Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

4 players in Campaign or Multiplayer in leagues.

migueljr98migueljr98 Registered Users Posts: 12
edited May 2019 in Multiplayer
It seems to me that these 2 simple mechanics would help to enrich the game because to play with a friend a campaign and leave the other comlgados without being able to play with others is very fateful. The slowness of the shifts is not a problem as long as I can play with my amigos.Y put leagues like bronze gold silver would enrich the competitiveness of the game.

Comments

• VacmidvalleyVacmidvalley Registered Users Posts: 363
    Yes I have always wanted more players involved with multiplayer campaigns.
  • corvus_codexcorvus_codex Junior Member SpainRegistered Users Posts: 3,070
    these "2 simple mechanics" probably would break the engine because inestability and desyncs between players.

you know guys... when something is so "obviusly good" and isn't added, its because there is a reason, not because they don't want.
    Team Skavens

"Brother Skavens! Consider this... Until the coming of Vermek Skab, the Council of Thirteen placed me in command of this army"
    - Grey Seer Thanquol, ruthlessly taking command of the Nuln Invasion force
  • AerocrasticAerocrastic Registered Users Posts: 482
    corvo said:

these "2 simple mechanics" probably would break the engine because inestability and desyncs between players.

you know guys... when something is so "obviusly good" and isn't added, its because there is a reason, not because they don't want.

Well, I would certainly like to hear their reason then.
  • VacmidvalleyVacmidvalley Registered Users Posts: 363
    corvo said:

Desyncs happen when turns are simultaneous. In head to head the turns are one player at a time.
  • ValkaarValkaar Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,613
    They don’t even need leagues (although they would be nice). I would settle for ANY form of match making, power ranking, or MMR based system for ladder to try and ensure matches were more evenly matched. I’d be willing to endure slightly longer queue times too to make it happen.

• OrkLadsOrkLads Registered Users Posts: 1,875
    corvo said:

Lol I see you are new around here. The only reason the MP experience hasn't been vastly improved (i.e. implement standard multiplayer features in every other game from the 21st century) is CA think the MP playerbase isn't big enough to warrant it. Which becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy as the experience is mediocre and so problems of player retention are large.
  • corvus_codexcorvus_codex Junior Member SpainRegistered Users Posts: 3,070
    edited May 2019
    OrkLads said:

corvo said:

Lol I see you are new around here. The only reason the MP experience hasn't been vastly improved (i.e. implement standard multiplayer features in every other game from the 21st century) is CA think the MP playerbase isn't big enough to warrant it. Which becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy as the experience is mediocre and so problems of player retention are large.
    sure, "new".
    here in the forum since 2013, and total war player since the first Shogun...

and, for your information, warhammer 2 rise up the MP playerbase up to levels never reached before, is not the main reason anymore, the reason its just that isn't easy to transform an ancient (but upgraded) engine for free just to allow some players play 3/4 players campaigns.
    Team Skavens

"Brother Skavens! Consider this... Until the coming of Vermek Skab, the Council of Thirteen placed me in command of this army"
    - Grey Seer Thanquol, ruthlessly taking command of the Nuln Invasion force
  • The_baronThe_baron Registered Users Posts: 621
    @corvo

a) CA didn't officially stated the reason for them not putting effort into MP/MPC. In fact they almost waited for the last moment to state their won't be any improvements (+3 players to MPC) for 3 kingdoms ... they know people want it and they rather abuse that fact to keep retention.

b) Warhammer certainly did had increase in MP and MPC population, though it isn't a massive one - its like saying you grew by a 100% because you were 1 and now you are a 100 - yes its a lot more but no its still ****.

c) I constantly made the point that most of my time over the past 3 decades I spent on multiplayer ! A.I. is far behind human experience and I will pick playing against a human 9/10 times - the 1/10 is TW games. Reasons for why no are from : menus suck , the lack of player matching or ranking, **** support for even the basic experience a TW game needs. It managed to push me away a multiplayer focused player because it is so horrible !

d) if they managed to push me away from MP/ MPC I can't imagine what it does to the casual player ! my god I am pretty sure the 5% or whatever how many people are playing MP are probably some of the most stubborn people on earth !

e) its not that there is no people who want MPC with +3 or to play MP ... hack the tournaments only show an increase over time , plenty people including me enjoy watching content from Turin or who ever ... cause MP and MPC can be great and maybe CA starts to realize it - but they are probably to stupid to understand why people don't play it ... I have plenty of friends who would kill for +3 MPC ... but hack none of them would bother going on the forums and complain.

f) While Technological issues can always be the reason ... I doubt they are, CA introduced the steady MPC experience you have back in 2013 ... we are in 2019 and we got still the same ****. MP itself had barely any changes over a decade !! its not technological as much as not bothering it - your speculation it is technological is probably completely wrong.
  • Daimyo21Daimyo21 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 14
    edited May 2019
    At this point its possible and the excuse that "players just don't play that much multiplayer so they don't focus on it" is such a straw man argument. The reason why they don't play as much multiplayer is BECAUSE its never been fully developed and streamlined to fit peoples schedule windows. Give us coop campaign simultaneous turns (head to head optional since I can see it being more exploitable), fix up the most common desync issues, allow 3-4 players coop/vs campaign. If you build it, they will come.

Load issues have gotten much better and multiplayer battles the majority of the time have worked well. I've exclusively played my last 3 total war campaigns (shogun 2, shogun 2 fots, rome 2) in multiplayer. CA games along with CIV series are great for MP as they are relaxed, long, and you get family/friend time while playing.
    Post edited by Daimyo21 on
    AMD FX 8350 8 Core
    GTX 580 1.5 GB
    8 gigs DDR3 1866 ram
  • Stringer18Stringer18 Registered Users Posts: 12
    i am looking to build a community for people who want to do co-ops, ranked games, and massive battles if you would like to join the discord to some people to play with here the link https://discord.gg/GTecdmD

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file