Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Coop desync

DlohDloh Registered Users Posts: 1
edited May 2019 in Multiplayer Bugs
Build Number: V1.0.0 9292.1665972

Description: Constantly having a 'Waiting for Players' issue, where regardless if I am hosting or not, my friend and I are constantly hit by wave after wave of what I would assume is desync. I've tried forwarding ports specifically for the game, following https://portforward.com/total-war-three-kingdoms/ website. The only way we've been able to play without constant interruption(it was a single battle, but it was happening every 30-45 seconds) is if I set myself into Ipv4 DMZ mode, but I am worried about the risks. Is it that big of a security risk for just enabling it to play for a couple of hours, without doing anything else and then turning it back off.

Normally I would chalk it up to internet providers, but we can go and hop on Total War: Warhammer 2 and play just fine. So I am wondering if there are specific ports that need to be forwarded that the website didn't give me, I know the legitimacy of the website isn't that great, but it helped me go from NAT Yellow in some other games to NAT Green, so I figured it would help here.

I'm currently rocking Spectrum, and my router is an ARRIS Model CM820A

Reproduction Steps: Currently it is out of my control, it just seems to happen randomly during our game, to the point where eventually one of us is completely disconnected.

Multiplayer Save: I will edit my initial post when I can grab the .save file.

Edit: Unsure if I should have posted this here, or in performance. If it's in the wrong location, someone just correct me and I will repost in the proper channel. Thank you!
Tagged: