Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

TW:WH and 3 Kingdoms...bad news for us?

124»

Comments

• GoatforceGoatforce Posts: 2,818Registered Users

Goatforce said:

Goatforce said:

Did RCS have a defined weapon of choice? It seems to me they were added due to ease and their relationship with Tehenhuain, and the weapon they were given was simply to make them fill a gap given the lack of lore. RCS chief was simply because LM have no character choices left so a skink lord makes sense, if the Trog had been included I'm fairly sure they would have promoted the Oracle to fit - as they have to have a character in the LP. Warlock Master was part of a supplement. If sotek was manifested once, he can be manifested again, this is not really against the lore. I think Ikkit does have a "forbidden workshop" in the lore, and I believe one of his titles is "Arch Tinkerer of Skryre" or something like that, and he is known to have given incomplete doomwheel plans so he would be the only one to have perfect ones - workshop system works perfectly with his lore. Q&C is consistant with the lore - all the units are 8th, Death Night is a thing Hellebron does, Allarielle's link to Ulthuan is a big part of her lore. Coast draws heavily from MA and Dreadfleet, think the only thing that is full on made up is Cylostra, which was needed to fill a slot.

6 factions (7 if Ice Wyrm included) have access to dragons, I believe 4 have access to giants? It is absolutely not an unfounded complaint to point out that perhaps we don't need more dragons, we have plenty (unless we somehow get Cathay, Chinese style dragons would be fairly unique). I don't really care that Star Dragons are by far the strongest (except I guess for some Chaos Dragons and I have heard Cathayan Emporer Dragons can give them trouble), they are just a more powerful dragon variant. Would I like more model variety in them? Absolutely. But this series has tons of Dragons - HEs have their 3 TT Dragon variants, that is enough to cement their position as the "Dragon Faction" Whilst I expect more dragon riding characters are coming (Archmages), more dragon variants would be bloat. I wouldn't complain about Imrik and a "Dragon Workshop", but it isn't really a thing that feels massively lacking - at least from a TW perspective (if this were an RPG then absolutely those details should be in, but in a RTS it isn't massively necessary).

Almost all factions have missing stuff, which can be argued to be important to their flavour. Whilst I would agree HEs should have got Archmage in Q&C and Elves and LM should have their lores of magic it is hardly a sacrifice that they don't have everything when that is a common theme in a lot of races - Skaven for example are missing more than HEs both in units and in iconic rep (Great Clans such as Moulder, Council of 13 for example). If you want a faction that is actually woefully lacking in its TT and lore flavour look at WoC, which is missing all its god representation (except Siggy and Mirror Guard), not HEs, which has the vast majority of its stuff - not being able to sing to dragons hardly compares to WoC. HEs have stuff missing, which will probably be fixed for the most part in the coming LPs, they are not in anything close to a bad position, therefore they are not sacrificing anything. True, CA has dispensed with rivalry where none were suitable, when a character is too important not to include, though there has always at least been a theme (religion vs Science, both being the spiritual leaders of their races) - we have all of the huge names (minus Thanquol and Malus) for game 2 so the obvious choice is to go with the best rivalry to set up the pack.

But honestly, to use your terminology, if getting content for game 1 races who are in far greater need of it requires "sacrificing" a named prince who doesn't seem to have that much unique about him (you had me excited when you suggested his dragon could cast from lore of fire, but if that isn't actually in his rules) and getting another character who is arguably also fairly generic (but also popular in HE circles as I understand), then 1000 times yes. Imrik can be a FLC with a workshop for Dragons, that would seem to be fine for him from everything I've heard here, many characters have far worse he would be an interesting campaign. Game 1 content updates are a far bigger deal, especially when HEs will be made pretty much content complete by the update anyway. I get that it is dissapointing if you don't get a character you love (I am still pining for Neferata, so I know how it feels) but this series probably can't fit everyone in, it is a question of what benefits the game overall. I don't even like the GS that much (though I hope that will change after the rework and hopeful LP), they are my least favourite faction by a large margin, but X-LPs are just too big a deal to pass up on.

