Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

GoT & WH2 - The Long Night ~ easiest way to win that battle

Gotrek_BeastslayerGotrek_Beastslayer Posts: 1,335Registered Users

Phase 1 ~ having a good plan:

Phase 2 ~ relax and enjoy the slaughterfest:

Phase 3 ~ don't forget the post credits scene:

---> and what about your plans?

WH Novels:

- Vampire Wars: The Von Carstein Trilogy: 10/10
- Gilead's Blood: 8/10
- Riders of the Dead: 9/10
- Empire in Chaos: 9/10
- Mark of Damnation: 7.5/10
- Mark of Heresy: 7/10
- G&F: Trollslayer: 6.5/10
- G&F: Skavenslayer: 9.5/10
- G&F: Daemonslayer: 10/10
- G&F: Dragonslayer: 8/10
- G&F: Beastslayer: 8.5/10
- G&F: Vampireslayer: 7/10
- G&F: Giantslayer: 7.5/10
- The Chronicles of Malus Darkblade vol. one: 8.5/10
- Drachenfels: 6.5/10
- Genevìeve Undead: 7.5/10
- Silver Nails: 9.5/10
Tagged:

Comments

• CaffynatedCaffynated Member Posts: 1,093Registered Users
  • GodWillTellGodWillTell Posts: 697Registered Users
    Plot twist: this was Bran's plan for all the time, but.......

LMAO the Night King's face!

#FORGHORGON
  • ScreamimgEnvyScreamimgEnvy Posts: 339Registered Users
    You know, the fun part is that...it's all true. Meanwhile my interest in Nagash is increased. CA, for the 4th Legion of Nagash LL, please, create a Night King-like character, like Cylostra (but way better).

1- Nagash

2- Neferata

3- Drachenfels

4- Night King

Dream Team.
    Team Monogods - Team Nurgle

• iceniiicenii Senior Member The PhilippinesPosts: 1,371Registered Users
    The easiest way to win a battle is to never fight it in the first place.
    I cannot force you to believe the truth but i can allow you to believe a lie. Quote by me " Icenii ".
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Posts: 5,835Registered Users

You know, the fun part is that...it's all true. Meanwhile my interest in Nagash is increased. CA, for the 4th Legion of Nagash LL, please, create a Night King-like character, like Cylostra (but way better).

1- Nagash

2- Neferata

3- Drachenfels

4- Night King

Dream Team.

You want a character that takes 8 years to build and 8 seconds to kill? I don't think it is a good deal.
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• arghozarghoz Junior Member Posts: 309Registered Users
    edited May 2019
    Its dissapointing how they turned the entire show into a "girl power"-fest. Bran just sitting there useless, Jon Snow running around also being useless. They should have done something interesting with Bran. It feels like they made the ending that way just to show of how "cool" Arya is. A much better ending would be if some of the other white walkers actually killed some characters instead of just standing there, meanwhile Jon Snow and Arya together duelled the Night king + have Bran do something with his powers.
    Sending out the Dothraki was also a weird move, it would have made more sense to use them as a flanking force coming behind the night king. And using oil+fire from the walls + larger ditches.. They could basically have stayed at the walls, waiting for the zombies to blob at the ditches and then use dragons to melt them. If night king came near to try stop the dragons you could snipe him with archers with dragonglass arrows.

After the author went out of the picture it has sadly gotten more and more cliché hollywood, fanservice and lower quality by every season.
  • ScreamimgEnvyScreamimgEnvy Posts: 339Registered Users

1- Nagash

2- Neferata

3- Drachenfels

4- Night King

Dream Team.

You want a character that takes 8 years to build and 8 seconds to kill? I don't think it is a good deal.
    Yes, since there are no little ninja girls in WH. Unless CA will add Nippon with ninja loli...then yes, Night King is screwed.
    Team Monogods - Team Nurgle

• uriakuriak Posts: 3,421Registered Users
    Ha the ghorgon meme is back ^^

TBH were it to be released, it would likely be underwhelming. You would get a necrosphinx bis, which would be nice for the BM themselves, but you'd unlikely to met one in battle anyway. (CA has the bad habit to not retroactively incorporate DLC units into existing scripted armies)
  • rymeintrinsecarymeintrinseca Posts: 664Registered Users
    How to actually win the battle WH2 style:

Arya has 150 melee defence, 99% ward save and 200 plot armour. So send her up to the gap in the wall at Eastwatch to solo the entire enemy army as it comes through.

When the Night King QQs that you're abusing the mechanics, send the Dothraki horse archers up to the wall and kite the dead all the way from there back to Winterfell.

Night King disintegrates from army losses.

1- Nagash

2- Neferata

3- Drachenfels

4- Night King

Dream Team.

Yes, since there are no little ninja girls in WH. Unless CA will add Nippon with ninja loli...then yes, Night King is screwed.
    Slann with daggers. Never doubt them.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• abkuzaabkuza Posts: 1Registered Users
    To win the battle you need to fight with strategy
  • RikisRikis Posts: 1,244Registered Users
    edited May 2019

1- Nagash

2- Neferata

3- Drachenfels

4- Night King

Dream Team.

Slann with daggers. Never doubt them.
    Just send Manfred to help the nightking out. He'll backstab him for some reason eventually and problem solved!
  • SteppelordSteppelord Junior Member Posts: 2,231Registered Users
    No the easiest way is keep all your men on the walls, set the trench in fire soon as they get there, wait, then when they're all on the walls pull a pelennor fields on them and hit them from the rear, and hit them with dragonfire as they scale the wall. It's literally siege of minas tirith but with aerial advantage with the good guys.
  • GoatforceGoatforce Posts: 3,385Registered Users
    abkuza said:

To win the battle you need to fight with strategy

HBO knows not of what you speak.
  • TayvarTayvar Posts: 10,640Registered Users
    edited May 2019

1- Nagash

2- Neferata

3- Drachenfels

4- Night King

Dream Team.

Nagash had been killed multiple times and he keep coming back, dying is not a big deal for Nagash, and luckily for Nagash his lieutenants don't die after his death, like an lesser undead.
    Tayvar said:

1- Nagash

2- Neferata

3- Drachenfels

4- Night King

Dream Team.

Nagash had been killed multiple times and he keep coming back, dying is not a big deal for Nagash, and luckily for Nagash his lieutenants don't die after his death, like an lesser undead.
    I meant the Night King like character part. Nagash is a good man-thing-skeleton.

• CrossilCrossil Posts: 5,412Registered Users
    edited May 2019
    I honestly think the Dread King and Morgan Bernhardt would be good LLs for Nagash's Legions and DoW/SR. Would add another rivalry to the game, if nothing else.
    UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT