Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

User Info RequiredCrash to desktop at the loading screen while starting a new campaign

MountainSunMountainSun Posts: 1Registered Users
edited May 20 in Crashes
Hello, I recently reinstall Warhammer 2, however while starting a new campaign the game just straight up crash half way through the loading bar. I have tried reinstall again, launch in offline, i even reset my pc. But the problem still exist.

Build number: v1.6.1 10846.1659377
No save file or script since I can't even get into the game.
Please help!
Post edited by CA_Nate on

Comments

• elnaoelnao Posts: 2Registered Users
    Same problem for me, since the amethyst update i cant load or start a new campain.
  • CA_NateCA_Nate Creative Assembly Posts: 1,036Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
    Hi all,

@MountainSun - Does this occur for you if you disable all your mods beforehand ?

@elnao - Would you be able to provide us with your DXdiag, modified.log and Crash minidump file also

Kind regards,

CA_Nate
    Forum Terms & Conditions

Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • HOCMANHOCMAN Posts: 8Registered Users
    Hi CA_Nate,
    I have the same problem, after having disabled all my mods.

here, my DxDiag and modified.log
    no minidump file found

thanks
  • CA_NateCA_Nate Creative Assembly Posts: 1,036Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
    Hi,

@HOCMAN and @Malacare If you experience this crash also, can you please provide us with the Crash minidump file.

Kind Regards

CA_Nate
    Forum Terms & Conditions

Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • MalacareMalacare Posts: 2Registered Users
    I ended up solving the problem by going into advanced system settings, performance settings, advanced, virtual memory settings, and then upping the allowed paging file size for the drive on which I installed Total War Warhammer 2 (my solid state C drive).

I set the initial size 1000 MB, and the maximum size 4000 MB; I don't know which allowed paging file size is right for you guys, so I would mess around with it and see what works. I just gave it as much space as possible and now my game can run in high again.

@CA_Nate It seems as though I don't have a crash_report folder or minidump files at %appdata%\The Creative Assembly\Warhammer2\crash_report. I looked in other locations as well to no avail. Thanks for trying to help though.
    It works now! no crash anymore
    I didn't do anything special, it means you solved the problem for me CA?
    anyway, thx for that and for that game
    WTF it's back ! the game crashes again after 36 hours without any crash.
    I didn't change anything..
    and as @Malacare I don't find any minidump files
    Hi all,

If this issue is occurring for you can you please update to the latest graphical drivers. Could you also then reupload your DXdiag and then also provide us with your Preferences.script file

Kind Regards,

CA_Nate
    Forum Terms & Conditions

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file