No, but hammers are not something associated with skinks. Lore wise skinks don't lead armies. If Sotek manifesting once is enough. Then there is no problem with any loreful addition to Prince Imrik, Caledorians and dragons. Skaven deploy highly volatile units, even Nukit. Them having stable constructs goes aganst their theme. Widowmaker comes to mind as part of that update. Everybody can wield it even though Elves only can claim it. It gives made up wind spell as far as I'm aware. VCoast is a bag of treats. Cylostra was not needed, already existing character could fit caster role. Lore of the Deep is made up. Aranessa leading vampires is made up and probably some other things too.

It is absolutely unfounded complaint. Emperor Dragon is not Cathayan. Dragon Emperor is Cathayan title. Especially because HE holes are not in double digits those should be filled. Not to mention High Elves are missing fancy models. They would sacrifice thematic integrity if Imrik won't be a LL of choice with Caledorians fleshed out. The obvious choice is to make a good theme and Prince Imrik can fit in many of those. He and his faction offers the most. Also when I speak about dragon variety I mean their appearance. Sun, Moon and Star dragons almost look like copies. Dragon Faction without dragon riding LL is nothing but a joke. It is massively lacking, sspecially from TW-RTS perspective considering vastly different approach to campaign and battles Caledorians offer.

Also as someone else said in other thread:

Agreed on Imrik.

Even if the Caledor subfaction itself may not necessarily be playable I feel the whole Dragon/Caledor side of the High Elf unit roster isn't properly represented by their lords (and heroes) yet, despite them being a huge deal in the lore. Eltharion, while a cool character, doesn't really do any of these things imo (Eltharion/Yvresse have no stand out units related to them, at least not to the point that other characters in game don't already adequately represent them).

On TT this was less an issue since it was all about creating your own characters and armies and the generic High Elf lord class, the Prince, had quite a large amount of options and wasn't really overshadowed by Legendary Lords.
    In Total War campaigns however, Legendary Lords tend to outclass generic Lords with all kinds of additional skill trees and other cool stuff so just getting a Prince to try to represent the Caledor side of things doesn't really work that well.
    As others have pointed out, he can also start virtually everywhere considering he was quite the adventurous type so no need to stick him next to Tyrion.

I don't care about Game1 races if their way to spotlight is through usurpation of fire. Justice for the High Elves! Ulthuan, Ulthuan above all, above all in the world! It isn't in his rules but I gather you have no problem with loreful additions judging by your comment in defence of other irregularities not present on TT or even in the lore. Prince Imrik does appear in the End Times book so he isn't really generic. To do justice to Prince Imrik, Dragonrealm, his people and Ulthuan as whole he requires far more work than FLC will ever allow. Not to mention I doubt we would even get 'dragon workshop' for FLC.

Crossover DLC are a good idea for Game3. Now we have a chance to complete Game2 races.

High Elves, Dark Elves, Skaven and Lizardmen are the way to go!
    Actually Aranessa leading Vampires isn't made up. There is a scenario in Dreadfleet in which Noctilus turns Aranessa (CA seems to have gone halfway on that and had her keep her mortality and independence). What character could they add instead of Cylostra? Every other related character is a servant of either Harkon or Noctilus, and wouldn't make sense in the conflict between them.

Yes Skaven tech is unpredictable, but that can't really be showcased as almost all TT RNG has been canned, this is more an expression of the limitations of the game than an intentional design divergence.

