Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

I am getting stuck in a situation where I become "untrustworthy" no matter what

Sky_SweeperrSky_Sweeperr Senior MemberOklahomaPosts: 1,700Registered Users
I made treaties with an AI, then that AI decided to attack my vassal. Now I have two options - break my vassal treaty, or break the treaties with the other party, and both of them give me a great "untrustworthy" score. This really needs to be fixed, I should not be considered "untrustworthy" for defending my vassal from the aggressor. They should get the untrustworthy penalty in their diplomacy, not me! This is total BS.
A brave man marches into danger and ignores his fear. A courageous man marches into danger while embracing his fear.

CPU: Intel i7 4970k 4.0 Ghz
GPU: AMD r9 290x 4GB
RAM: 16GB DDR3

Veteran of the Total War franchise since Shogun: Total war. (I was 10)

Comments

• HavieHavie Posts: 1,062Registered Users
    agreedddddddddddd
  • cool_ladcool_lad Senior Member IndiaPosts: 2,245Registered Users
    I have to agree. This diplomatic Catch 22 was a bad thing in the earlier games, but is made all the worse in this game since the diplomacy is so central to gameplay.
  • Beckstreaker07Beckstreaker07 Posts: 25Registered Users
    If possible let them free from your vassal prior to the event and you don't get hit with the negative repercussions
  • AcamalityAcamality Posts: 21Registered Users
    Yeah I agree in that it's a stupid mechanic. I shouldn't be considered untrustworthy for breaking a NAP to defend the vassal that I am literally pledged and paid to defend from attackers.

I once signed a single NAP and the other person then declared war on 3 of my vassals. Sure, you get more trustworthiness for defending your vassal than what you lose for breaking the NAP, but if you have more than one agreement your trust just tanks.
  • FubarPFubarP Posts: 7Registered Users
    If you sign a NAP, that should cover your Vassals. But yeah, I just stopped caring about my trustworthy since I've been -10 since the beginning basically. I can't get out because everytime I get close, someone wants me to go to war. It's gotten bad enough that I refuse to do anything Diplomatic anymore.
  • PhraxasPhraxas Posts: 2Registered Users
    I completely agree. This issue and another involving my 6-territory-size vassal being confederated by an enemy 1-sized vassal brought me to these forums.

The politics in this game are absolutely broken. I should not have any untrustworthiness for doing trustworthy things.