Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Enough is Enough!

GuTaiYPGuTaiYP Registered Users Posts: 288
I would like to begin my letter with 'Dear CA..' , but well, no!

Though was being always a loyal fan of the Total War games, something dramatically changed for me after the Warhammer series. Cut the long short; everything is fine but the bugs! Enough is enough already, CA! Stop annoying us with these stupid bugs, let us have some peace while playing! Do hire some more software engineers, charge us some more money for the stuff but DO make a flawless game regarding bugs! I know it is difficult to maintain a game with huge content like Warhammer, yet, dont we fans deserve some smooth gaming?

You devs even updated an update (festag) itself and then posted it in your blog in favor of advertising. The irony there was really bitter infact..

The latest update, Doomsayer, still as bugs within such as Jezzails projectile long range issue and others.

All in all, regardless you, CA, take it as an order or a humble request from a fan, DO release a hotfix immediately for the known issues so far or, or, or, I'm sure with whole my heart that you will experience a similiar fatal blow with WH3 just as how EA did with BFV. They didn't listen to the cries of players and they got what they long deserved for. Sincerely hope you won't.

Thanks.
Some people are not known for questioning the things they've paid for. Is it a virtue one must have in Modern Times?

Comments

• HerrickHerrick Registered Users Posts: 223
    Hmmm i haven't experienced any bugs.
    Can you be more specific about when check bugs?
  • BronzebeardBronzebeard Registered Users Posts: 310
    I experience some minor bugs from time to time in WH2, but it dosent compare to earlyer titles. Medieval 2 was terrible, with crashes after every other battle and Rome 2 was not great either I hear...

I feel CAs releases are more stable now, although they are nowhere near perfect. Maybe we players have gotten more demanding?
  • DarkLordDDarkLordD Registered Users Posts: 2,455
    So far for me no bugs yes (fingers crossed !) but I do play with LM ! don't know if Skaven will have some.

But overall, the bug fixing has been a HUGE weight on C.A. especially in this warhammer series. I agree they need to invest more time in there, and FASTER fixes. Remember we missed out on 3 of the 4 CORE mechanics because the blessed spawnings didnt work, same as loyalty ?

Thats unacceptable, that CAN"T happen again.
    Dark Lord D the Fearsome (I) ~~~ First Dark Lord of the Old World.

--~~ let them hate me as long as they fear me ------------------------- Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus, Roman Emperor
  • DenlohDenloh Registered Users Posts: 27
    edited April 2019
    or at least a little more communication in these forums here

would be nice if the community knows that the CA staff knows about the bugs like for example empire ruins or jezzails.

Just something like "Whops sorry guys! We are working on a hotfix right now!"
  • MalagoruMalagoru Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 487
    I fully agree on that topic. Every dlc release is riddled with bugs and we have to beta test it. But this update was too buggy, even for CA. It was Bethesda lvl buggy. Empire ruins bug rly? How hard it was for them to notice it? :|
  • Bogdanov89Bogdanov89 Registered Users Posts: 906
    for those clueless about bugs just check the Community Bug Fix mod and see just some of the bugs currently found in the game.

you can bet sigmars ass there are tons more.
    Check out the Community Bug Fix Mod on the Steam Workshop.
  • Warlord_Lu_BuWarlord_Lu_Bu Registered Users Posts: 2,405
    ... In modern times... a game without bugs is IMPOSSIBLE! Insectoids shall rule the coding world forever!
    "I am the punishment of Tengri, if you had not sinned, he would not have sent me against you." - Chenghis Khan Temujin
  • wunderb0rwunderb0r Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 643
    Are you a Karen?
  • SchepelSchepel Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,530
    Meanwhile, I am playing the game. Nothing game breaking or fun destroying, so far.

Obviously, CA ought to fix any and all bugs. However, shall we keep the drama to a minimum, perhaps?
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 21,114
    It's a game, it has bugs. Such is the nature things.

I've played the game so far quite fine, I've had a couple crashes to desktop but nothing actually noteworthy outside of that. CA have done a good job of reducing the bugs.
    Thanks CA for working with Epic Games to give us Troy for free!
  • arghozarghoz Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 337
    edited April 2019
    Anyone experience the game freezing/crashing when alt-tubbed during AI turns? I have gotten this a few times after last DLC/patch but never before
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 8,929
    edited April 2019
    arghoz said:

Anyone experience the game freezing/crashing when alt-tubbed during AI turns? I have gotten this a few times after last DLC/patch but never before

Once. And I alt tab between every turn. Sometimes multiple times a turn because I return to see a diplomacy screen. So I've alt tabbed at least 300 times. Probably closer to 400-500 times taking into account double alt tabbing during turns.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • AwesomeLionAwesomeLion Member Registered Users Posts: 1,226
    edited April 2019
    The bigger the game the more bugs you will get. Warhammer is an ambitious undertaking and a lot of bugs will show up on different hardware, different conditions, etc. that might be impossible to predict. At some point it becomes fiscally irresponsible to keep a workforce looking for bugs where there may or may not be any.