Yes on further inspection it seems I had mixed up Emporer Dragons and the Dragon Emperor. This error still does not make my point that Dragons are extremely common in the game setting - even more so than the much bemoaned giants - any less valid. They are extremely common, especially in HEs. Now maybe if they do some reworking to HEs they could make the dragons a little deeper, but new dragon representation isn't particularly necessary. Also thematic integrity? The primary goal is to get the most important characters, good campaign mechanics and a good, preferably filled out, roster of units - this has for the most part been fullfilled for the HEs. The characters that remain are fairly secondary, even if they obviously have some devout followers. It is good that some will have a chance to get in, and that some of the races will likely have filled out unit rosters, but the overall theme of the faction is established, secure and solid. As a fan of the faction you obviously have ideas to elevate it, details to flesh it out, and it would be nice if CA could do that with all the factions, but the faction is very solid already, anything extra is a bonus.

Game 2 factions are all solid atm, and will of course recieve more from LPs, preferably at least 4 of them - though we only know of 2 atm - that are Cross Game. The content divide between 1 and 2 is getting wider, the reworks are good for this but ideally more needs to be added to game 1 factions. The idea this would be a usurption is silly, both games have had their standard LP runs, now is the time for the focus to change. This is an interconnected trilogy, it is time for CA to fully commit to that, patching up the content divide before the final chapter is the best course of action, not widening it further. This is about the series as a whole, what is best for it is for all its factions to be robust, which will be better to do before a flood of new ones enter the frey, ensuring that many factions are left behind for years as they are at the back of the game 3 schedule. Post game 3 is a place for expanding further, not dashing to bring factions up to date after years of waiting. Imrik can wait at the back of that line or come as FLC (which I am still convinced is where he belongs), he is unnecessary - Eltharion will more than serve as a new LL (possibly expanded as a duel form LL, where the player chooses between "the blind" and "the grim") and will be instrumental in the ascention of the OW races.

I don't really care if Imrik has just as much a claim, or that he rides a dragon. What I care about, with regards to this series, is making it the best overall experience possible. Imrik is not the way forward for that - Eltharion is, therefore he is the better choice, even if the HE lose out on some mechanics in the short run, in the long run all the factions (including HE who are the open to recieving content in the next game's cycle with X-LPs being introduced) are better off for it.

But, in the end, all of this is irrelevant. CA has made their decision, who and what we are getting is set, and we have strayed far from the topic of the thread.
    It is made up. Tyrion is a brother of Teclis yet they can fight each other. Louen's crown depends on Fay Enchantress yet he can fight her. Being a servant is a non issue.

Many TT elements have been canned. Inclusion of RNG is not a rocket science code wise, it is a divergence. Winds of Magic pre battle roll is one of many RNG elements already present.

I don't think judging dragons numbers by their breeds is a valid way. Of course it is necessary, the more the merries. Even giants look different among the factions. It adds to world building. Yes, thematic integrity. No, it is not solid without Caledorians. Only roles in rosters have been filled out, not theme and flavour. Anything extra is a much needed addition, not a bonus.

They are not solid at all. 2LP will be good, I wouldn't hope for more, especially not for crossover. It would be a usurpation. No, it is time to fully flesh out Game2 for it to not share Game1's fate. Oh they will be robust after reworks. Game 3 is a perfect time for crossovers. Precisely what I have been warning people about: High Elves will be used for OW agenda. Vile.

What I care about is my favourite faction getting its theme done correctly. Eltharion is FLC material, maybe even for Game3 when DoC arrive. Nonsense, condemning High Elves to more of the same is a barbaric solution, not a long run plan. They need a martial kingdom focused on air and cavalry. There are units waiting to be buffed faction wide.

Yes, and I hope, truly hope they won't go for cross game LP. I allow FLC LL to be from OW but nothing more. That's the limit of my kindness.
    Nope - it is called the "Blood in the Water" scenario, Arranessa becomes a Vamp and joins Noctilus, as I recall it is in the official Dreadfleet rules. But this is different, Bretonnia is a fuedal state, as is Ulthuan to an extent, and the characters are individuals. Vanghiest and the like are raised by their master and bound to his will (the TK is an exception I guess), they are not in the same position as independant characters - at least the ones that were popularly requested.

