Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

TW:WH and 3 Kingdoms...bad news for us?

Comments

• Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 19,695Registered Users
    edited May 25

Xenos7 said:

Yep, I think it's bad news. The series will be half-abandoned, I guess. I would love to be proven wrong, obviously. Will check back in a year time and see if my pessimism was spot on.

As an optimist I think Game2 will be in 75% abandoned. The first sign of things to come are LP over CP. 3K might the thing I needed for the prophecy of doom and gloom to be completed.
    WH2 is 100% complete, there might be a few extras (including race packs) but I admit they are not needed.
    WOW, we went to:

asking for Araby, DoW, Southern Realms, Kislev and Albion to...

asking only for Araby and DoW to...

asking for good new Lord Packs and Crossgame Packs to...

saying that Warhammer 2 is complete and we don't need other contents. WOW! I guess 3K has killed the game, like for real. Too bad that i don't like it at all...
    With the SKV/LM LP WH2 is content-wise pretty complete. All core factions have four LLs and starting positions and an upgraded roster and mechanics. Anything coming beyond that is more bonus than necessary.

• ScreamimgEnvyScreamimgEnvy Posts: 312Registered Users

Xenos7 said:

Yep, I think it's bad news. The series will be half-abandoned, I guess. I would love to be proven wrong, obviously. Will check back in a year time and see if my pessimism was spot on.

As an optimist I think Game2 will be in 75% abandoned. The first sign of things to come are LP over CP. 3K might the thing I needed for the prophecy of doom and gloom to be completed.
    WH2 is 100% complete, there might be a few extras (including race packs) but I admit they are not needed.
    Is it? I see a big land full of sand yet no Araby to cover it. I see High Elves, dragon themed race without dragonrider LL. I see a potential for Dogs of War but no barking follows. I admit there is plenty to include. Plenty of needed things!

Xenos7 said:

WH2 will be 75% abandoned only if CA will "delete" the future release LP's and FLC's.
    With nothing to come I think it would be 100%.
    Like Rome 2 or Empire after WH1 release?

I highly doubt I'm the only one that will not buy 3K because, to me, it's not interesting.

Team Monogods - Team Nurgle

• MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Posts: 4,863Registered Users

Xenos7 said:

Is it? I see a big land full of sand yet no Araby to cover it. I see High Elves, dragon themed race without dragonrider LL. I see a potential for Dogs of War but no barking follows. I admit there is plenty to include. Plenty of needed things!

Xenos7 said:

WH2 will be 75% abandoned only if CA will "delete" the future release LP's and FLC's.
    And no Moulder stuff, too.

Now we have to wait and see if CA will drop the future Lord Packs and FLC's or not.
    ****, i'm not even a 3K chinese fan...
    Yes! Verminlord, not to mention Stormfiends are still missing. And many more things

Xenos7 said:

WOW, we went to:

saying that Warhammer 2 is complete and we don't need other contents. WOW! I guess 3K has killed the game, like for real. Too bad that i don't like it at all...
    Perfect illustration of crushed expectations. So many things that we could get but won't. At least not for a long, long, long time.
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• GerardofthetitanGerardofthetitan Posts: 433Registered Users

What are you trying to say by posting this image?

Cathay lives matters
    Cathay roster is fan-made stuff with fantasy contents, not just humans with different armour colours. I doubt that chinese players will be so pleased about Cathay. Actually i'm scared that Warhammer 3 will be only a smartphone game because chinese people love smartphone ****.

• Xenos7Xenos7 Posts: 4,882Registered Users
    Well, folks, Slitherine has a nice 40K 4X game. Maybe they'll do something with Fantasy too.

Xenos7 said:

WOW, we went to:

With the SKV/LM LP WH2 is content-wise pretty complete. All core factions have four LLs and starting positions and an upgraded roster and mechanics. Anything coming beyond that is more bonus than necessary.
    As i said, now people don't want any other Warhammer 2 contents. All due to 3K i guess.
    WOW! One of the most popular TW games killed in less than 2 days...

Xenos7 said:

Xenos7 said:

Now we have to wait and see if CA will drop the future Lord Packs and FLC's or not.
    Yes! Verminlord, not to mention Stormfiends are still missing. And many more things

Xenos7 said:

WOW, we went to:

Perfect illustration of crushed expectations. So many things that we could get but won't. At least not for a long, long, long time.
    Look at Gotrek's list. There are soooo many missing units and stuff that can be added.

