Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Potential Legendary Lords for upcoming WH2 DLCs: Dark Elves Rakarth overview

13»

Comments

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 19,692

I don't see Rakarth as being the DLC lord he's only in the fifth edition and would have fit being a FLC character because he is obscure and would not fit what CA has said about FLC characters.

He's obscure but they don't really have anything else left. He's the only one who really fits a rivalry theme (in the sense of beastmaster vs beastmaster) and who has a connection to the units in the LP.
    Has far more chance of being Deathmaster vs Shadowblade then the guy who was removed after the changes from 6th edition because everyone lost that group of monsters. And that's if they don't do a Lokhir with him and have them behave like a Dreadlord.
    I doubt it'd be two unmounted lords. Especially since Sniktch can't lead.

Granted him being so many editions away makes him unlikely, that's true, but he is quite a good fit for the DLC LL.
    Lokhir had no mounts and he was thrown one it's CAs thing now as no mount characters are having mounts thrown at them.
    Naturally, but what are they going to give assassins? Their whole persona is being on foot operators. Rakarth comes stock standard with a big ol mount, so it's appropriate for him to have one.
    Malakai is the best choice for a Dwarf LP. Give us Slayer lords so we may form a Slayer host and revel in our destruction!
  • Arthas_MenethilArthas_Menethil Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,055

I don't see Rakarth as being the DLC lord he's only in the fifth edition and would have fit being a FLC character because he is obscure and would not fit what CA has said about FLC characters.

He's obscure but they don't really have anything else left. He's the only one who really fits a rivalry theme (in the sense of beastmaster vs beastmaster) and who has a connection to the units in the LP.
    Has far more chance of being Deathmaster vs Shadowblade then the guy who was removed after the changes from 6th edition because everyone lost that group of monsters. And that's if they don't do a Lokhir with him and have them behave like a Dreadlord.

Granted him being so many editions away makes him unlikely, that's true, but he is quite a good fit for the DLC LL.
    Lokhir had no mounts and he was thrown one it's CAs thing now as no mount characters are having mounts thrown at them.
    Naturally, but what are they going to give assassins? Their whole persona is being on foot operators. Rakarth comes stock standard with a big ol mount, so it's appropriate for him to have one.
    Rakarth then should've been the FLC character not Lokhir.

"what are they going to give assassins?"
    They'll do what they did with Lokhir and take from the Dreadlords again.

"Their whole persona is being on foot operators"
    So are Black Ark Fleetmasters (and by extension Lokhir) yet here's Lokhir with a Dragon don't worry Shadowblade will arrive on the back of yet another Dragon while the Deathmaster is hitching a ride on the back of a Rat Ogre because for some reason CA can't be bothered with dismounted characters anymore.
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

• CanuoveaCanuovea Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 13,898
    I had to delete several bickering posts.

Please, find a way to behave.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 19,692

Rakarth then should've been the FLC character not Lokhir.

"what are they going to give assassins?"
    They'll do what they did with Lokhir and take from the Dreadlords again.

"Their whole persona is being on foot operators"
    So are Black Ark Fleetmasters (and by extension Lokhir) yet here's Lokhir with a Dragon don't worry Shadowblade will arrive on the back of yet another Dragon while the Deathmaster is hitching a ride on the back of a Rat Ogre because for some reason CA can't be bothered with dismounted characters anymore.
    Eh, Lokhir's agood FLC and fit that DLC nicely.

If we're talking rivalries Rakarth vs Imrik, or Throt fits nicely. The LM don't really have a beast master type option, but they don't really have many options regardless so Rakarth works against them too.

If we look at the others they don't have the same rivalries. Malus is a worse Malekith, Shadowblade's an assassin, there's just not really anyone else.
    Malakai is the best choice for a Dwarf LP. Give us Slayer lords so we may form a Slayer host and revel in our destruction!