Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Zhao yun too weak

KIDASKIDAS Posts: 9Registered Users
So far in my campaign as liu bei, i managed to confederate with gongsunzan and get both him and zhao yun into my faction. I created an army with zhao yun as a leader and yet in every battle he has probably the least impact, despite being a sentinel his sustain is really trash and he gets owned by other heroes pretty hard. Generic lords are doing better than him. Its kinda sad to see that

Comments

• takilung31takilung31 Posts: 1,318Registered Users
    There are mods around that buffs Zhao Yun already

• DontTouchMyHoHosDontTouchMyHoHos Posts: 233Registered Users
    edited May 26
    Zhao yun os the strongest dueler in the entire game. Ive tested all of them vs zhao yun max lvl. By a BIG margin. Sentinels are the best duelers in the game at max lvl
  • unicornvalleyunicornvalley Posts: 111Registered Users
    1. As Liubei, you can get Zhao Yun for free, you can get an event and Zhao Yun will join you. At least that is the case for me and some streamers.
    2. Make sure you are comparing him to other sentinels, not every other classes and generals there are. This is total war. There are rock-paper-scissors mechanisms in it always. Sentinels are meant to lock down heroes to a duel or hold out enemies with his retinue. I believe if you can level him up to the point he gets all three special abilities, he is a pretty great sentinel with all that melee evasion. I've seen streams that he was able to kill Guan Yu in a duel with ease in a custom battle, though I haven't bothered to test it out myself yet, too busy with the campaign;)
    3. And yes! There are mods.
  • kweassa1kweassa1 Posts: 663Registered Users
    It depends according to how you've built him, and how you play him according to his sentinel role.
    edited May 26

1. As Liubei, you can get Zhao Yun for free, you can get an event and Zhao Yun will join you. At least that is the case for me and some streamers.
    2. Make sure you are comparing him to other sentinels, not every other classes and generals there are. This is total war. There are rock-paper-scissors mechanisms in it always. Sentinels are meant to lock down heroes to a duel or hold out enemies with his retinue. I believe if you can level him up to the point he gets all three special abilities, he is a pretty great sentinel with all that melee evasion. I've seen streams that he was able to kill Guan Yu in a duel with ease in a custom battle, though I haven't bothered to test it out myself yet, too busy with the campaign;)

Zhao yun beats every general at max abilities. Ive tested it. Its no contest. In custom battles you can fight 1v1 generals at lvl 5 stats and all abilities unlocked. There is only 1 general that can beat sentinels, xu chu. Guan yu cant even beat taishi ci with 0 dueling abilities. Melee evasion is op as ****. Literally and i do mean literally. No one can beat zhao yun in a duel.
  • EvilbunniEvilbunni Posts: 10Registered Users

You go event for zhao yun?? Do you remember how you triggered it and what it was like? Cause have never came across this before.
    The event seems to be based on gongusan and so you arent him it will be random until we find out how to trigger it. I watched a youtuber get zhao yun on turn 20ish in year 195. Ive messed around with theories by save scumming and there was nothing i could do similar to his play style. So it seems entirely based on gongusan
  • AcamalityAcamality Posts: 21Registered Users
    Having played as Gongsun Zan I remember getting an event to do with Zhao Yun and Liu Bei. It could have just been a "they suddenly have better friendship" event that did nothing other than increase their friendship, but it might've given me an option with him. I don't fully remember, but it's something worth testing if you're curious.
    Acamality said:

Having played as Gongsun Zan I remember getting an event to do with Zhao Yun and Liu Bei. It could have just been a "they suddenly have better friendship" event that did nothing other than increase their friendship, but it might've given me an option with him. I don't fully remember, but it's something worth testing if you're curious.

Thanks for the info, ill look into it. It sounds like you dont have a choice in the matter if its a yes or no thing and isnt based on anything you can adjust.
  • shattishatti Posts: 348Registered Users
    edited May 27
  • KIDASKIDAS Posts: 9Registered Users
    Replayed a new liu bei campaign, happened to me pretty early on, after a huge victory against yellow turbans i think it was. But its pretty random, occurs only after the battle tho as far as ive noticed. Following story missions could have something to do with it too.
  • EmperorYuanShuEmperorYuanShu Posts: 2Registered Users
    Is this a troll post? Zhao Yun beats everyone, He beats Lu Bu with 95% health every time. Zhao Yun needs to be nerfed. He has 100% melee attack evasion ffs.