And now people are saying that the game doesn't need any other new content, thanks to 3K. And that's the way to kill a series.

Xenos7 said:

Well, folks, Slitherine has a nice 40K 4X game. Maybe they'll do something with Fantasy too.

I pre-ordered the retail Magnus edition of Warhammer Chaosbane and Vermintide 2, waiting for 'Winds of Magic' DLC. At least these 2 games won't be killed by their own playarbase.

Xenos7 said:

WOW, we went to:

As i said, now people don't want any other Warhammer 2 contents. All due to 3K i guess.
    WOW! One of the most popular TW games killed in less than 2 days...
    What part of "more bonus than necessary" means "I don't want anything more"? Way to be misleading.

Xenos7 said:

Xenos7 said:

Xenos7 said:

WOW, we went to:

Look at Gotrek's list. There are soooo many missing units and stuff that can be added.

And now people are saying that the game doesn't need any other new content, thanks to 3K. And that's the way to kill a series.
    What people say here doesn't matter. Money talks. 3K is a cheap game that sells a lot in China. The RoI is probably through the roof, I wouldn't be surprised if the whole roster costed less to produce than a single WH race. So yeah, we could probably forget about TW for a long long time. It's not like CA is in this for the art, it's a business.
  • Federykx99Federykx99 Posts: 559Registered Users
    edited May 25

What are you trying to say by posting this image?

Cathay lives matters
    Cathay roster is fan-made stuff with fantasy contents, not just humans with different armour colours. I doubt that chinese players will be so pleased about Cathay. Actually i'm scared that Warhammer 3 will be only a smartphone game because chinese people love smartphone ****.
    The fact that Chinese players themselves are taking to attack Chinese gaming companies because they were unable to create a decent historical game whereas a bunch of English chaps did it flawlessly is a demonstration that you're wrong.

And the Chinese community is pretty happy with what the Cathay rosters offer, which include 5-6 units officially present in the lore plus fanwork to fill the gaps.

Not saying Cathay will definitely happen, but you are just wrong.
  • GoatforceGoatforce Posts: 2,825Registered Users

Xenos7 said:

Xenos7 said:

Araby is an incredibly minor race, it was the longest of longshots that they would get in in retrospect - the certainty they would come was mostly fabricated by the forums (myself included admittedly) based on vague hints, resulting in it overhyping itself.

Also if you want Imrik, surely you should be happy it's LPs coming? That means he still has a shot, though to me he seems more like a FLC slot, sorry may be missing something but he just seems like a generic prince who has been given a named character slot to me.

They probably had the LPs coming next planned for ages, perhaps even since game 2 launched. Saying 3K had an impact on the decision to do LPs instead of CPs is rather silly.

On another note, why the hell do people think they are going to just cancel stuff which has already been confirmed to be coming? We know there are LPs coming, we know there is another game coming. Just because this new project is successful doesn't mean they are going to abandon another successful project, come on its one thing being pessimistic, but that is ridiculous.

Xenos7 said:

Xenos7 said:

Like Rome 2 or Empire after WH1 release?

I highly doubt I'm the only one that will not buy 3K because, to me, it's not interesting.

Did they release anything for TW:Empire in the recent years? And no, not like Rome2. Just as CA did not update Game1, the same thing will most probably happen to Game2 with Game3 being the one who will get all the updates. I doubt they will release DLC for Game1 or Game2 after Game3 comes out.

Xenos7 said:

Xenos7 said:

Xenos7 said:

WOW, we went to:

I know. There is room for great many DLC.

You will get used to it. Content denial is a local constant.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• Federykx99Federykx99 Posts: 559Registered Users
    Goatforce said:

Xenos7 said:

Xenos7 said:

Araby is an incredibly minor race, it was the longest of longshots that they would get in in retrospect - the certainty they would come was mostly fabricated by the forums (myself included admittedly) based on vague hints, resulting in it overhyping itself.

Also if you want Imrik, surely you should be happy it's LPs coming? That means he still has a shot, though to me he seems more like a FLC slot, sorry may be missing something but he just seems like a generic prince who has been given a named character slot to me.

