm going to try it when I get time to play tomorrow.
    It just told me that "Quick save/Quick load is disable on legendary"
    Well, I'm butthurt even more now. :'(

Thanks for trying to help though bud

Let the Games Begin!
  • ChiefMinisterChiefMinister Registered Users Posts: 11
    "I want it so shiny I can eat Man Things off of it"

Guys, I cannot equip the bell polisher follower to any character at all?
  • EterlikEterlik Registered Users Posts: 154
    Great dlc & patch. I Love the changes.

But since the patch sometimes units on the fight maps ( Mortal Empires ) lose their groups once they rout.
    There seems to be also some second "activator" for the bug. Sometimes it also seems to happen when double clicking on a units portrait.
  • ChiefMinisterChiefMinister Registered Users Posts: 11

Too much doom.
  • HarconnHarconn Registered Users Posts: 937
    Despite the last Patches the Main Vanilla faction LLs of TWWH 2 are still missing some of their Legendary Items in ME. Will this ever be fixed? It's totally annoying.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________

My German Youtube-Channel - Let's Plays (Strategy, RPG, Indie,...): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChwblqvwr8XxKP0GzCcUb8Q
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 21,114

It's the doomsphere, it dooms your computer as well. Muhuahahahhahaha.
    Thanks CA for working with Epic Games to give us Troy for free!

Red11sgb said:

Red11sgb said:

Red11sgb said:

Red11sgb said:

It just told me that "Quick save/Quick load is disable on legendary"
    Well, I'm butthurt even more now. :'(

Thanks for trying to help though bud
    Dude! I just fixed it!

I did two different things but I think it was the last one! I put my armys in forced march and moved them so it they would have that red line showing they had no more movement points band was going to move that distance next turn.

The second thing I did which I think was the reason why it got fixed, was towards the end of the end turns phase I just repeatedly hit ESC so any window message wouldn't show up. Doing that made it to where the window wouldn't come up or the audio couldn't play from the advisor guy. Hope this helps, spam that ESC key!
  • Nitros14Nitros14 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,881
    Couple things.

This should've been changed this patch. The Skeleton upkeep technology is still a problem.

If Skeletons are zero upkeep why take Zombies?

That technology should really be 75% or even 50% reduction on skeletons, not 100%.

Keep Zombies at 100%.

Vampire Counts campaign would be in a better spot difficulty wise as well.

Also, feel like Undercities should at least cost 1 food upkeep per turn. So that there's at least a little teensy downside for having a ton of them.

You get tons of them for free from the mining building.

Then they cost about 4,000 to give you 200 gold per turn and 2 food per turn forever.

It's a little out of control how good they get from the investment of a few mining buildings.

Food is a little too generous right now I feel.

• VainaVaina Registered Users Posts: 39
    We need to talk about Malekith. With the patch changes he don't have the possibility to fight against high elves like always, because other factions destroy Naggarond or it's surrounded by enemies and he cannot defeat them. That problem with Malekith makes Lothern superpoweful with no big enemies in the map. Tyrion don't need to confederate other high elves factions (he don't do that, only with Avelorn). The high elves could at last dedicate the time to write poetry or hug trees.

I need more turns to see if my suspicions are true about the problem with Malekith and dark elves.
  • Ingr8Ingr8 Registered Users Posts: 1,131
    Vaina said:

That problem with Malekith makes Lothern superpoweful with no big enemies in the map.

That in itself is an improvement. Lothern used to get spanked by the Vampire Coast factions either side which was a bit farcical. Before the latest update I started an Avelorn campaign in which I was effectively forced to defend the entire island solo as the other HE factions were destroyed in short order.

Since the update it seems to have swung the other way with the VCoast effectively limited to their starting provinces only.

Dreaming of mighty Lumbria