Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Appoint administrators, apparently not working.

GShock112GShock112 Senior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 293
Rank 1 -> Hard -> History.

I see the 'head' icon over the commandery name... I select the administrator among the available ones for the task (economy, military government supervision) and I hit CONFIRM.

Nothing happens. Not a notification in the news for the next turn, nothing on the character himself, nothing in the settlement. Are you sure this is working? Is it? Then I am missing something in the UI that tells me I did it because I can't see any change after I hit CONFIRM.

Can anyone clear this please?

Comments

• XhalXhal Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 157
    Is the character showing in the administrators in your court window?
  • pumpkinbreadpumpkinbread Senior Member VagabondRegistered Users Posts: 151
    You have to be a certain rank on the faction summary screen. Can't do it right off the bat.
  • GShock112GShock112 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 293
    No the character doesn't show anywhere in the court window.
    If the required level is Marquis (lev2) I'm not... and ALL the spots are still locked... but then if I can't appoint the administrator how comes the button is lit, the selection is possible, the confirm button is clickable?

You know the three buttons on the left just above the name of the commandery? Change capital, appoint administrator (and a third one I can't remember right now)... the appoint administrator is LIT.

• XhalXhal Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 157
    I think you have to set them in the court window first then you can set on which commandery on the map maybe?
  • PatriksevePatrikseve Member Registered Users Posts: 2,082
    I unlocked spots trough reforms and then clicked them to that position and pressed confirm and they where added to it. I dont know maybe you just have encountered a bugg? I know some people might get greyed out diplomacy but I suspect they might have quick diplomacy tab on instead of normal but still. I think it could be a bugg.
  • gholingholin Member Registered Users Posts: 1,322
    I can make someone an administrator (put him in the slot), but I can't seem to confirm a deployment. confirm is white.
    Yes I believe it's got to be a bug.
    I suppose this is not the right place to post it but if CA gives an acknowledgement at least we don't make a double post.

Anyway the way this is supposed to work is that the appoint administrator is greyed out if the court spot is not unlocked. No I don't think this has to do with a faction or a settlement.
  • tgoodenowtgoodenow Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 802
    The commandery appoint thing is for “tasks” not administration via court. The tasks I have found are like “+30% industrial” “+10 satisfaction -5 unity” They’re supposed to be similar to commandments; except the skills they can perform are based on traits/level. I also don’t think these give experience, administrative via court appointment does.
    But there's no indication of them working.
  • DggredgDggredg Registered Users Posts: 2
    Hey folks, I may have found a workaround if its the same problem im experiencing.

On the right side of the screen, you can select different commanderies. For some reason, by selecting another commandery (and therefore zooming in on said commandery), and switching back to your original one, the option was enabled.

This worked for myself and my coop partner who were experiencing the same bug. Hope this helps some of you, it was driving us batty.
    There is a problem because you're told to appoint an administrator in the left panel icon, just over the commandery name but administrator is a court position... while what you appoint is basically an INSPECTOR of different categories.

What happens in any case is that you select the inspector type, then confirm (if applicable) and then nothing happens. This is definitely a bug.
  • CasioCasio Registered Users Posts: 1
    GShock112 said:

There is a problem because you're told to appoint an administrator in the left panel icon, just over the commandery name but administrator is a court position... while what you appoint is basically an INSPECTOR of different categories.

What happens in any case is that you select the inspector type, then confirm (if applicable) and then nothing happens. This is definitely a bug.

Hi man, I encountered the same problem.
    With my understanding that "head icon" is a shortcut for the inspector branch" that you also can find in the Court Tree.

Administrator and all inspector boxes were locked for me, so I invested in the "yellow reform tree" a skill called
    "Eunuch Secretaries" that gave me 1+ administration slot.
    There are several of these skills in the reform tree.

Then suddenly the head icon worked and I can finally click "confirm"
    Or I can do it in the Court tree, both worked.

I think they should "grey out" or put a lock icon on the head until you get a reform skill to avoid confusion.

I hope this helps, cause it made me crazy at first.

• HoldMyMemesHoldMyMemes Registered Users Posts: 2
    Bois I gotchu. so assign someone to your administrator. once it zooms in on your commandaries you have to click which one you want one the right. if you don't do that it will look gray one the confirm spot.
    But as I said, if you don't have the rank or the reform, that head icon, which is a shortcut as Casio said, should be greyed out.
  • MrHaywireMrHaywire Registered Users Posts: 6
    If you Click on a City and then click appoint Administrator it works from there i have found it just don't work from the Court Tree.