They probably had the LPs coming next planned for ages, perhaps even since game 2 launched. Saying 3K had an impact on the decision to do LPs instead of CPs is rather silly.

On another note, why the hell do people think they are going to just cancel stuff which has already been confirmed to be coming? We know there are LPs coming, we know there is another game coming. Just because this new project is successful doesn't mean they are going to abandon another successful project, come on its one thing being pessimistic, but that is ridiculous.
    To be honest, before the only LP announcements we were expecting more campaign packs, and seeing as Albion was reduced to a rock and Amazons were never happening, the only two candidates were Araby which has a lot of land in the map and DoW who are colonists.

It was totally reasonable to think either was coming.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 15,437Registered Users
    I don't understand this logic.

CA aren't going to spend less on TWW3 because they've just made a bucket of cash with 3K. They still want to make a load of money off of TWW.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • NyxilisNyxilis Posts: 2,975Registered Users

CA aren't going to spend less on TWW3 because they've just made a bucket of cash with 3K. They still want to make a load of money off of TWW.

Just the same few waffling on the same conspiracies they'd been doing the entire length of Warhammer II despite being wrong again and again. Complete with the pile of theories that make all of zilch sense.
  • Cortes31Cortes31 Posts: 638Registered Users

The Time of Hope (Though it was Amazons in my case and not Kislev)

The Time of Realism

The Time of Despair

The End Times
    "In brightest day, in blackest night,
    No faction shall escape my sight.
    Let those who think deniers are right
    Beware my power--Faction Lantern's light!"

Everythime a faction/race is excluded from the trilogy, these games become smaller. RIP Araby and others.

Xenos7 said:

WOW, we went to:

You make a good point.

TWW2 has been pretty amazing content wise. The game and the DLC have far surpassed TWW1 in terms of quality. Only Q&C is of TWW1 standard, the rest surpass it.

Whatever we get now is bonus. The coming LP'S have a lot of potential but even if they're meh the game has already exceeded expectations.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
    Goatforce said:

Xenos7 said:

Xenos7 said:

Minor or not, it is quite unique and popular among the fans of this game. Quite anticipated too.

Yes but Araby, DoW and other things never excluded his inclusion. Also knowing CA they might as you say make him FLC and take away great potential of Caledor oriented faction mechanics; combat over intrigues, dragon waking, dragon bond, dragon cavern etc. We could get fully fleshed out LL with a dragon mount that is not just a mount but a spellcaster with dedicated talents.

They probably had 3K coming planned for ages too. It selling well was given.

• takilung31takilung31 Posts: 1,318Registered Users
    edited May 25

Chinese wanted Cathay my dude

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/212828/chinese-community-and-grand-cathay/p1
    https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6103637246?pid=125154457455&cid=0&red_tag=2274929077#125154457455
    https://tieba.baidu.com/p/5039396825?red_tag=2256113750
    https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6138767001?pid=125729626932&cid=125735274968&red_tag=1767535777#125735274968
    https://tieba.baidu.com/p/5910808883?pid=125730389469&cid=0&red_tag=1803189527#125730389469
    https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6114982775?pid=125725681922&cid=0&red_tag=1853088148#125725681922
    https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6117837493?pid=125393785769&cid=125438669985&red_tag=1922918332#125438669985
    http://dq.tieba.com/p/5268458808
    https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6091567859?pn=1

the Warhammer Total War Chinese forum Admin is also in contact with CA, he is also the Dude in the picture with the Cathay DLC scroll, He is also the forum admin for Three Kingdoms Total War, he is also the Admin for Warhammer forum

There's a ton of Cathay posts, here the admin himself mention it, that it became a daily talk on Warhammer forum (Cathay)

Also many fan made posts on Reddit has a lot of upvotes, so its not just the Chinese
    https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/b4hrik/heres_my_concept_for_a_cathayan_qilin_mount/

• GodWillTellGodWillTell Posts: 656Registered Users
    WTF is going on here?! Calm down, folks. CA has already confirmed that at least 2 new LP's are coming, alongside with FLC's.
    And now the next LP's will be as good as P&W, or even better, thanks to the "more units" feedbacks.

CA will never cancel the additional contents of one of its best-selling games of all times just for the release of a chinese game, Christ :D
    Look at the amount of TW:WH fans and tell me if a DLC-cancellation won't cause a massive shet storm and review bomb and all that kind of stuff.