It kinda is, dragons are ubiquitous in this game. HEs have their 3 TT variants, that is fine.

I can see that. This is where you and I differ, my favourite race is TKs, followed closely by LM. I would love to see more added to them. However I recognise they are in a good position now (even if Geomantic web is a meh faction mechanic) - I am fairly happy for them to give way to the other factions that need the update more.

You do realise that HEs would likely recieve 1 of the LP slots, it isn't the case at all that they will be condemned or abandoned, they will be fleshed out just as much as they would have been if the LP was just game 2.

Yes, OW is more important at this point. They are far behind in mechanics and content completeness, they deserve the attention more than a very well rounded race (that will become more so with the LPs anyway), especially since all that is left to HEs are a few units - which will be fixed with LP - some generic characters (Archmage being the important one, but Annointed would be cool) and some of the more minor characters of the race (Imrik doesn't seem to have much lore https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Imrik which makes him a fairly insignificant add). Directing content to that which needs it is the best option for the series.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Posts: 4,826Registered Users
    edited May 27
    Goatforce said:

Goatforce said:

Goatforce said:

Did RCS have a defined weapon of choice? It seems to me they were added due to ease and their relationship with Tehenhuain, and the weapon they were given was simply to make them fill a gap given the lack of lore. RCS chief was simply because LM have no character choices left so a skink lord makes sense, if the Trog had been included I'm fairly sure they would have promoted the Oracle to fit - as they have to have a character in the LP. Warlock Master was part of a supplement. If sotek was manifested once, he can be manifested again, this is not really against the lore. I think Ikkit does have a "forbidden workshop" in the lore, and I believe one of his titles is "Arch Tinkerer of Skryre" or something like that, and he is known to have given incomplete doomwheel plans so he would be the only one to have perfect ones - workshop system works perfectly with his lore. Q&C is consistant with the lore - all the units are 8th, Death Night is a thing Hellebron does, Allarielle's link to Ulthuan is a big part of her lore. Coast draws heavily from MA and Dreadfleet, think the only thing that is full on made up is Cylostra, which was needed to fill a slot.

6 factions (7 if Ice Wyrm included) have access to dragons, I believe 4 have access to giants? It is absolutely not an unfounded complaint to point out that perhaps we don't need more dragons, we have plenty (unless we somehow get Cathay, Chinese style dragons would be fairly unique). I don't really care that Star Dragons are by far the strongest (except I guess for some Chaos Dragons and I have heard Cathayan Emporer Dragons can give them trouble), they are just a more powerful dragon variant. Would I like more model variety in them? Absolutely. But this series has tons of Dragons - HEs have their 3 TT Dragon variants, that is enough to cement their position as the "Dragon Faction" Whilst I expect more dragon riding characters are coming (Archmages), more dragon variants would be bloat. I wouldn't complain about Imrik and a "Dragon Workshop", but it isn't really a thing that feels massively lacking - at least from a TW perspective (if this were an RPG then absolutely those details should be in, but in a RTS it isn't massively necessary).

Almost all factions have missing stuff, which can be argued to be important to their flavour. Whilst I would agree HEs should have got Archmage in Q&C and Elves and LM should have their lores of magic it is hardly a sacrifice that they don't have everything when that is a common theme in a lot of races - Skaven for example are missing more than HEs both in units and in iconic rep (Great Clans such as Moulder, Council of 13 for example). If you want a faction that is actually woefully lacking in its TT and lore flavour look at WoC, which is missing all its god representation (except Siggy and Mirror Guard), not HEs, which has the vast majority of its stuff - not being able to sing to dragons hardly compares to WoC. HEs have stuff missing, which will probably be fixed for the most part in the coming LPs, they are not in anything close to a bad position, therefore they are not sacrificing anything. True, CA has dispensed with rivalry where none were suitable, when a character is too important not to include, though there has always at least been a theme (religion vs Science, both being the spiritual leaders of their races) - we have all of the huge names (minus Thanquol and Malus) for game 2 so the obvious choice is to go with the best rivalry to set up the pack.

