Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Potential Legendary Lords for upcoming WH2 DLCs: Lizardmen Oxyotl overview

BiesBies Junior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 1,921
"He That Hunts Unseen"

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

Comments

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 17,790
    Realistically Oxy's just about the best choice the LM have left.

He's unique, he offers a different playstyle, he has a game 3 start position. Not as pretty as the others, but his fundamentals are sound.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • kondenadokondenado Registered Users Posts: 384
    another skink lord?
  • AbmongAbmong Registered Users Posts: 1,348

He's unique, he offers a different playstyle, he has a game 3 start position. Not as pretty as the others, but his fundamentals are sound.

Plus the title rhymes.
    “The Unseen & the Unclean”

Only issue is there are no units associate with him apart from Chameleon Skinks that’s already in the roster. Although it would be cool if CA use the 8e lore of them beginning to spawn again to create new variants of them.
    Total War: Warhammer IV - Cathay, Ind, Nippon, Khuresh (+ Lost Vampire Bloodlines, Hobgoblin Khanate DLC) :#
  • PdcGunnerPdcGunner Registered Users Posts: 374
    Maybe he could give snipe in an AOE. The range on chameleon Skinks is quite short so it could be balanced.
  • FossowayFossoway Registered Users Posts: 2,657
    A few months ago I'd say that Oxotl had no chance in hell, but I'd say that about Tiktaq'to too. However, I don't want to see Skink Lords anymore, two is enough.
  • FifthOfSpaghettiFifthOfSpaghetti Registered Users Posts: 1,629
    I’d be surprised to see a third skink lord.

I hardly see how he’d offer anything one of the two other skinks don’t offer. Spoiler. He’ll buff skinks for all skink armies. Isn’t that the same complaint people has about Gor Rok lol

It’s time for another Saurus. Hell even Nakai. I don’t think there is another option left for Slann
  • GodWillTellGodWillTell Registered Users Posts: 697
    Enough Skinks!

#FORGHORGON
  • MisterSurrealMisterSurreal Registered Users Posts: 15
    edited May 2019
    After Lord Kroak, the Green Knight, and Krell, I really think that there is a place for a Legendary Heroes DLC, and Oxyotl is a perfect candidate along with Gotrek Gurnisson, Kurt Helborg, Konrad von Carstein, etc.

I don't think any faction needs more than four LLs, the map is pretty cramped as it is in some places. Some old world lords in the new world (moving Grombrindal to Spine of Sotek or Karak Zorn, for example) would be cool.
  • Arthas_MenethilArthas_Menethil Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,678

After Lord Kroak, the Green Knight, and Krell, I really think that there is a place for a Legendary Heroes DLC, and Oxyotl is a perfect candidate along with Gotrek Gurnisson, Kurt Helborg, Konrad von Carstein, etc.

I don't think any faction needs more than four LLs, the map is pretty cramped as it is in some places. Some old world lords in the new world (moving Grombrindal to Spine of Sotek or Karak Zorn, for example) would be cool.

Helborgs not the Empires LH that would be Ludwig Schwarzhelm. Helborg is a Lord option and the only Empire character whose even left the Old World (went to Araby).
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

Helborgs not the Empires LH that would be Ludwig Schwarzhelm. Helborg is a Lord option and the only Empire character whose even left the Old World (went to Araby).
    I was just throwing names out, but honestly they've upgraded characters from heroes to lords, I would have no problem with them doing the opposite if it's the best way to get more named characters into the game. I'm sure most characters will have some 'well actually' discussions for days, but I just want more badasses to play with without making the map too cramped.
  • Arthas_MenethilArthas_Menethil Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,678

I was just throwing names out, but honestly they've upgraded characters from heroes to lords, I would have no problem with them doing the opposite if it's the best way to get more named characters into the game. I'm sure most characters will have some 'well actually' discussions for days, but I just want more badasses to play with without making the map too cramped.
    Ludwig wouldn't be upgraded though as he's the Emperors Bodyguard it would make little sense for him to be unable to join Franz's army. Though Luthor Huss and Markus Wulfhart are the ones more likely to be upgraded to lords.
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

• Sir_GodspeedSir_Godspeed Registered Users Posts: 1,992
    So now LMs will have Kroak, Oxyotl and Nakai as legendary heroes, according to people.

