Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The Prophet & The Warlock Master Feedback Thread

Comments

• alex33alex33 Posts: 1,089Registered Users
    Can anyone try to replicate this:
    Necropolis knights seems to float above their snake constructs:

• GingerRoeBroGingerRoeBro Senior Member Posts: 3,041Registered Users
    Aren't we supposed to get a hotfix today?
    Bigger Budget for game 3?

They're gonna need it for all of the monogod glory.
    Which will be the "4 distinct gods representing the different aspects of Chaos such as Khorne, Slaanesh, Tzeentch, and Nurgle." :blush: ^CA quote

Thank you CA for seeing them as what they truly are.
    Let the Games Begin!
    https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/The_Great_Game
  • VahiliorVahilior Posts: 13Registered Users
    The Underempire can only expand through the mining buildkng to one province a turn. This limits your rate of expansion and later in the game, when AI are razeing cities with underempires beneath them, artificially limits size of the underempire.

I suggest making it so that the underempire can "naturally" expand to multiple provinces a turn (RNG allowing).
  • Ingr8Ingr8 Posts: 308Registered Users
    Does anyone else find the Cult of Sotek campaign to be incredibly boring?

The issue isn't really the campaign itself but the constriction due to the poor starting position. I finished beating the initial Skaven faction in approximately turn 10 and then promptly had the crappy annoying TK faction declare war on me. Due to the weakness of my armies I felt I had to starve them out of their capital.

This was despite confederating with the nearby LM faction. The regular LM economy is so poor that despite holding 10 towns I could not support 2 skink armies and build at the same time.

Itza meanwhile had merrily spanked the Skaven from Southern Lustria so to actually get a decent fight I have to push up north...

Now in turn 84 I am looking to abandon the campaign with my armies still limited to land based skinks but the conomy stinks so badly.

With so many main LL factions (including the crappy tomb kings who I wish were not even in the game) plus minor factions in that corner of the map, by the time you have carved a niche for yourself the obvious enemies (skaven) seem to be history.

Oh and don't get me started on the crappy roaming pirate armies. This corner of the map is just ****.

Incidentally are there any mods to take the TKs out of the game permanently?

Yes, I damn well would!
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 21,849Registered Users
    Vahilior said:

The Underempire can only expand through the mining buildkng to one province a turn. This limits your rate of expansion and later in the game, when AI are razeing cities with underempires beneath them, artificially limits size of the underempire.

I suggest making it so that the underempire can "naturally" expand to multiple provinces a turn (RNG allowing).

It's already too easy to spread it. No.

• karge068karge068 Senior Member Posts: 1,258Registered Users
    Can you please acknowledge the "empire mordheim ruins" bug and give us some ETA on when it will be fixed? Thanks.
  • vintalvintal Junior Member Posts: 3Registered Users
    karge068 said:

Can you please acknowledge the "empire mordheim ruins" bug and give us some ETA on when it will be fixed? Thanks.

good question i have stopped my campaign with empire for this bug,i would like start a new campaign with bretonnia but i don t like see empire settlements like ruins...
  • rymeintrinsecarymeintrinseca Posts: 680Registered Users
    I saw Naggarond refuse to replace their generic lords with Malekith even when he was clearly available (10 or so turns with them down to their last city and completely surrounded, though not under siege). They would only recruit him as a fresh lord (which I found out by killing all their generic lords).

Seems to be the same weird AI behaviour as that seen with Vampire Coast, where they would run around with a generic lord for 100 turns, with their LL left in the recruitment pool.
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Posts: 5,113Registered Users
    My hero warlock engineer (working for Tretch) sometimes says "Skryre is best".
  • KuskuKusku Posts: 12Registered Users
    edited April 2019
    I really want to play the new DLC more but I can't enjoy it with that Empire / Southern Realms settlement bug going on. Can we expect a hotfix anytime soon?
  • SaisioSaisio Posts: 34Registered Users
    Dear CA! Skaven suffers a lot from the major faction autoresolve bonus removal!
    In my current playthrough as Profet of Sotek, on turn 35, note taken after getting 2 provinces automaticly delclaring war against all skaven factions, mostly of the MAJOR skaven clans owns 1 settlement including the minor one! With exception of mors which have 4.
    I for one want that feature back, or give skaven some sort of buff that prevents them from suffer this harsh, take note i made several attemps as profet of sotek is quite hard, through most of the attempts the skaven in lustria suffers hard from the surrounding lizzard factions. *Lore wise skaven brought lustria to almost ruined, hence the rise of the profet sotek! Which eventually lead to the exodus of clan pestilence, that happend after the rise of sotek!*
    This tooltip got stuck on my screen after I looked at an undercity.

• DraxynnicDraxynnic Posts: 6,614Registered Users
    Surprised that this hasn't been mentioned here yet - there are several threads in the support forum.

There's a bug for Vortex campaigns that were started before the patch: cinematics for completing rituals fail to trigger, and perhaps more importantly, the final battle after completing the final ritual also fails to trigger, making it impossible to win by completing the Vortex. Domination victory is apparently still possible.