But honestly, to use your terminology, if getting content for game 1 races who are in far greater need of it requires "sacrificing" a named prince who doesn't seem to have that much unique about him (you had me excited when you suggested his dragon could cast from lore of fire, but if that isn't actually in his rules) and getting another character who is arguably also fairly generic (but also popular in HE circles as I understand), then 1000 times yes. Imrik can be a FLC with a workshop for Dragons, that would seem to be fine for him from everything I've heard here, many characters have far worse he would be an interesting campaign. Game 1 content updates are a far bigger deal, especially when HEs will be made pretty much content complete by the update anyway. I get that it is dissapointing if you don't get a character you love (I am still pining for Neferata, so I know how it feels) but this series probably can't fit everyone in, it is a question of what benefits the game overall. I don't even like the GS that much (though I hope that will change after the rework and hopeful LP), they are my least favourite faction by a large margin, but X-LPs are just too big a deal to pass up on.

No, but hammers are not something associated with skinks. Lore wise skinks don't lead armies. If Sotek manifesting once is enough. Then there is no problem with any loreful addition to Prince Imrik, Caledorians and dragons. Skaven deploy highly volatile units, even Nukit. Them having stable constructs goes aganst their theme. Widowmaker comes to mind as part of that update. Everybody can wield it even though Elves only can claim it. It gives made up wind spell as far as I'm aware. VCoast is a bag of treats. Cylostra was not needed, already existing character could fit caster role. Lore of the Deep is made up. Aranessa leading vampires is made up and probably some other things too.

It is absolutely unfounded complaint. Emperor Dragon is not Cathayan. Dragon Emperor is Cathayan title. Especially because HE holes are not in double digits those should be filled. Not to mention High Elves are missing fancy models. They would sacrifice thematic integrity if Imrik won't be a LL of choice with Caledorians fleshed out. The obvious choice is to make a good theme and Prince Imrik can fit in many of those. He and his faction offers the most. Also when I speak about dragon variety I mean their appearance. Sun, Moon and Star dragons almost look like copies. Dragon Faction without dragon riding LL is nothing but a joke. It is massively lacking, sspecially from TW-RTS perspective considering vastly different approach to campaign and battles Caledorians offer.

Also as someone else said in other thread:

Agreed on Imrik.

Even if the Caledor subfaction itself may not necessarily be playable I feel the whole Dragon/Caledor side of the High Elf unit roster isn't properly represented by their lords (and heroes) yet, despite them being a huge deal in the lore. Eltharion, while a cool character, doesn't really do any of these things imo (Eltharion/Yvresse have no stand out units related to them, at least not to the point that other characters in game don't already adequately represent them).

On TT this was less an issue since it was all about creating your own characters and armies and the generic High Elf lord class, the Prince, had quite a large amount of options and wasn't really overshadowed by Legendary Lords.
    In Total War campaigns however, Legendary Lords tend to outclass generic Lords with all kinds of additional skill trees and other cool stuff so just getting a Prince to try to represent the Caledor side of things doesn't really work that well.
    As others have pointed out, he can also start virtually everywhere considering he was quite the adventurous type so no need to stick him next to Tyrion.

I don't care about Game1 races if their way to spotlight is through usurpation of fire. Justice for the High Elves! Ulthuan, Ulthuan above all, above all in the world! It isn't in his rules but I gather you have no problem with loreful additions judging by your comment in defence of other irregularities not present on TT or even in the lore. Prince Imrik does appear in the End Times book so he isn't really generic. To do justice to Prince Imrik, Dragonrealm, his people and Ulthuan as whole he requires far more work than FLC will ever allow. Not to mention I doubt we would even get 'dragon workshop' for FLC.

