Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

User Info RequiredScreen freeze and glitch problem

allen_alenallen_alen Posts: 1Registered Users
edited May 24 in Performance & Graphics
Sometime the screen freeze but the game is still running. I can hear the sound effect and save the game by press Ctrl+S.

Until this

I've reinstalled the graphics card driver and this still happens.

RTX 2080 driver version 430.64.

Thanks for making a good game anyway o:)
Post edited by dge1 on

Comments

• GrudgeNLGrudgeNL Senior Member Posts: 7,178Registered Users
    edited May 24
    Hmh, seems like your issue may be indirectly related to the following thread:
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/242997/strobing-black-and-white-over-petals-water-and-other-visual-effects
    @Lambchopp91 @sorezach @Gibbo789 have a 2070, 2070 and 2080 respectively, facing glitches using the RTX 20 series.

Grudge's Mods
    Total War: Karling - Coming soon...-ish
    Grudge's Total War: Attila - Sassanid UI skin here on the Steam Workshop
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,184Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    If you don't find anything that helps in the above links then I suggest posting the file information requested in the line below.

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/242425/please-read-if-you-experience-a-crash-hang-freeze#latest
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • BoguspompBoguspomp Posts: 10Registered Users
    I am having the exact same issue, my screen turns the exact same as yours except i'
    m using a 1080ti :(
  • PootanPootan Posts: 1Registered Users
    I have the same issue as well, gtx 1080
  • p4ranoidp4ranoid Posts: 4Registered Users
    Hi.
    I had crashes and freezes with glitches with ui rectangles.
    I did driver updates , game cache verification and all **** and possible solutions I've found online . Surprise ,surprise nothing helped.

Sega customer service was pretry disappointing, they sugested same stuff drivers , game cache , windows updatw and ****.

My PC specs
    Palit gtx 1080 amp extreme 8gb
    i5 4690k
    8gb ram

And i think i solved this one on my own by testing all graphics settings.
    Game didn't crash on low settings .
    Always crash on recommended which is ultra for me, despite game was running pretty smooth.
    Now im playing all ultra except shadows and aa, and game don't crash anymore .
    Solution for me was:
    Setting fans in my gpu 100%
    Dropped memory and core clocks by 20-40 mhz, im not sure about that but this gpu is oc'ed from factory so i tried this 2.
    My conclusion is that gpu manufacturers are doing **** job with thermal paste on gpu .
    Oc software says that temp is low but im not sure is there sensor directly on gpu . during weekend ill try to open my gpu and check thermal paste.
    Btw i had crash problems b4 with other games, ao i think its nvidia problem cuz lots of ppl in internet have similar problems in varioous games.
    I hope this will help someone a bit.
    Sorry for my bad English, but u know, when u prefer to smoke weed and play games instead learning proper english it looks like that .
    Tell me if it helps.
    Cheers ugly bitches.