Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Game 3 DLC, The daemons of one of the 4 chaos god will be the theme of a lord pack. Which one?

2»

Comments

• DraxynnicDraxynnic Posts: 5,837Registered Users
    Redoing the Chaos invasion - but doing it properly this time - would probably be more satisfying for most than Chaos infighting.

There are also more candidates for all of the races under consideration than you claim, even if some are a bit obscure. Mind you, the only reason there are so many Chaos characters is because apart from Archaon none of them had any real traction: GW tossed out the Chaos dramatis personae and started anew every edition or two.
  • BaronRodneyBaronRodney Posts: 632Registered Users
    I think the most likely solution to the starting races dilemma is that the game will release with three races, Ogres, C. Dwarfs and Chaos but Chaos will have four LL instead of two.

Perhaps this lack of content could be made up by making Chaos especially detailed. Perhaps giving them some aspect of the chaos realm or an invasion mechanic.
  • LabriaLabria Posts: 511Registered Users
    edited April 28
    I think Nurgle or Tzeentch will be in lord pack.
    But Monogods are everywhere in this forum. :#
    We have two main groups on this forum. One group want four chaos gods races in game 3. Second group want one human races, Ogre Kingdoms, Chaos Dwarfs and Daemons of Chaos.
    But who know, maybe CA will make compromis and add Khorne, Slaanesh, Tzeench, Nurgle, Ogre Kingdoms, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev and DoW. Four monogods races from start are bad idea, but they can do something like this:

Slaanesh will be preoder race with two LLs, playable only in game 3.

Base races in game 3:
    1. Khorne
    2. Chaos Dwarfs
    3. Ogre Kingdoms
    4. Dogs o War or Kislev
    Campaign packs will be:
    1. Tzeench
    2. Dogs o War or Kislev
    3. Nurgle
    They can make Great Game in Chaos Wastes for chaos gods races but Ogre Kingdoms and other race can have own plot.
    Monogods fan will have two gods races from start. Other people will also have something to play. I think this would be best for both groups. :D
  • GerardofthetitanGerardofthetitan Posts: 433Registered Users
    Ugh...DoC without Khorne/Nurgle units and everything else...disgusting. No god warriors, no god beastmen, no missing units from WoC, no updates and now this?
    God save CA if they will do the poor and miserable DoC-only instead of Monogods.

• GoatforceGoatforce Posts: 3,108Registered Users

Ugh...DoC without Khorne/Nurgle units and everything else...disgusting. No god warriors, no god beastmen, no missing units from WoC, no updates and now this?
    God save CA if they will do the poor and miserable DoC-only instead of Monogods.

DoC first, they have said the're going by 8th ed. Armybooks, Monogods as DLC, we will get the best of both worlds hopefully.
    Labria said:

I think Nurgle or Tzeentch will be in lord pack.
    But Monogods are everywhere in this forum. :#
    We have two main groups on this forum. One group want four chaos gods races in game 3. Second group want one human races, Ogre Kingdoms, Chaos Dwarfs and Daemons of Chaos.
    But who know, maybe CA will make compromis and add Khorne, Slaanesh, Tzeench, Nurgle, Ogre Kingdoms, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev and DoW. Four monogods races from start are bad idea, but they can do something like this:

Slaanesh will be preoder race with two LLs, playable only in game 3.

Base races in game 3:

1. Khorne
    2. Chaos Dwarfs
    3. Ogre Kingdoms
    4. Dogs o War or Kislev
    Campaign packs will be:
    1. Tzeench
    2. Dogs o War or Kislev
    3. Nurgle
    They can make Great Game in Chaos Wastes for chaos gods races but Ogre Kingdoms and other race can have own plot.
    Monogods fan will have two gods races from start. Other people will also have something to play. I think this would be best for both groups. :D
    Not sure there are many who want game 3's launch to be all Monos, it kinda woldn't make sense - we would have to get the Darklands to fit OK and CDs but the vast majority of them would be devoid of their unique races becase they hadn't been added in yet. I mean I'm all for lots of Chaos but that is both a little much and very restrctive in terms of variety.

I've seen, and suggested, some starter-Mono compromises before. My thought on it is have 2 Monos at the start (Slaanesh and Khorne) then add the other 2 via DLC. If there is only 1 though I would say Slaanesh, as his hints suggest he will be the primary antagonist of 3, and the epilogues suggest he is acting after the Vortex events - so chronologically woldn't work to have him in game 2.

Can't wait for 3's announce, so we finally actually know what we are getting! Game 3 is the biggest mystery in the entire series!
  • Ares354Ares354 Posts: 1,963Registered Users
    Abmong said:

Draxynnic said:

Abmong said:

Kislev and DoW are pipe dreams for WH3. They don't have any lands that are likey to be on the WH3 Campaign map. CA didn't reuse any lands featured in WH1 on WH2 Vortex. Unlikely they will do so for WH3, especially since there are loads of lands left from the WH lore that hasn't been featured yet.

Western Norsca and Southern Badlands.

It's also something of an assumption that the game 3 map won't include some or even all of the Old World. It'd give Chaos a target to invade, and the Dark Lands and Mountains of Mourne don't represent as much real estate as the Vortex map (which technically covers about half of the world as a whole).

But then you still have the issue of CA would use for LPs if each core factions launch with 2 LLs each like they did in WH1 and WH2. 2 LL launch... That's Kislev done already... DoW has like 3 LLs

Borgio the Besieger
    Lucrezzia Belladonna
    Lorenzo Lupo
    Marco Colombo (if CA stretches lore an somehow his still alive...)

None of which ever fought against or had anything to do with Chaos, Chaos Dwarfs or Ogre Kingdoms...

Chaos Gods' "Royal Rumble" is the only story that makes any sense for the Core Campaign and that invariably means (unfortunate for some) 4 Monogod core factions. Unless CA does "End Times" for WH3 campaign story. I'm sure I read somewhere they said they weren't going to do "End Times" in TW.
    ofc CA cant add Kislev character but can V.Coast. fair isint it ?
  • AbmongAbmong Posts: 1,022Registered Users
    Ares354 said:

ofc CA cant add Kislev character but can V.Coast. fair isint it ?

Yeah but how well did that OC go down...
    Total War: Warhammer IV - Cathay, Ind, Nippon, Khuresh (+ Lost Vampire Bloodlines, Monkey kingdom DLC) :#
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 16,454Registered Users
    DoW has far more than 3 choices. And Kislev has far more than 2 characters. That's completely off topic though, this topic is about who would be the DoC LP LL.

My choice is Nurgle and Ku'Gath.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • AbmongAbmong Posts: 1,022Registered Users

DoW has far more than 3 choices. And Kislev has far more than 2 characters. That's completely off topic though, this topic is about who would be the DoC LP LL.

My choice is Nurgle and Ku'Gath.

You can’t just say that and not give examples...
    Total War: Warhammer IV - Cathay, Ind, Nippon, Khuresh (+ Lost Vampire Bloodlines, Monkey kingdom DLC) :#