Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Araby and CA's communication

Federykx99Federykx99 Registered Users Posts: 562
edited April 2019 in Total War General Chat
So, it's pretty well established now that Araby won't be added in the game. There is still a slight chance with the pre order bonus, but it's negligible, sadly.
That said, CA hasn't gone out and officially stated that they won't be coming or why.

Assuming the worst, I now wonder why we haven't received a clear no yet.
Do you think it's because they feel like their fan base is ultimately too small to deserve an answer?
Or maybe because of the faction not being an official faction they decided there is really no need for an official statement?
Or maybe it's somehow just too early?

I'd love to hear your different opinions on this.

Edit: I'd like to remark that tis a genuine and well meaning question, please no trolling or making fun of the dead.
Tagged:

Comments

• vie_dragonvie_dragon Registered Users Posts: 168
    I'm all for maximum content on this game and buy everything as soon as its up in the Steam Shop but If I have to decide between more content for the real races or Araby Roster Im defenitely choosing the proper existing races instead of Araby.

This has been great news. If they make 4 Monogod factions(even as DLC) + Ogres,Chorfs and a Nagash Faction this is the best game ever.
    I'd of course instantly buy Araby if it came out. Or Albion. Or Amazons.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 31,154
    It's just not CA's communication style. If it's coming they don't want to say it too early, if it's in any way a "Maybe" then they don't want to say no.

I don't much like CA's communication style. I respect it for what it is, and within that style they communicate well, but overall I'd like a lot more transparency. I'd like to know which LP's are coming as surely those are set in stone now and I'd like an answer on Araby.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, Greater Demon of the Ogre Kingdoms, Teller of Truths, Enemy of Lies, Emperor of a lost Empire

• PatrunzPatrunz Registered Users Posts: 6
    With TWW3 not coming out until post 2020, I don’t see why Araby isn’t viable. Norsca was somewhat left field and had a limited gw roster, and even more of a wild card was vampire coast considering how limited their official army roster was. I’m clearly biased cause I would love to see araby in the game but the araby race is a huge creative design opportunity just like VC. And if I remember correctly Araby had somewhat of an army book no?
    They could tie them in easily with vortex campaign using its magic in relevance to their Jins and magic etc. Maybe a revenge plot line. Plus they have a lord who could easily use the VC ship mechanics etc (even though the timelines of the lords would not be loreful, clearly that doesn’t matter ex: Azagh)
    I don’t really see how they have been eliminated. If you look at the old world you could say between skarsnik, empire, vampires,bretonnia, wood elves, dwarves it’s pretty congested too. I get the lands of Araby are a lot smaller but I’m sure they could make it work. Or just make it a Norsca like race pack, 2 lords: Great Sultan and the Golden Magus maybe. (Would prefer 4 tho lol, and I believe it possible considering we got Cylostra).

Anyways that’s my take. I’d gladly through my money at an Araby DLC

Just my opinion
  • Federykx99Federykx99 Registered Users Posts: 562
    @Patrunz
    We've had official statements from Grace that they only have Lord Packs left for Warhammer 2.
  • ScreamimgEnvyScreamimgEnvy Registered Users Posts: 782
    Even if CA would have dropped one last Race Pack the chance to see Araby was pretty small.
    Remember "DoW confirmed!!!!!!" before Vampire Coast announcement?

Araby is and was not confirmed at all. Amazons, Albion, Southern Realms, DoW, Slaanesh, Tzeentch, Nurgle, Khorne, Legion of Nagash, Kislev...even Fishmen and much more.

So, CA release the last WH2 DLC...it's a Race Pack...Fishmen.
    People start dropping **** storm all over CA. Furthermore everyone are still upset AF because there are still many missing units, LL's, no other WH1 updates etc.
    Team Monogods - #JusticeForTzeentch

• DerpyRoxasDerpyRoxas Registered Users Posts: 3,348

Even if CA would have dropped one last Race Pack the chance to see Araby was pretty small.

Araby is and was not confirmed at all. Amazons, Albion, Southern Realms, DoW, Slaanesh, Tzeentch, Nurgle, Khorne, Legion of Nagash, Kislev...even Fishmen and much more.

People start dropping **** storm all over CA. Furthermore everyone are still upset AF because there are still many missing units, LL's, no other WH1 updates etc.

DoW and Araby were the only faction teased in a lot of videos. And no, "Dogbert's leak" does not count.