Example threads:

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/240550/cut-scenes-not-unlocking-after-rituals-and-final-battle-wont-trigger-prophet-and-the-warlock-dlc

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/240322/final-battle-not-apearing-after-last-ritual

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/240592/cant-finish-my-vortex-campaign
    edited May 2019
    The encampment bug is worse than ever. Here Tretch has 57% remaining movement but can't encamp:

It's a 2-for-the-price-of-1 with the discoverability tooltip also stuck on the screen again...
  • SodoffSodoff Junior Member Posts: 27Registered Users
    Any news or replies to the Minor Settlement Ruin bug? It makes Mortal Empires quite unplayable. I haven't touched the game since the patch, and I've heard nothing from CA about the issue. Im beginning to feel let down. How can there not even be a post that says 'hey we are working on it'. It is a pretty game breaking bug.
  • EmbraceDeathEmbraceDeath Posts: 35Registered Users
    🍻👍👍👍 Just wanted to say Thanks. I love the new random outcome of my play throughs. It’s truly become a box of chocolates. Yes it’s gots some bugs and issues. I realize this was a lot of effort on your part CA. I see several complaints and felt a more appreciative response was needed here. Well done @Everyone please feel free to also point out what you like. I’m sure they love to read those too. 😃😃😃🍻
    Personal Favorites
    AI dealing with Public Order issues
    Smaller Factions now have potential.
    New Units, New Features. The ORC encampment in Bretonia excellent choice. Keep up the good work. 😎
    Saisio said:

In my current playthrough as Profet of Sotek, on turn 35, note taken after getting 2 provinces automaticly delclaring war against all skaven factions, mostly of the MAJOR skaven clans owns 1 settlement including the minor one! With exception of mors which have 4.
    I for one want that feature back, or give skaven some sort of buff that prevents them from suffer this harsh, take note i made several attemps as profet of sotek is quite hard, through most of the attempts the skaven in lustria suffers hard from the surrounding lizzard factions. *Lore wise skaven brought lustria to almost ruined, hence the rise of the profet sotek! Which eventually lead to the exodus of clan pestilence, that happend after the rise of sotek!*

In my Ikit campaign, Clan Fester is bigger than I and I didn't even help them getting that large.

• Ben1990Ben1990 Posts: 62Registered Users
    So got to play as Tehenhauin and there are two big bugs I've got.
    1. Can't unlock 2nd and later tier sacrifices and BTW can't get quests that would allow me to unlock said later sacrifices.
    2. Can't get Lord Kroak despite finishing his quest to obtain him. Doesn't spawn at all.
    Sodoff said:

Any news or replies to the Minor Settlement Ruin bug? It makes Mortal Empires quite unplayable. I haven't touched the game since the patch, and I've heard nothing from CA about the issue. Im beginning to feel let down. How can there not even be a post that says 'hey we are working on it'. It is a pretty game breaking bug.

In what way unplayable? You can play it normally. Though yeah, it feels bizarre to see all your settlements suddenly change into warpstone-infested ruins. Also pity Mordheim didn't get any special building chains, which is bizarre considering its a massive pit of warpstone, chaotic energies and mutant monstrosities and undead. Should've made it into a one region province instead since it used to be Ostemark's capital.
  • CountOfUSACountOfUSA Senior Member Posts: 907Registered Users
    edited May 2019
    Started a Bret campaign, just because, and noticed a few bugs.

- Alberic's discounts are not taking the correct amount off. (Sea port and resource)
    a.) To be more specific the Port of B. and the winefields of B. are except from his discounts.
    - If a rank is gained but not used than it won't count towards a Vow. (paladin)
    - Damsels don't have vows.
    - Green Knight has the discover-undercities logo instead of his logo. (Not sure if this is bug or intended.)
    Post edited by CountOfUSA on
    Team Western Empire. (Get rid of that bloat!)
    Fredrin wrote: »
    Nice! Who needs a palantir when you have an official wiki eh?
  • EmbraceDeathEmbraceDeath Posts: 35Registered Users

The encampment bug is worse than ever. Here Tretch has 57% remaining movement but can't encamp:

It's a 2-for-the-price-of-1 with the discoverability tooltip also stuck on the screen again...