I would prefer a bug free game like everyone else, but I have realistic expectations. Just hiring more and more people to make sure there aren't any bugs is not a viable solution. Closed and/or open testing might be a better option, but I don't think that's how CA runs things.
    Total War: Warhammer <3
  • GingerRoeBroGingerRoeBro Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,041
    Yes.
    There is one that should have been hotfixed as soon as possible.
    The cult of sotek blood shrine bug is gamebreaking.
    Bigger Budget for game 3?

They're gonna need it for all of the monogod glory.
    Which will be the "4 distinct gods representing the different aspects of Chaos such as Khorne, Slaanesh, Tzeentch, and Nurgle." :blush: ^CA quote

Thank you CA for seeing them as what they truly are.
    Let the Games Begin!
    https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/The_Great_Game
  • BonutzBonutz Registered Users Posts: 2,640
    Every video game has bugs. It’s just the way it is. When you’re a dev team dealing with hundreds of THOUSANDS of lines of code, it’s near impossible to iron it out completely. I’ve been a developer for 6 years now so I’ve been around enough code to know.

I do agree however that there are some pretty large bugs that shouldn’t have slipped under the radar. The Jezzails bug, all the Empire settlements looking like ruins, gates opening during sieges etc. I believe these will get fixed in time.

All in all, I’d say this is a great game with its share of bugs, but nothing game breaking.
  • DarkLordOfDarknessDarkLordOfDarkness Registered Users Posts: 244
    I'm just sitting here, waiting for this thread to get moved to Rants and raves section
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,990
    wunderb0r said:

Are you a Karen?

What's that even mean... and careful, you might be libeling Karens the world over.
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 14,347
    Itharus said:

wunderb0r said:

Are you a Karen?

What's that even mean... and careful, you might be libeling Karens the world over.
    I too am very interested. Though I have heard the term before, I'd rather hear from the proverbial horse's mouth.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 3,508

I experience some minor bugs from time to time in WH2, but it dosent compare to earlyer titles. Medieval 2 was terrible, with crashes after every other battle and Rome 2 was not great either I hear...

I feel CAs releases are more stable now, although they are nowhere near perfect. Maybe we players have gotten more demanding?

If i am more demanding wanting a product that´s not faulty on release, wanting a product that´s not faulty in the same degree for months on end, wanting a product that does not introduce new major/immersive breaking bugs with every new DLC added, wanting a product that don´t reintroduce old bugs on a regular basis, wanting a product where some bugs don´t get left to roam free in game for YEARS yes...Yes then call me demanding, and i´m proud to be so, because that lack of willingness/capability to deliver a polished product is just gods damn awful........My number ONE wish for these games, CA releases in general is that they start to put down the resources it god damn require to deliver us...the customers a polished product and not this endless stream of bloody bugs
  • BringtehBloodBringtehBlood Registered Users Posts: 97
    Itharus said:

wunderb0r said:

Are you a Karen?

Itharus , the whole world has been labelling Karen’s the world over for years.

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 21,114
    Itharus said:

wunderb0r said:

Are you a Karen?

Apparently it's referencing middle aged women who complain to the manager all the time.
    Thanks CA for working with Epic Games to give us Troy for free!
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,990

Itharus said:

wunderb0r said:

Are you a Karen?

Apparently it's referencing middle aged women who complain to the manager all the time.
    O_o

Wtf?
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 20,328
    Folks, get back on topic or the thread will be closed.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
  • uriakuriak Registered Users Posts: 3,421
    While most of them are barely noticeable (sometimes people won't see that tech X doesn't apply to some units etc) we should say something about the fact that some of them are the kinds of bugs you see by opening a character skills once, same for the empire ruints, a simple campaign launch would spot it.

Which infers a couple things, both worrying, either :
    they don't even do those final basics tests
    or they spot these bugs and don't care/fix them.

The same things keeps coming again and again, people ask for more units, other complain about bugs. Some modders fix stuff which means that most bugs can be shurgged off (but a few persistent ones, AR weridness, the infamous reinforcement direction etc) CA seems to be pumping out content with the minimum resources required, and their patching with dlc policy means they take us for granted.
    As there is no real alternative for this warhammer content, they aren't wrong, but that stinks.