Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

question for CA concerning " share mandate of heaven" and coalitions

Darth_Revan2Darth_Revan2 Posts: 5Registered Users
So what I am wondering is, you have a friendly Co-op campaign with a friend.

Lets say I play as Ma Teng and my friend as Liu Bei. We both form our own coalitions because we are so far appart.
What happens when we agree on a "share mandate of heaven" through diplomancy to bind our winning condition together.

1. Are the coalitions joined? Do you have to choose between one of them?
2. Is there any difference on the consequences if it is pre- 3k event or after it?
> for example we are both in top 3 biggest factions do we get 2 emperor seats (1 each) or only one because we have shared mandate before the event kicks in?

And depending on the answer at nr 1. what do the coalitions do if you are in the 3k period, are they at war (assuming you both get a seat) or are they 2 seperate alliances working together?

I hope that my serie of questions is clear in what I mean.

Comments

• HugothesterHugothester Senior Member Posts: 565Registered Users
    edited May 22
    In older total wars you had to choose a vs campaign, where you could just fight your friend, or a coop campaign, where you would always be allied with your friend.

Here you have freedom, you can fight or declare peace as you want. But once you agree on sharing the mandate of heaven it becomes a coop campaign (as in older total war titles).

I would recommend you do not use the option until the end of the game, since you will loose the chance to have some fun betraying your friend at some points during the campaign, which is always a ton of fun.

Coalitions are a different thing, even before sharing the mandate of heavens you can create a coalition with your friend, essentialy he is just another faction out there.

I do not remember if you loose some other options such as espionage, sabotage or diplomatic options such as Cao Cao's, but I hope I helped you get the general idea.
    Biggest Spanish total war youtube Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/user/hugothester
  • Darth_Revan2Darth_Revan2 Posts: 5Registered Users

In older total wars you had to choose a vs campaign, where you could just fight your friend, or a coop campaign, where you would always be allied with your friend.

Here you have freedom, you can fight or declare peace as you want. But once you agree on sharing the mandate of heaven it becomes a coop campaign (as in older total war titles).

I would recommend you do not use the option until the end of the game, since you will loose the chance to have some fun betraying your friend at some points during the campaign, which is always a ton of fun.

Coalitions are a different thing, even before sharing the mandate of heavens you can create a coalition with your friend, essentialy he is just another faction out there.

I do not remember if you loose some other options such as espionage, sabotage or diplomatic options such as Cao Cao's, but I hope I helped you get the general idea.

Thanks for the answer, but the core of my question is not answered yet (the impact on the coalitions the 2 players have), although I think only CA can do that because it is quite a niche question.

But I am gratefull to the fact you took the time to give such an extended answer, at least I have a partly answer :)
  • HugothesterHugothester Senior Member Posts: 565Registered Users
    No problem, sorry for nor being able to answer the core of your question, I have only played 1 hour of coop campaign with another youtuber, so I am fully talking from memory, we will get answers in 20 hours though ;)
    Biggest Spanish total war youtube Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/user/hugothester
  • Darth_Revan2Darth_Revan2 Posts: 5Registered Users

No problem, sorry for nor being able to answer the core of your question, I have only played 1 hour of coop campaign with another youtuber, so I am fully talking from memory, we will get answers in 20 hours though ;)

indeed only would have been nice to know the consequences before you mess up your 40hr co-op campaign with this ^^