Ran to this issue with the tomb Kong’s too. Reason you can’t encamp I discovered was because you have a hero boosting your movement for the lords army. So the % tracker is off. To compensate just make sure you have about 62%~ish movement (give or take) for a max movement buff hero (3 points in the skill) then you can encamp. Same for all % needed things ambush, ..etc. hope that helps.
  • TayvarTayvar Posts: 10,665Registered Users
    Saisio said:

In my current playthrough as Profet of Sotek, on turn 35, note taken after getting 2 provinces automatically declaring war against all skaven factions, mostly of the MAJOR skaven clans owns 1 settlement including the minor one! With exception of mors which have 4.
    I for one want that feature back, or give skaven some sort of buff that prevents them from suffer this harsh, take note i made several attempts as prophet of sotek is quite hard, through most of the attempts the skaven in lustria suffers hard from the surrounding lizzard factions. *Lore wise skaven brought lustria to almost ruined, hence the rise of the prophet sotek! Which eventually lead to the exodus of clan pestilence, that happend after the rise of sotek!*

The Skaven should not be affected by the "supply lines" mechanic and the same goes for Greenskins.
    Tayvar said:

Saisio said:

In my current playthrough as Profet of Sotek, on turn 35, note taken after getting 2 provinces automatically declaring war against all skaven factions, mostly of the MAJOR skaven clans owns 1 settlement including the minor one! With exception of mors which have 4.
    I for one want that feature back, or give skaven some sort of buff that prevents them from suffer this harsh, take note i made several attempts as prophet of sotek is quite hard, through most of the attempts the skaven in lustria suffers hard from the surrounding lizzard factions. *Lore wise skaven brought lustria to almost ruined, hence the rise of the prophet sotek! Which eventually lead to the exodus of clan pestilence, that happend after the rise of sotek!*

The Skaven should not be affected by the "supply lines" mechanic and the same goes for Greenskins.
    Disagree. The supply lines mechanic needs to be refined, but the idea that army spam should in some way be limited is sound.

Besides, the under empire now allows one to actually feel more like a swarm faction since placing one of the invasion chain buildings gives you replenishment in hostile territory and bonues Menace from Below summons.

Tayvar said:

Saisio said:

I for one want that feature back, or give skaven some sort of buff that prevents them from suffer this harsh, take note i made several attempts as prophet of sotek is quite hard, through most of the attempts the skaven in lustria suffers hard from the surrounding lizard factions. *Lore wise skaven brought lustria to almost ruined, hence the rise of the prophet sotek! Which eventually lead to the exodus of clan pestilence, that happened after the rise of sotek!*

Disagree. The supply lines mechanic needs to be refined, but the idea that army spam should in some way be limited is sound.

Besides, the under empire now allows one to actually feel more like a swarm faction since placing one of the invasion chain buildings gives you replenishment in hostile territory and bonuses Menace from Below summons.
    My idea is that it should be like Brets have with their peasants now. You have something of a limit to how many armies you can go and supply. If you go above that limit, then with every new army you start to pay extra if you do not build stuff like logistic buildings and such.
    Ben1990 said:

Tayvar said:

Saisio said:

I for one want that feature back, or give skaven some sort of buff that prevents them from suffer this harsh, take note i made several attempts as prophet of sotek is quite hard, through most of the attempts the skaven in lustria suffers hard from the surrounding lizard factions. *Lore wise skaven brought lustria to almost ruined, hence the rise of the prophet sotek! Which eventually lead to the exodus of clan pestilence, that happened after the rise of sotek!*

Besides, the under empire now allows one to actually feel more like a swarm faction since placing one of the invasion chain buildings gives you replenishment in hostile territory and bonuses Menace from Below summons.
    My idea is that it should be like Brets have with their peasants now. You have something of a limit to how many armies you can go and supply. If you go above that limit, then with every new army you start to pay extra if you do not build stuff like logistic buildings and such.
    That would actually be a much stricter limitation than the current system and so I disagree. Skaven chaff should simply not go up as much in price as higher tiered units and that should really be true for almost all factions.

• FinishingLastFinishingLast Posts: 4,145Registered Users
    Seems like the easiest way to handle it would be to have the supply line feature affect the upkeep at higher rates the higher tier a unit is. With T1 units getting very little upkeep increase and moving up slightly with each level. That way, it encourages multi-stacks of chaff instead of all doomstacks.
    Later

Seems like the easiest way to handle it would be to have the supply line feature affect the upkeep at higher rates the higher tier a unit is. With T1 units getting very little upkeep increase and moving up slightly with each level. That way, it encourages multi-stacks of chaff instead of all doomstacks.

Have proposed exactly that several times already. Then the "muh sandbox" crowd comes in and says that doomstacking should be enforced because freedom or something.

• FinishingLastFinishingLast Posts: 4,145Registered Users

Have proposed exactly that several times already. Then the "muh sandbox" crowd comes in and says that doomstacking should be enforced because freedom or something.
    lol wouldn't stop anyone from doomstacking. It's not like you couldn't still do that. You'd just be able to afford a few armies if you wanted instead of one giant one.
    Later
    edited May 2019

lol wouldn't stop anyone from doomstacking. It's not like you couldn't still do that. You'd just be able to afford a few armies if you wanted instead of one giant one.
    Doesn't matter to those guys. They want enforced elite spam and if you are against that then you are surely some sort of historical TW fanatic who hates fantasy and should be off playing ToB or R2 or whatever. Yeah, that's retorts I've actually gotten.

• BoombastekBoombastek Posts: 2,047Registered Users

This tooltip got stuck on my screen after I looked at an undercity.

Ctrl + L