Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

In ProgressCant launch the game Patch 1.6.0 graphics drivers updated

masterstoner99masterstoner99 Posts: 6Registered Users
edited April 25 in Crashes
Hey so for some reason I can't load the game anymore just a few days ago it started fine even with the new patch 1.60. Just updated my graphics driver as well. Hope someone can help.

Post edited by CA_Nate on

Comments

• CA_NateCA_Nate Creative Assembly Posts: 1,036Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
    Hi @masterstoner99

Could you see if deleting the Launcher Folder located in appdata: C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly works.

Kind regards,

CA_Nate
    Forum Terms & Conditions

Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • masterstoner99masterstoner99 Posts: 6Registered Users
    edited April 27
    Hey, @CA_Nate I have tried this and nothing all I get is the launcher and when I press play on the launcher I get nothing. In steam it says running and then after while just nothing. Does not even show up as running on the task manager. Just did a complete reinstall still the same problem.
    Post edited by masterstoner99 on
    Hey @CA_Nate I was wondering if you had any more tips?
  • FaddenFadden Posts: 2Registered Users
    Same problem
  • CA_NateCA_Nate Creative Assembly Posts: 1,036Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
    Hi All,

Could you please provide us with your "Launcher_Log" files. These can be located here:

DRIVE:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War WARHAMMER II\launcher

Kind Regards,

CA_Nate
    Forum Terms & Conditions

Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
    Hey, @CA_Nate do u want all the files from that folder because I don't see any file named Launcher_log?
  • prodive44prodive44 Posts: 1Registered Users
    Hi Masterstoner99, I was having the same problems as yourself the last few days, I have just been able to get the game to work. I give the process I did and maybe it help you: first deleted all mods {unsubscribe}, delete the launcher from your user files, go into your main game folder make sure no mods are in data folder, deleted gemfx if you have it, and then I deleted all files except for data folder and _CommonRedist. Then verify though steam (don’t upload load any mods). That got the base game working. Note: I have not tested with mods yet.
    Hope that helps friend.

• FaddenFadden Posts: 2Registered Users
    Hey @prodive44 I did what u explain in your post and it worked I got the game to launch again cheers mate. Are u a diver by any chance?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file