Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Cannot get battles above 10-15 FPS

LordCornwall86LordCornwall86 Posts: 3Registered Users
Ahoy there,

I am able to run the game just fine on to the campaign map, but once I go into a battle my FPS will not go above 10-15 and the battle is unplayable at that point. I feel like I am running a fairly good rig and have tried several different adjustments with no success.

I originally thought the issue was my CPU, so since it was an old i5 from the 17th century I went ahead and upgraded it to what I have now. Then I just moved my HD/Graphics to the new PC (using the Win10 tool for that process). I did a fresh installation of the graphics on the new computer and everything.

Running a benchmark test starts the video at 10-15 FPS and never goes higher. I have done a fresh install of the game/mods, tried adjusting the resolution and graphics settings; I also tried the main fix I saw online that seememed to work for most (adjusting the priority and the affinity in the Tsk/Mgr and taking off "Core 0"). I am assuming something is messed up somewhere, but I'm at a loss. So, I need to go ahead and call out the garrison reinforcements here. Need someone who is good at reading dxdiag,etc. because I am not sure where to go next.

I really need to at least subdue Gaul and usher in the dawn of Western European Civilization. Help a conqueror out

Comments