@Patrunz
    We've had official statements from Grace that they only have Lord Packs left for Warhammer 2.

Ugh really! I missed that
  • DraculasaurusDraculasaurus Registered Users Posts: 4,771

It's just not CA's communication style. If it's coming they don't want to say it too early, if it's in any way a "Maybe" then they don't want to say no.

I don't much like CA's communication style. I respect it for what it is, and within that style they communicate well, but overall I'd like a lot more transparency. I'd like to know which LP's are coming as surely those are set in stone now and I'd like an answer on Araby.

I'm inclined to agree with this analysis. CA is tight-lipped about anything they think might be controversial, which is frustrating but a fairly typical response from a big company.

My guess is if we ever learn the reason Araby was not implemented (something more concrete than our own conjecture) it won't be for a long time, and will probably come in the form of an offhanded comment that implies something but doesn't really confirm it.
  • Ares354Ares354 Registered Users Posts: 4,292

@Patrunz

Do you even understand what he is talking about? He ask WHY this sorry Company removed Araby but give us V. Coast who never had any AB what so ever.

CA should say why they did it, simple as that. But that company doesn't treat us with respect
  • Federykx99Federykx99 Registered Users Posts: 562
    @ScreamimgEnvy
    Never did i imply araby was a certainty, my question was about communication and not chance of it getting added or not, really
  • LuciferLucifer Member England U.KRegistered Users Posts: 2,177
    I care not what they make and add to the game, be it flc, dlc, or well... just give me it, and take my money. >:)

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein
    Kislev - from darkness to light.19/3

My steam workshop - mods.
  • thebiglezthebiglez Registered Users Posts: 688
    i think they will be core race in WH3.
    How? WH3 map would expand south and east.
    @Draculasaurus Pretty much. Frankly I'm not particularly bothered at the "why" of it not being implemented if it never is. I'm sure there's a reason for it and that's fine. I'm more interested in what we are / are not getting.
    thebiglez said:

In the exact opposite direction away from Araby.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, Greater Demon of the Ogre Kingdoms, Teller of Truths, Enemy of Lies, Emperor of a lost Empire

• MalruirMalruir Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 378
    edited April 2019
    thebiglez said:

While i dont think Araby will be a core race, its possible that the wh3 map included the empire and all the way down to the southlands. That would give them the possibility for cross-over dlcs and would create space for the real chaos invasion.

Topic: We should wait if the new infromation blog they are currently working on will bring some decent insights about their future plans. Perhaps thats the reason for their silence. Until then, we can't do anything else, except to keep reminding them.
  • TayvarTayvar Registered Users Posts: 12,408
    CA might not want to have additional backlash, but there was strong hint for Araby not being added.
  • ErathilErathil Registered Users Posts: 1,214
    I have to admit, I would very much like a definite answer.

They've given us just enough information that it seems very, very unlikely that it would happen. But there's just enough wiggle room left that I would appreciate something more concrete to keep me from getting my hopes up.

I'm not sure why they wouldn't, but then again I don't really understand why companies keep such a close-lid on the development pipeline (ironically, Games Workshop itself is one of the worst with this. They have kept entire armies secret until a month or so before release).

It seems like they've left just enough wiggle room that Araby could maybe happen. It looks like a fair bit of the southern map was designed with the idea that Araby might come about some day, but that could have been idea already abandoned.
    Anyone have a link to where they said only lord packs from here on out?
  • DjauDjau Registered Users Posts: 8,591
    edited April 2019
    Ares354 said:

@Patrunz

Do you even understand what he is talking about? He ask WHY this sorry Company removed Araby but give us V. Coast who never had any AB what so ever.

CA should say why they did it, simple as that. But that company doesn't treat us with respect
    White Dwarf army lists still count. Just like how Araby had a Warmaster list.
    Albion would make the perfect Total War Warhammer 3 pre-order; with Hengus the Druid and Bran MacKerog as Legendary Lords.

We're paying full price for a Chaos Warrior of Tzeentch without any actual Tzeentch markings or changes to the model? Change this now CA, #JusticeForTzeentch #TLM
  • TayvarTayvar Registered Users Posts: 12,408
    edited April 2019

DoW and Araby were the only faction teased in a lot of videos. And no, "Dogbert's leak" does not count.
    Dogbert seems to had been joking, while the reference to Araby was more serious.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WMG/TotalWarWarhammerII
  • TalmoreanTalmorean Registered Users Posts: 1,487
    CA won't give a hard NO on any content.

