Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Weird Vessalization logic

EvilbunniEvilbunni Posts: 10Registered Users
so im playing liu bei, trying to rush Lu Bu into my faction, i take a boat and take over Chang An, I succeed in making Dong Min into my vassal but a few turns later he declare independence and went to war with me. At first im like okay, guess im taking you by force but then i went and check diplomacy and I am now Untrustworthy due to going war with Vassal soon after making them a vassal lolz.

pretty sure this is a bug right? i mean i didnt even start it.
Tagged:

Comments

• romin_roninromin_ronin Posts: 7Registered Users
    Yeah the whole vassal system seems weird. The only time a vassal didn't declare Independence was when i left them with only 1 town. Also when I got declared on by every neighbor i asked to get vassilised by another party and they all signed peach with me. I don't think that should work
  • kweassa1kweassa1 Posts: 663Registered Users

Seems like an oversight or a bug.

Or did you do anything to prompt a declaration of independence? Like, if you grant autonomy to the vassal, and if you refuse any major request like request for help, or permission to go to war, that's gonna have negative effects and prompt the vassal to declare independence.
  • EvilbunniEvilbunni Posts: 10Registered Users
    kweassa1 said:

Seems like an oversight or a bug.

Or did you do anything to prompt a declaration of independence? Like, if you grant autonomy to the vassal, and if you refuse any major request like request for help, or permission to go to war, that's gonna have negative effects and prompt the vassal to declare independence.

Nope nothing at all lol, had this other campaign where a really friendly vassal backstabbed right after I move my army away from them lol, pretty cool part there