Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Tiktaq'to: How to Expand on him

SeanJeanquoiSeanJeanquoi Registered Users Posts: 3,413
edited April 2019 in General Discussion
Like many of you, when he was first revealed I was skeptical of his inclusion, but I really like Tiktaq'to, his Position is great and he utilizes the Lizardmen roster in a unique way. However, he feels like he needs some tweaks.

(I've only just gotten into the new DLC so if I'm wrong about something let me know)

He himself has good buffs to Terradons and Rippers in his skill trees but that doesn't extend to other generals he recruits. Really, his buffs to the flying units shouldn't be hidden behind however many skill points it is in a tree that you can't even put points into until your level 10, They should be uniform faction buffs.

but Personally though, I think it should be a little more spacific: instead of giving every lord the flying unit buffs, only lords with a flying mount should get the buffs. This would make sense since, like tiktaq'to, the lords presence in the air, leading the flying teams would lead to better coordination and performance but it would also synergize nicely with his unique faction traits that has all Skink chiefs start with a Terradon mount.

Doing this would make his factions armies more unique, as he could have lords and heroes in the air on Terradons or Rippers focused on flying units and saurus or slaan lords on the ground focused on infantry, beasts etc. As it stands now, the only real unique thing about his faction is Tiktaq'to himself and the buffs he gives to his one army.

Also I think he and his other aerial generals should have a bonus to movement range for obvious reasons. Giving them a flat 5 or 10% boost would really drive home Tlaqua's more mobile playstyle in the campaign as well as on the battlefield.

Finally, another issue I find with him has been stated by many people: he only buffs two units. The problem is that, as far as I know, the Lizardmen don't really have more flying units in their roster aside from the Coatl.

So I want to throw it over to you, what do you think? What units could they add to add depth to his playstyle and is there anything else they could change to make him better?
Post edited by SeanJeanquoi on

Comments

• YaafmYaafm Registered Users Posts: 1,276
    edited April 2019
    Three Kingdoms forum friend, sorry bout that.

Edit: See another person, I think there is a screwy link because many have shown up lately.
  • SeanJeanquoiSeanJeanquoi Registered Users Posts: 3,413
    Like many of you, when he was first revealed I was skeptical of his inclusion, but I really like Tiktaq'to, his Position is great and he utilizes the Lizardmen roster in a unique way. However, he feels like he needs some tweaks.

(I've only just gotten into the new DLC so if I'm wrong about something let me know)

He himself has good buffs to Terradons and Rippers in his skill trees but that doesn't extend to other generals he recruits. Really, his buffs to the flying units shouldn't be hidden behind however many skill points it is in a tree that you can't even put points into until your level 10, They should be uniform faction buffs.

but Personally though, I think it should be a little more spacific: instead of giving every lord the flying unit buffs, only lords with a flying mount should get the buffs. This would make sense since, like tiktaq'to, the lords presence in the air, leading the flying teams would lead to better coordination and performance but it would also synergize nicely with his unique faction traits that has all Skink chiefs start with a Terradon mount.

Doing this would make his factions armies more unique, as he could have lords and heroes in the air on Terradons or Rippers focused on flying units and saurus or slaan lords on the ground focused on infantry, beasts etc. As it stands now, the only real unique thing about his faction is Tiktaq'to himself and the buffs he gives to his one army.

Also I think he and his other aerial generals should have a bonus to movement range for obvious reasons. Giving them a flat 5 or 10% boost would really drive home Tlaqua's more mobile playstyle in the campaign as well as on the battlefield.

On the campaign side of things, having your two main enemies at the beginning of the campaign be minor factions from the first game means you just walk all over them without much competition. (And am I right in saying minor factions from the first game in Vortex are still neutered?!). I think that atleast one of the lord's we get in the final DLC packs should be placed in the Southland's (like an empire lord in sudenburg). Not just for the sake of Tiktaq'to's campaign but also to make this area a bit more populated since it's the least crowded continent on the map, and to give CA an excuse to push the map south a bit so it's not just one big mess.

Finally, another issue I find with him has been stated by many people: he only buffs two units. The problem is that, as far as I know, the Lizardmen don't really have more flying units in their roster aside from the Coatl.

So I want to throw it over to you, what do you think? What units could they add to add depth to his playstyle and is there anything else they could change to make him better?
  • mitthrawnuruodomitthrawnuruodo Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,972
    Make a plush toy. Seems appropriate given the audience age group.

Or may be give his faction a minigame, something involving drawing x's and o's on a 9x9 grid..... On second thought, that might be too complex for the playerbase.

