Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Campaign mechanic reuse

uriakuriak Posts: 3,421Registered Users
edited April 22 in General Discussion
Okay time for a bit of fun suggestions for CA and modders in a single thread instead of faction specific topics
Which existing campaign mechanic could be reused in interesting way for other factions?

Basic examples :
TK item forging -> dwarf forge
Pirate cove -> under empire

Let's rename the general underempire/voce into "subcity"

Greenskins
Black arks/semi hordes = > waagh armies able to build and recruits fresh troop outside of the GS territory.
Norsca confederation => apply it to GS
Norsca technology => make GS unlock tech by sacking/taking important landmarks

Empire
Elven influence => influence between Empire provinces, and maybe a lesser verstion with "traditionnal allies" (Bretonnia, Dwarfs, TEB)
Skryre forge => smaller specific techs updates available when building specifi landmarks (Imperial college, Nuln artillery foundry, Krack of the blazing sun, etc)

High Elves
subcity => elven embassy : usable on friends, no hidden, provides small boost to relationship and other bonus

Lizardmen
doom rocket => apocalyptic magic, prepared by slaan by putting resources in advance and usable one in battle

Skaven
norsca hunt = > clan moulder hunt and capture of specific monsters to get boosts for their own bio horrors

No immediate idea for DE, WE, BM, TK, but let's get wild.

Comments

• ArsenicArsenic Posts: 4,732Registered Users
    The DE could get something along the lines of the Cult of Sotek's slave sacrifices?

Sacrifice a hefty number of slaves for a buff, item, or unit, with appropriate cash and public order penalties, perhaps growth too (no slaves, no manual work done, sort of thing..).
    "Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
  • uriakuriak Posts: 3,421Registered Users
    Well sacrificing slaves gives an immediate penalty = > less income.

• PancakesPancakes Posts: 377Registered Users
    The lizardmen should be able to call in space ships, like the doom rocket to blast away enemies.
    Of have a usable ability where spaceships fly in and save/ move an army out of harm's way.
    U know it's lore friendly, we're in the end times right
  • PixeldiktatorPixeldiktator Posts: 130Registered Users
    One mechanic that could be implemented for several races are the Pirate coves/under-empire cities, although I do think that it would hurt the uniqueness of the mechanic if too many races have it.

Chaos could establish cults in provinces, which would spread chaos corruption, maybe "corrupt" heroes/lords or spawn an army in form of a chaos uprising.

Vampire Counts could do something similar, although it would be kinda cool if such a mechanic would be reserved for Neferata and Lahmians if they will ever make it into the game.
  • DaGangsterDaGangster Junior Member Posts: 960Registered Users

One mechanic that could be implemented for several races are the Pirate coves/under-empire cities, although I do think that it would hurt the uniqueness of the mechanic if too many races have it.

Chaos could establish cults in provinces, which would spread chaos corruption, maybe "corrupt" heroes/lords or spawn an army in form of a chaos uprising.

Vampire Counts could do something similar, although it would be kinda cool if such a mechanic would be reserved for Neferata and Lahmians if they will ever make it into the game.

I think corruption covers these things pretty well now that the AI no longer gets a PO bonus. Corruption effects them much more.

Team Vampire Counts

"Many players cannot help approaching a game as an optimization puzzle. What gives the most reward for the least risk? What strategy provides the highest chance – or even a guaranteed chance – of success? Given the opportunity, players will optimize the fun out of a game."

- Soren Johnson
  • TayvarTayvar Posts: 10,597Registered Users

I think corruption covers these things pretty well now that the AI no longer gets a PO bonus. Corruption effects them much more.
    Maybe corruption covers these things well enough, but the Skaven have their own corruption as well.
  • RomeoRejectRomeoReject Posts: 522Registered Users
    Tayvar said:

Maybe corruption covers these things well enough, but the Skaven have their own corruption as well.
    Skaven Corruption strikes me as superfluous with the Under-City mechanic in place now, I'm with them: Corruption covers that mechanic pretty well thus far. The only thing I'd like to see is more powerful penalties for rebellions taking place.
  • uriakuriak Posts: 3,421Registered Users
    Well Skaven corruption covers both their infiltration and their own issues. I feel undercities don't cover just one clandestine action but a whole construction project which kinda fits them.

One thing I like about it is how it allows to build in a same location as someone else. I feel it could cover non clandestine things, such as trade posts, embassies, for the more cooperative factions. It could even reward a style of game that reward nurturing allies beyond the global trade. As I said, I feel it fits the HE lore the best.

About LM there has been quite a few calls about the geomantic web lacking interest. Maybe it could be expanded, but I'm not sure how. There is already a building slot used for it and the way you choose its local effects is clear.