Crossover DLC are a good idea for Game3. Now we have a chance to complete Game2 races.

High Elves, Dark Elves, Skaven and Lizardmen are the way to go!
    Actually Aranessa leading Vampires isn't made up. There is a scenario in Dreadfleet in which Noctilus turns Aranessa (CA seems to have gone halfway on that and had her keep her mortality and independence). What character could they add instead of Cylostra? Every other related character is a servant of either Harkon or Noctilus, and wouldn't make sense in the conflict between them.

Yes Skaven tech is unpredictable, but that can't really be showcased as almost all TT RNG has been canned, this is more an expression of the limitations of the game than an intentional design divergence.

Yes on further inspection it seems I had mixed up Emporer Dragons and the Dragon Emperor. This error still does not make my point that Dragons are extremely common in the game setting - even more so than the much bemoaned giants - any less valid. They are extremely common, especially in HEs. Now maybe if they do some reworking to HEs they could make the dragons a little deeper, but new dragon representation isn't particularly necessary. Also thematic integrity? The primary goal is to get the most important characters, good campaign mechanics and a good, preferably filled out, roster of units - this has for the most part been fullfilled for the HEs. The characters that remain are fairly secondary, even if they obviously have some devout followers. It is good that some will have a chance to get in, and that some of the races will likely have filled out unit rosters, but the overall theme of the faction is established, secure and solid. As a fan of the faction you obviously have ideas to elevate it, details to flesh it out, and it would be nice if CA could do that with all the factions, but the faction is very solid already, anything extra is a bonus.

Game 2 factions are all solid atm, and will of course recieve more from LPs, preferably at least 4 of them - though we only know of 2 atm - that are Cross Game. The content divide between 1 and 2 is getting wider, the reworks are good for this but ideally more needs to be added to game 1 factions. The idea this would be a usurption is silly, both games have had their standard LP runs, now is the time for the focus to change. This is an interconnected trilogy, it is time for CA to fully commit to that, patching up the content divide before the final chapter is the best course of action, not widening it further. This is about the series as a whole, what is best for it is for all its factions to be robust, which will be better to do before a flood of new ones enter the frey, ensuring that many factions are left behind for years as they are at the back of the game 3 schedule. Post game 3 is a place for expanding further, not dashing to bring factions up to date after years of waiting. Imrik can wait at the back of that line or come as FLC (which I am still convinced is where he belongs), he is unnecessary - Eltharion will more than serve as a new LL (possibly expanded as a duel form LL, where the player chooses between "the blind" and "the grim") and will be instrumental in the ascention of the OW races.

I don't really care if Imrik has just as much a claim, or that he rides a dragon. What I care about, with regards to this series, is making it the best overall experience possible. Imrik is not the way forward for that - Eltharion is, therefore he is the better choice, even if the HE lose out on some mechanics in the short run, in the long run all the factions (including HE who are the open to recieving content in the next game's cycle with X-LPs being introduced) are better off for it.

But, in the end, all of this is irrelevant. CA has made their decision, who and what we are getting is set, and we have strayed far from the topic of the thread.
    It is made up. Tyrion is a brother of Teclis yet they can fight each other. Louen's crown depends on Fay Enchantress yet he can fight her. Being a servant is a non issue.

Many TT elements have been canned. Inclusion of RNG is not a rocket science code wise, it is a divergence. Winds of Magic pre battle roll is one of many RNG elements already present.

I don't think judging dragons numbers by their breeds is a valid way. Of course it is necessary, the more the merries. Even giants look different among the factions. It adds to world building. Yes, thematic integrity. No, it is not solid without Caledorians. Only roles in rosters have been filled out, not theme and flavour. Anything extra is a much needed addition, not a bonus.

