Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Game Crashes as soon as I load onto the campaign map

Ev4deEv4de Posts: 2Registered Users
When I load onto a new campaign, after a few seconds (usually less than 30s) the game crashes and my screen gets a weird visual bug with white boxes everywhere (see attached image). I can delay the amount of time it take for the game to crash by reducing my graphics settings but it will always crash eventually. If I rush into the first battle I can play through it with no issues, so it has to do with the campaign map. I was having VERY similar issues with Total War Warhammer 1 and 2 with an almost identical visual bug preceding the crash, though in those two, the game would eventually come back to working after a while.

This makes campaign completely unplayable, I haven't been able to find any similar threads...

Solutions already attempted:
-Reinstallation
-Game cache verification
-DirectX reinstallation
-Graphics drivers update
-Turning off almost every possible graphics option in game
-Running as administrator

Please please please help me I've been looking forward to playing this game for so long, I am a huge fan of the franchise :(

Happy to provide any further information if needed.

Comments

• thefinisherthefinisher Posts: 1Registered Users
    I have the same issue! May I know your specs? Mine is i7-4720HQ GTX 980M 16 GB RAM. No problems in battles. Benchmarks getting 60 fps on campaign map and 57 fps on battles =(
  • Ev4deEv4de Posts: 2Registered Users

I have the same issue! May I know your specs? Mine is i7-4720HQ GTX 980M 16 GB RAM. No problems in battles. Benchmarks getting 60 fps on campaign map and 57 fps on battles =(

My specs: Ryzen 7 2700x, GTX 1080ti, 16gb ram. I play a variety of other games on my PC with no issues it's literally only with the latest total war games that I have this issue... At one point I managed to partially fix it for Warhammer II, I would still get the periodic freeze and white boxes, but at least it didn't crash my game. (If i remember correctly I fixed it by running as admin, forcing it to run in DX11, and running in windowed mode).