I am able to run the game just fine on to the campaign map, but once I go into a battle my FPS will not go above 10-15 and the battle is unplayable at that point. I feel like I am running a fairly good rig and have tried several different adjustments with no success.
I originally thought the issue was my CPU, so since it was an old i5 from the 17th century I went ahead and upgraded it to what I have now. Then I just moved my HD/Graphics to the new PC (using the Win10 tool for that process). I did a fresh installation of the graphics on the new computer and everything.
Running a benchmark test starts the video at 10-15 FPS and never goes higher. I have done a fresh install of the game/mods, tried adjusting the resolution and graphics settings; I also tried the main fix I saw online that seememed to work for most (adjusting the priority and the affinity in the Tsk/Mgr and taking off "Core 0"). I am assuming something is messed up somewhere, but I'm at a loss. So, I need to go ahead and call out the garrison reinforcements here. Need someone who is good at reading dxdiag,etc. because I am not sure where to go next.
I really need to at least subdue Gaul and usher in the dawn of Western European Civilization. Help a conqueror out