Look at Naval warfare. They have said they are "not planning on implementing it at this time or in the foreseeable future."
    It's a NO* meaning they won't paint themselves into a corner if they don't have to.

We all no Naval Warfare isn't coming. CA knows it.

Same for Araby. They aren't saying No outright to leave the option open, but there's a really good chance it won't ever happen.

Tayvar said:

Dogbert seems to had been joking, while the reference to Araby was more serious.

I wouldn't trust anything from TVTropes.
    Patrunz said:

I don't have a link but here's the comment.

Forum Terms & Conditions

Tayvar said:

Patrunz said:

Now as an optimist this to me doesn’t mean that race packs are not coming, it just means my boy Gor-rok is on his way baby
  • Ares354Ares354 Registered Users Posts: 4,292
    Amonkhet said:

Ares354 said:

@Patrunz

White Dwarf army lists still count. Just like how Araby had a Warmaster list.
    Well DOW have AB. More then both. Kislev have AB, more then Norsca in game 1.
  • MalruirMalruir Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 378
    Patrunz said:

Tayvar said:

Patrunz said:

Now as an optimist this to me doesn’t mean that race packs are not coming, it just means my boy Gor-rok is on his way baby
    I thin this is a better source for your question:

https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/bbmezi/freelc_legendary_lord_tiktaqto_skill_array/el0x6pr/?context=3
    Malruir said:

Patrunz said:

Tayvar said:

Patrunz said:

I thin this is a better source for your question:

https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/bbmezi/freelc_legendary_lord_tiktaqto_skill_array/el0x6pr/?context=3
    Crushed
  • Lexen_RapierLexen_Rapier Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 262
    Surely it's the case that CA shouldn't announce Araby is definitely not coming, unless it's definitely not coming.

I.e. work on Total Warhammer has finished.

If the game continiues to sell well, and dlc continues to be bought, I'm sure GW and CA will continue to find things to sell us.

I mean I'm hoping (entirely unrealistically) that the trilogy does so well that TWW4 is made also. 4 could either be GW letting CA loose on the undesigned parts (Nippon, Ind, ect.) Or a combined game that brings about support for all the previous games and factions into a fully polished final.

(Although I am also keen to see what CA will do after Warhammer, I'm sure they'll look for another fantasy IP to create, rather than disband a good team).
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,984
    edited April 2019

I don't like their communication style either, except that I fully and whole heartedly reject it as a pathetic and unworthy thing and call on them to change.

Their communication style has been making me ever-more dissatisfied with them as a company and making my outlook on all of their products more gloomy.

Their communication style is, frankly, bad - and needs to change.

They should level at us and honestly - produce a road map.
  • dchip1dchip1 Registered Users Posts: 647
    Yeah I'm also bummed about the news and wish it wasnt a random Reddit comment.

They do some things very well ike the last Everchosen was great to watch and the patch notes have a lot of fun jokes and the trailers are generally awesome and at worst good. I think they just need to announce things on their website more then go post it to Reddit. I think a monthly blog that addresses or teases information about fan comments and Speculation is what's needed. Rn it seems like they just like responding to Reddit comments occasionally instead of really building a relationship with the community
  • ArecBalrinArecBalrin Registered Users Posts: 2,603
    I love that people are waking up to how ambigious and misleading CA's style of sharing information is.

Here's hoping that game 3 does not end up making game 2 obsolete in the same way game 1 was, when it turned out CA was not developing them all as part of the same production, but they still allowed the hype to build based on that.
  • Lexen_RapierLexen_Rapier Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 262
    edited April 2019

I love that people are waking up to how ambigious and misleading CA's style of sharing information is.

Here's hoping that game 3 does not end up making game 2 obsolete in the same way game 1 was, when it turned out CA was not developing them all as part of the same production, but they still allowed the hype to build based on that.

I don't feel like game 1 has been made obsolete.

I do think CA could have communicated their intentions better in terms of improving the old factions from game 1 though.

I'm really enjoying the Vampire counts in game 2 (mortal empires) more than I ever did in game 1 - they're definitely still on my favourite team list; but I still need to own game 1 to play them.

Blood Kiss is a cool mechanic; it works well.