#FORGHORGON

Because that's the way a non-profit company would work. All the money gets reinvested. But CA and SEGA are for-profit company. Which means that they chase the better RoI and pocket the profit margin.
  • takilung31takilung31 Posts: 1,318Registered Users
    edited May 25
    Please don't assume the Chinese don't want Cathay, several Chinese that is capable of speaking English already expressed their interest in the past and posted it also on this forum

The Dude in the Cathay scroll to CA visit, is the admin on 3K Total War Chinese forum, Warhammer Total War Chinese forum, + Warhammer forum

The scroll here literally says if you ever release Cathay as DLC, we will buy it

a ton of comments that supported this is also found on the forum/ link in Billili (Like a youtube service)

edited May 25
    Xenos7 said:

Because that's the way a non-profit company would work. All the money gets reinvested. But CA and SEGA are for-profit company. Which means that they chase the better RoI and pocket the profit margin.

That's why their games have gotten more primitive and simpler since Shogun1...o wait.

Xenos7 said:

So they're going to choose not to make money on one of their most successful games ever because another game did well? It doesn't work. That's something they'd do if they didn't like long term success and money.

Please don't assume the Chinese don't want Cathay, several Chinese that is capable of speaking English already expressed their interest in the past and posted it also on this forum

The Dude in the Cathay scroll to CA visit, is the admin on 3K Total War Chinese forum, Warhammer Total War Chinese forum, + Warhammer forum

The scroll here literally says if you ever release Cathay as DLC, we will buy it

a ton of comments that supported this is also found on the forum/ link in Billili (Like a youtube service)

That's the only thing that changes with 3K. Cathay is now a real possibility if CA want to try and get 3K fans into TWW. I don't think Cathay is very likely but it's now definitely possible.

Xenos7 said:

Xenos7 said:

Xenos7 said:

Xenos7 said:

WOW, we went to:

What people say here doesn't matter. Money talks. 3K is a cheap game that sells a lot in China. The RoI is probably through the roof, I wouldn't be surprised if the whole roster costed less to produce than a single WH race. So yeah, we could probably forget about TW for a long long time. It's not like CA is in this for the art, it's a business.
    There's a difference between "cheap" and "better rate of RoI". WH's profits have to be shared
    Xenos7 said:

That's why their games have gotten more primitive and simpler since Shogun1...o wait.
    Obviously for-profit companies expand too, it's not a one-off bank robbery. But non-profit companies usually have a mission other than making money. For example a non-profit cultural foundation may organize poetry readings even if they are obviously less profitable than comedy movies. It's not like CA has a mission to provide fantasy games, or games meant for a western audience, or whatever. They'll probably still do it, but as an afterthought.

Xenos7 said:

So they're going to choose not to make money on one of their most successful games ever because another game did well? It doesn't work. That's something they'd do if they didn't like long term success and money.
    Let's try to make it simple, then

Market 1 has a RoI of 10 to 1
    Market 2 has a RoI of 5 to 1

A non-profit company may be bound to provide to both markets equally. A for-profit company will always produce for Market 1. Till when? Till the market is saturated and the RoI goes below that of Market 2. Then they'll sell to Market 2. Now, 3K seems like a big market with a big RoI, so I anticipate it'll take a long long time before it becomes economically wise to think about Market 2 again.
  • NyxilisNyxilis Posts: 2,975Registered Users
    Xenos7 said:

Xenos7 said:

A non-profit company may be bound to provide to both markets equally. A for-profit company will always produce for Market 1. Till when? Till the market is saturated and the RoI goes below that of Market 2. Then they'll sell to Market 2. Now, 3K seems like a big market with a big RoI, so I anticipate it'll take a long long time before it becomes economically wise to think about Market 2 again.
    There are billions of goods for niche markets that basically toasts your entire point. Or the fact when they found Rome 2 was their most popular the there isn't already a Rome 3 or even better links or more things of that era. Especially when you can't just concentrate in one sole area and retain your market.
    Xenos7 said:

Xenos7 said:

No. Please don't portray market mechanics as simple and primitive as that, especially not for a company that's been catering to a world-wide audience for years. If the market really worked that way all those German car companies would have stopped selling anywhere but in China years ago. It also presumes 3K sells only well in China which I find sounds borderline racist and hasn't been supported by any hard data yet.