Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

In ProgressConstant crashes (black screen and than broken screen)

2»

Comments

  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 35,669Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Let's hope yours is one of the 24 individual crash scenarios CA has fixed in the new beta.

    "He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

    |Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

    Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

    "We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • LestaTLestaT Senior Member Posts: 3,230Registered Users

    Let's hope yours is one of the 24 individual crash scenarios CA has fixed in the new beta.

    Before this patch, my pc totally crash and needed hard reboot.

    With this beta patch, my pc becomes like this. Guess this is already progress since my pc no longer crash, just the screen freeze for a while.

    Need to alt+tab then go back to the game to continue playing though the graphic looks distorted a bit.

    The temp still goes up to 80c while in battle (quickest way to check is to run the battle benchmark). Just tested running Warhammer 2 and the temp usuallu 70c-72c and max only up to 75c once in a while.

  • zhentuanzhuangzhentuanzhuang Junior Member Posts: 45Registered Users
    edited June 14

    Let's hope yours is one of the 24 individual crash scenarios CA has fixed in the new beta.

    Unfortunately, after one hour playing with the latest 1.10 beta patch, the "broken boxes crash" still exists....
    i9-9900k @ 5Ghz
    G.Skill 8gb x 2 @ 4000Mhz
    Geforece GTX 1080
  • WotansKarlWotansKarl Posts: 13Registered Users
    Boguspomp said:

    Boguspomp said:

    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/243721/frequent-graphics-crash-on-battle-and-campaign#latest

    I'm having the exact same issue with my 1080ti GPU, however i have reinstalled my old GTX 970 and am having no issues.

    are we any closer to a fix?

    what specific model 1080ti do you have?
    AORUS GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti 11G
    extreme editon take it? thats the same one i have
  • nielscnossennielscnossen Posts: 2Registered Users
    I have the same problem, also a 1080ti. Maybe something with memory? Most people with the problem have a 1080ti it looks like.
  • nielscnossennielscnossen Posts: 2Registered Users
    Try to play in window mode not fullscreen(you can alt ent), plus second screen on. Im on latest beta patch.

    Played for 3 Hours and no crash :)
  • andrija5kovicandrija5kovic Posts: 4Registered Users
    So I still get the bug but instead of crashing it just does the broken screen thing for a sec and returns to normal and then at the end of the battle it just crashes no screen bug or anything
  • LestaTLestaT Senior Member Posts: 3,230Registered Users
    edited June 28
    Still having issues with GPU running on boost mode. It does not really crash the pc as I can still hear the sound of the game. The screen just turn blank and after restart it is mentioned that Radeon Adrenalin have some error and have to restart.

    The issue does not happened on default mode. Another thing I realize is that the GPU runs hotter in this game, whether I use default or boost mode. Always running above 75c and occasionally goes to 82c. Just tested to run other games including Warhammer 2, the GPU temp is always around 65c-70c. Never goes above 72c in more than an hour of gaming.

    Might be issues with Radeon driver itself though but it is the same with every driver released prior and post TW3K released.
    Post edited by LestaT on
  • LexandroLexandro Posts: 11Registered Users
    It is also with Geforce.
    Especially the overclocked graphic cards.
  • BoguspompBoguspomp Posts: 10Registered Users

    Boguspomp said:

    Boguspomp said:

    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/243721/frequent-graphics-crash-on-battle-and-campaign#latest

    I'm having the exact same issue with my 1080ti GPU, however i have reinstalled my old GTX 970 and am having no issues.

    are we any closer to a fix?

    what specific model 1080ti do you have?
    AORUS GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti 11G
    extreme editon take it? thats the same one i have
    No, only the standard Aorus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti. Interesting we both have Aorus though!
  • CA_VixCA_Vix Posts: 108Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
    Hey everyone,

    We're still trying to isolate the exact cause of the issue. Has this issue still been occurring for all of you?

    Let me know, I want to do everything I can to help.