(Sorry couldn't help myself :tongue: . Know that I have 100 hrs in TWWH2 as well.)
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,972
    He's fine.

Terradons just need a buff. They're too sucky at everything to be good at anything.

They got a lil more mass I think, cuz it seems like they scatter folks better.

But I think that's all they got.

They're like baby hawk riders with none of the advantages. Their rocks aren't even particularly great. I used to use the fireleech ones against undead...

...but now I'd rather take a unit of Salamanders.
  • Sir_GodspeedSir_Godspeed Registered Users Posts: 3,410
    I still think he should get a unique type of Ripperdactyl.
  • BereaverBereaver Registered Users Posts: 918
    Itharus said:

He's fine.

Terradons just need a buff. They're too sucky at everything to be good at anything.

They got a lil more mass I think, cuz it seems like they scatter folks better.

But I think that's all they got.

They're like baby hawk riders with none of the advantages. Their rocks aren't even particularly great. I used to use the fireleech ones against undead...

...but now I'd rather take a unit of Salamanders.

All of Tlaqua armies get additional bombarding abilities for Terradon Riders. They are really strong bombardment abilities which can delete half of health of almost any unit. AI is helpless against it, it can delete half of the Chaos Chosen stack before the fight even begins, Sisters of Avelorn and other archer units are helpless agains flyers above their head, only skrimishers like Gutter runners can do something, but you've got Ripperdactyles/Cold ones for that. Massed Terradon Riders are overpowered in the campaign. I use at least 8 Terradon Riders in each of my armies whil playing Legendary difficulty on Ultra size only, and it is the easiest Vortex campaign I've ever had! Tiqtaq'to campaign buffs are insane.
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,972
    Well, I didnt know Tlaq got moar bombs. I was talking about stock terradons.
  • waristotlewaristotle Registered Users Posts: 17
    edited April 2019
    As a side note (I have not played the campaign for him yet), I think it would be nice if they gave Tiktaq'to a special banner and a different faction name. Call his faction something like "Master of the Skies" and make his banner something other than the strange orange thing he has... give him something like a hieroglyph terradon on his banner? Just a small thing to make him more in line with the other LM LL.
    Post edited by waristotle on
  • yukishiro1yukishiro1 Member Registered Users Posts: 511
    The added bomb TTT's terradons get is honestly overpowered, but the units completely suck otherwise. A one-use very powerful ability is a poor way to balance units. It'd be nice if they could find a way to make terradon riders useful aside from the 1 second out of every battle when they get to blow something up.
  • dchip1dchip1 Registered Users Posts: 647
    I'm doing a TTT ME campaign now...p boring. Terradons still don't feel strong at all, I guess I was expecting more since he only buffs two units. His campaign is boring because you're at the bottom of a map so it's easy to just slowly expand and fortify everything. I've mainly just fought TK armies at turn 120+ like I destroyed Queek, Sudenberg, and had a brief war with the Oreon's Boeman but mainly it's just been smashing skeletons with dinos. He's a cool idea and I like his upgraded rocks but he just feels very low effort overall. I like the character and idea, I just wish he had another flying unit or terradons get a big buff
  • BereaverBereaver Registered Users Posts: 918
    dchip1 said:

I'm doing a TTT ME campaign now...p boring. Terradons still don't feel strong at all, I guess I was expecting more since he only buffs two units. His campaign is boring because you're at the bottom of a map so it's easy to just slowly expand and fortify everything. I've mainly just fought TK armies at turn 120+ like I destroyed Queek, Sudenberg, and had a brief war with the Oreon's Boeman but mainly it's just been smashing skeletons with dinos. He's a cool idea and I like his upgraded rocks but he just feels very low effort overall. I like the character and idea, I just wish he had another flying unit or terradons get a big buff

ME Tlaqua starting position is indeed very boring, but Vortex is a blast! You've got Empire and Greenskins to fight right from the start, you can take Tor Elasor and Skaven early if you want and leave Tomb Kings alone if you want, you have enough of space to expand in jungles without going to desert.

I feel that Terradons are awesome. They can decimate whole enemy stack leaving rest of your army to deal with leftovers, while Fireleech bolas put even more pressure on any multiple entities units remaining and normal ones can deal with artillery and deal enough damage to monsters/singly entity units. I have almost no casualties while playing Terradon heavy armies cause any ranged AI has are evaporated during first 30 seconds of battle and air is uncontested with Skink Chief/Ripperdactyl thrown along. Also, by the merit of being flying units they are always good for messing with AI backline like dealing with artillery or chasing routing units. It is true that you still need to have some usual units like Dinos/Saurus/Cold Ones to dish out some damage on land late game, but Terradon Riders can evaporate early game armies by themselves and are amazing support unit lategame.
  • Arcani_4_EverArcani_4_Ever Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,754
    Terradons and Ryperdactyls are garbage.