They are not solid at all. 2LP will be good, I wouldn't hope for more, especially not for crossover. It would be a usurpation. No, it is time to fully flesh out Game2 for it to not share Game1's fate. Oh they will be robust after reworks. Game 3 is a perfect time for crossovers. Precisely what I have been warning people about: High Elves will be used for OW agenda. Vile.

What I care about is my favourite faction getting its theme done correctly. Eltharion is FLC material, maybe even for Game3 when DoC arrive. Nonsense, condemning High Elves to more of the same is a barbaric solution, not a long run plan. They need a martial kingdom focused on air and cavalry. There are units waiting to be buffed faction wide.

Yes, and I hope, truly hope they won't go for cross game LP. I allow FLC LL to be from OW but nothing more. That's the limit of my kindness.
    Nope - it is called the "Blood in the Water" scenario, Arranessa becomes a Vamp and joins Noctilus, as I recall it is in the official Dreadfleet rules. But this is different, Bretonnia is a fuedal state, as is Ulthuan to an extent, and the characters are individuals. Vanghiest and the like are raised by their master and bound to his will (the TK is an exception I guess), they are not in the same position as independant characters - at least the ones that were popularly requested.

It kinda is, dragons are ubiquitous in this game. HEs have their 3 TT variants, that is fine.

I can see that. This is where you and I differ, my favourite race is TKs, followed closely by LM. I would love to see more added to them. However I recognise they are in a good position now (even if Geomantic web is a meh faction mechanic) - I am fairly happy for them to give way to the other factions that need the update more.

You do realise that HEs would likely recieve 1 of the LP slots, it isn't the case at all that they will be condemned or abandoned, they will be fleshed out just as much as they would have been if the LP was just game 2.

Yes, OW is more important at this point. They are far behind in mechanics and content completeness, they deserve the attention more than a very well rounded race (that will become more so with the LPs anyway), especially since all that is left to HEs are a few units - which will be fixed with LP - some generic characters (Archmage being the important one, but Annointed would be cool) and some of the more minor characters of the race (Imrik doesn't seem to have much lore https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Imrik which makes him a fairly insignificant add). Directing content to that which needs it is the best option for the series.
    It is sitll unloreful made up scenario, her human self leading vampires. Vangheist and the others too are individuals, bonds and wills can be freed for the sake of campaign. Also I highly doubt Louen relations with Fay Enchantress are strictly feudal.

It isn't. Again, I'm speaking about model variants.

I recognise that the High Elves are not in the good position. And I'm not happy for them.

Yes but I like Dark Elves and Skaven too. I want Game2 to be polished

No, they are not. All OW require are reworks. Maybe Wood Elves should get a LL or two. High Elves are missing more than a few units. I don't think judging character's lore and significance by the community written entries is the way to go. I agree and so it happens that the High Elves need a substantial addition to flesh out their dragon theme and Caledor.
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• gholingholin Member Posts: 1,091Registered Users
    edited May 29

Xenos7 said:

Yep, I think it's bad news. The series will be half-abandoned, I guess. I would love to be proven wrong, obviously. Will check back in a year time and see if my pessimism was spot on.

As an optimist I think Game2 will be in 75% abandoned. The first sign of things to come are LP over CP. 3K might the thing I needed for the prophecy of doom and gloom to be completed.
    WH2 is 100% complete, there might be a few extras (including race packs) but I admit they are not needed.
    I still want Araby. I hope that there is still a chance. That's my biggest desire for TWWH. I know I'll get the other races I want in Game 3, it's only Araby that is not for certain (but should have been).

Like others have said, TWW2 doesn't feel complete at all. Araby being MIA Is a massive void on a map that has a large portion dedicated to their lands. The fact we have high elf gryphons and dragon riders missing, and several other units and lords. I mean, it's probably less fleshed out than the WH1 map was (Maybe save a Proper empire).
  • ShigawireShigawire Senior Member Norway, BrønnøysundPosts: 3,920Registered Users
    There's nothing more unattractive in a person than pessimism informed by ignorance.