    All the best,

    Vix
  • Lord_KenLord_Ken Posts: 1Registered Users
    Yes, I am having a similar issue. Although my game does not always crash to desktop. I see the same broken blocks thing and 1st OP. This occurs rarely on the campaign map, mostly during battle.

    It will hang for a few seconds...
    Flash a strange render of a mountain in the distance (like a backdrop/skybox thing or??)
    Then it shows the broken blocks (like OP's screenshot) for a few seconds
    Most of the time the game resumes but does it again in a couple minutes... sometimes just CTD instead of resuming.

    v1.1.0 Build 10009.1688838
    attached:
    2 crash logs, campaign save, prefs, dxdiag, modified.log, and benchmark
  • LestaTLestaT Senior Member Posts: 3,230Registered Users
    CA_Vix said:

    Hey everyone,

    We're still trying to isolate the exact cause of the issue. Has this issue still been occurring for all of you?

    Let me know, I want to do everything I can to help.

    All the best,

    Vix

    Only when using boost mode for my RX 580 Sapphire Nitro+ running at 1411Mhz. Running on lower clock (1250Mhz) didnt cause the issue.

    When the game is running (battle, campaign map) the temp is pretty normal. However on some screens (loading, opening character tabs, idling etc) seems to bring the temp up.
  • CA_VixCA_Vix Posts: 108Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
    Hi everyone,

    Thank you for your patience.

    After reviewing some crash files we received from other users, this issue may be potentially caused by a missing or corrupted "KERNELBASE.dll" file which is usually found in your local System32 folder.

    I'd like to request anyone who is still experiencing this problem to try the following options:

    1) Check if Windows has the latest update installed on your PC. You can do this by opening the Start menu and typing "Windows Update Centre".

    2) Use the Windows System File Checker to repair the corrupted file. A full guide on how to do this can be found here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system

    3) Try running the Compatibility Troubleshooter on the Three Kingdoms.exe itself. You can do this by right-clicking the .exe on your desktop, select Properties>Compatibility>Run Compatibility Troubleshooter. From there, follow the instructions - you will be asked to "Try Recommended Settings".

    Please let me know if this solves the issue!

    All the best,

    Vix
  • LestaTLestaT Senior Member Posts: 3,230Registered Users
    CA_Vix said:

    Hi everyone,

    Thank you for your patience.

    After reviewing some crash files we received from other users, this issue may be potentially caused by a missing or corrupted "KERNELBASE.dll" file which is usually found in your local System32 folder.

    I'd like to request anyone who is still experiencing this problem to try the following options:

    1) Check if Windows has the latest update installed on your PC. You can do this by opening the Start menu and typing "Windows Update Centre".

    2) Use the Windows System File Checker to repair the corrupted file. A full guide on how to do this can be found here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system

    3) Try running the Compatibility Troubleshooter on the Three Kingdoms.exe itself. You can do this by right-clicking the .exe on your desktop, select Properties>Compatibility>Run Compatibility Troubleshooter. From there, follow the instructions - you will be asked to "Try Recommended Settings".

    Please let me know if this solves the issue!

    All the best,

    Vix

    Hi Vix.

    Just an update. I reformated and reinstall windows so I did not try the option 1 and 2.

    I did try the compatibility troule shooter and it suggested compatibility with Windows 8?

    Tried running with the boost mode and the screen goes blank after maybe 15 minutes. No crashes since I can still hear the sound so I have to manual reboot the pc. I played the game while logging in to hwinfo and from what I see from the log my gpu fans are running 99% before it happened. Now it could be my GPU but I tested other games like Warhammer 2 it did not hapened like that. I can provide the log if it helps.
  • andrija5kovicandrija5kovic Posts: 4Registered Users
    I still have this bug and have tried everything how is this still not fixed???
  • andrija5kovicandrija5kovic Posts: 4Registered Users
    does anyone know a fix to this?
Sign In or Register to comment.