And i feel one of the main reasons they are garbage is due to their small number size.

Lets compare the unit size of other flyers.

Terradons and Ryperdactyls should be the same size of Vargheists.
  • Bogdanov89Bogdanov89 Registered Users Posts: 1,103
    I dont like that you have to select a specific campaign lord and level him up just to make Pteradons not complete garbage.

It makes Pteradons suck in custom/MP battles and it makes Pteras suck for every other LM faction which is awful design.
    Check out the Community Bug Fix Mod on the Steam Workshop.
  • dchip1dchip1 Registered Users Posts: 647

I dont like that you have to select a specific campaign lord and level him up just to make Pteradons not complete garbage.

It makes Pteradons suck in custom/MP battles and it makes Pteras suck for every other LM faction which is awful design.

I wish they either did way more damage or were way more tanky just on the base level then TTT could really make them shine.
  • BoombastekBoombastek Registered Users Posts: 2,132

On the campaign side of things, having your two main enemies at the beginning of the campaign be minor factions from the first game means you just walk all over them without much competition. (And am I right in saying minor factions from the first game in Vortex are still neutered?!). I think that atleast one of the lord's we get in the final DLC packs should be placed in the Southland's (like an empire lord in sudenburg). Not just for the sake of Tiktaq'to's campaign but also to make this area a bit more populated since it's the least crowded continent on the map, and to give CA an excuse to push the map south a bit so it's not just one big mess.

Fly units?

Lol for him best units is Ancient stegadon.

Ancient stegadon had 26 MA.

But tik tac buff +10 MA when fight on enemy territory and +5 MA when attacking.

Tic tak number one unit is Ancient stegadon. It even not had discussion.
  • NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 12,844
    edited April 2019

Terradons and Ryperdactyls are garbage.

And i feel one of the main reasons they are garbage is due to their small number size.

Lets compare the unit size of other flyers.

Terradons and Ryperdactyls should be the same size of Vargheists.

Huh ? They are absolutely not garbage, ripperdactyles are very strong actually. And even the Terradon are decent with TTT.
    #JusticeForTzeentch
    #JusticeForMonogods

• takilung31takilung31 Registered Users Posts: 1,386
    Welcome to 3K, enjoy your stay

• gunner8521gunner8521 Registered Users Posts: 488
    If we get any more lizardmen lords, We need one that buffs the lizardmen's main strength. Dinos. tons and tons of Dinos.
  • DraculasaurusDraculasaurus Registered Users Posts: 4,771
    The main thing that would improve TTT's airforce is the addition of a Coatl.
  • HelhoundHelhound Registered Users Posts: 4,900
    PdcGunner said:

If we get any more lizardmen lords, We need one that buffs the lizardmen's main strength. Dinos. tons and tons of Dinos.

We already do. Kroq-Gar has a metric ton of buffs for his army. Seriously the list is as long as the entire Empire buff list combined and about as strong. And while he only has one faction buff, 10% upkeep reduction, that **** will never not be useful.

It's easy to wrap up Kroq-Gar then, as a Saurus commander. After all, he makes them borderline free, Saurus and Cold/Horned ones alike. You got some options with him. But, upkeep reduction isn't that a big of a buff once you get the ball rolling. He doesn't help them fight better. It's more there to help his early game.

You know who he does make fight better? Dinos. All of them. 20 Armor buff for every single dino in his army is nothing to sneeze at. Especially considering how high their armor naturally is. Kroq-Gar is easily at his best at the front of an entire dino only goon squad. 20 single entity monstrosities led by Grymloq and Kroq-Gar.

That's part of the reason I said we needed Gor-Rok. Unlike Kroq-Gar, he would actually boost the Saurus under his control instead of just making them cheaper.
  • ThomassiniThomassini Registered Users Posts: 1,151

Make a plush toy. Seems appropriate given the audience age group.

Or may be give his faction a minigame, something involving drawing x's and o's on a 9x9 grid..... On second thought, that might be too complex for the playerbase.

(Sorry couldn't help myself :tongue: . Know that I have 100 hrs in TWWH2 as well.)

I’d buy plush Tiktaq’to and I’m way into my adult life.

o:)