You guys see where this line of logic goes, right?
  • karge068karge068 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,258
  • RomeoRejectRomeoReject Registered Users Posts: 575
    Legendary Lord? No way.

Legendary Hero? Absolutely.
  • mightygloinmightygloin Registered Users Posts: 1,833
    No more skinks please :s
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 17,790
    edited May 2019
    Abmong said:

Plus the title rhymes.
    “The Unseen & the Unclean”

Only issue is there are no units associate with him apart from Chameleon Skinks that’s already in the roster. Although it would be cool if CA use the 8e lore of them beginning to spawn again to create new variants of them.
    Nice title.

There are no units that associate with anyone left really. A combination of them having just hero characters left and 2 TT units left.

Chameleons are a neat concept, but with 1 unit they're underutilized. I could see more being added but that's probably unlikely.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • Tears_After_HateTears_After_Hate Registered Users Posts: 143
    edited May 2019
    Please, no more skinks. :s

So now LMs will have Kroak, Oxyotl and Nakai as legendary heroes, according to people.

If you're implying that the Lizardmen would be overloaded with Legendary Heroes, I don't think that is the case. There are dozens of named characters spread across the other factions that would also be terrific. If they released a DLC that had one or two from each faction that doesn't already have them, I'd pay for it.

I'll say it again, LH as shown by Lord Kroak and the Green Knight are an excellent way to get more named characters into the game without bloating the map with new start positions.
  • endikuxendikux Registered Users Posts: 474
    Legendary Heroes are a no brainer. It's simple enough to limit them to only 1 so you cannot bring an army of super humans. They are in the table top for a reason and thinking they cannot fit in to Total War is silly. We already know they can fit very well.

Oxyotl is a very cool hero and would fit very well in a chaos themed expansion and in a chaos start position for LM.

I thought he would have been fantastic paired up with Gor-Rok as a LL with a start position in Albion. The two of them could have been aimed at stopping Norsca and the Chaos incursion in the north. That would be a great pair to work together.

Another way that Legendary Heroes could work is to limit them to only certain subfactions, the way the Dwarf ancestors spirits are limited to only the subfaction of dwarfs or Treekin and Vampire units are limited to subfactions of HE and TK.
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 6,007
    Mmm I'd take Tetto'eko for LL and Oxyotl for LH.
    UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT
  • Sir_GodspeedSir_Godspeed Registered Users Posts: 1,992

If you're implying that the Lizardmen would be overloaded with Legendary Heroes, I don't think that is the case. There are dozens of named characters spread across the other factions that would also be terrific. If they released a DLC that had one or two from each faction that doesn't already have them, I'd pay for it.

I'll say it again, LH as shown by Lord Kroak and the Green Knight are an excellent way to get more named characters into the game without bloating the map with new start positions.
    I'm more saying that we'll end up with practically every Hero-level character who has lore along the lines of "goes around and helps out when people need it" will be spitballed for Legendary Hero-status, which just hollows out the concept, imho.

Games Workshop very often used the "wandering warrior popping up in the nick of time" as simple excuse to give players an easy reason for why they'd be around in the army or together with other Named Characters. It was just a narrative convention for convenience, not an attempt to make its own "class" of Hero-level characters.
  • Cortes31Cortes31 Registered Users Posts: 788
    No more Skinks please. :s
    "In brightest day, in blackest night,
    No faction shall escape my sight.
    Let those who think deniers are right
    Beware my power--Faction Lantern's light!"

Everythime a faction/race is excluded from the trilogy, these games become smaller. RIP Araby and others.
  • RomeoRejectRomeoReject Registered Users Posts: 575
    Cortes31 said:

No more Skinks please. :s

Or as the Spanish and Tehenauin would say: No mas lizards.